Recommendations for renting DVC points

Any experience with Poly in the 7-11 month time frame? I know there is availability but none of the resellers seem to have Poly points.
As a non-home resort owner, no. I got it easily at 7 months last summer and for this spring break, though. Not DVC hot times, so I don't know how typical that availability is.

Any experience with Poly in the 7-11 month time frame? I know there is availability but none of the resellers seem to have Poly points.
The brokers aren't willing to pay Poly owners enough for their points. They pay them the same that they pay an AKV owner. Nothing against AKV (I own there myself) but the cost to purchase Poly points far exceeds what it costs to get the same number of points at AKV.

On top of that, Poly is still a relatively new resort. People who bought there want to use their points for themselves. So they are less likely to be listing their points with a rental agency than someone who has been an owner for a longer period of time, such as OKW or SSR.

I put in a rental request on 10/25/18 for a Poly standard view studio for 4 nights at the end of July 2019. The reservation was picked up by an owner and made on 11/7/18. So about 8.5 months ahead of our stay.

My Beach Club studio took a bit longer to be picked up. Submitted a 3 night request on 11/16/18 and picked up on 12/20/18.

If you are looking to rent the end of Dec 2019, you need to line up someone now. They may need to walk the reservation. 11 months out to the day might not get you what you want.

I just used DVC Rental Store and can't say enough great things about them.
I chose them over David's because you don't have to pay a deposit to have them check availability for you - it's free. And they let you pay a deposit with the balance due at 45 days out, which was better for us.
We made our choices of resorts and within 2 days they were accepted by an owner and we had bookings confirmed.
It was so easy.

I was able to get Poly at 11 months, David's didn't have enough points so I rented directly with an owner and it worked out fine :)

If you are looking to rent the end of Dec 2019, you need to line up someone now. They may need to walk the reservation. 11 months out to the day might not get you what you want.
Looking to go November the week before thanksgiving, so it should be mostly open. All four resellers didn't have anything for poly as of this week.

Looking to go November the week before thanksgiving, so it should be mostly open. All four resellers didn't have anything for poly as of this week.
There's a difference between nothing being available and an agency not having a DVC owner with Poly points. If you've been told by one agency that nothing is available for that week, then you're going to get the same answer from every agency. They all look at the same inventory of villas. None of them has access to a special supply. If that's the case, they probably offered to book something that they can get at another resort.

If you've been told that they don't have any Poly owners lined up at the moment but that there are studios available for your dates, the agency most likely offered you the option of going on a waiting list with the hope that a Poly owner with sufficient points will sign on with the agency. Doing so does not hold the currently available villa for you. It puts you in line behind others who have also requested Poly, but not necessarily for the same dates as you.

The week leading up to Thanksgiving is already booked up at some resorts and studio availability at others is limited to scattered nights at others. If by "the week before thanksgiving" you are referring to the dates between 11/17-11/23, then you may stand a chance. However, even those chances are growing slimmer by the day.

I am currently in the booking process with DVC Rental Store and my experience so far has not been that great. I booked and paid for a room on Sunday, still have no confirmation #, and I'm owed a refund because the room they were able to secure was in a lower booking category than I had wanted (and I was required to prepay because we are inside 30 days). It has been three business days since I was notified the room was secured and I don't even have an emailed refund pending notification or anything (or any sort of email contact from them for the last two days). Next time I'd try David's instead.

I have used David's twice and both were easy, seamless processes. I booked both at 11 months, once for the Grand Californian in CA and once for the Grand Floridian Villas. Both times I had a reservation secured within 24 hours. I wouldn't hesitate to use David's again. I think renting a studio is a great value compared to paying for a standard room or paying for a villa through Disney; but the savings doesn't seem to be as much with the bigger units.

we have used DVC rental store to do a total of 5 bookings over the past 3 years. Excellent experience, including adding DME, dining plan etc to the reservation.

We were about 8 months out and wait listed for Poly through Davids. We had our reservation secured in less than 2 weeks.

I have used The DVC Rental store 3 times and all 3 experiences have been great

I got the resorts and rooms I wanted each time.
I also like them because you only need to pay half upfront and the rest 45 days before your trip
I like to plan our Disney trips 9-12 months out and this gives me time to make payment after the down payment

I have not been impressed with David’s DVC Rental. I have been trying to add guests to my reservation and it will not get done. I have given them plenty of time. David’s keeps telling me to call Disney. Disney won’t talk to me unless I am the DVC holder. In 16 more days my added family members can not take advantage to the 60 day fast past rides, since they are not on the hotel reservation. I’m super disappointed! Would not use them again!

Don't confuse "slow times for Disney" and "slow times for DVC." November is part of DVC high season.

I have not been impressed with David’s DVC Rental. I have been trying to add guests to my reservation and it will not get done. I have given them plenty of time. David’s keeps telling me to call Disney. Disney won’t talk to me unless I am the DVC holder. In 16 more days my added family members can not take advantage to the 60 day fast past rides, since they are not on the hotel reservation. I’m super disappointed! Would not use them again!
David cannot add your family members to the reservation. Only the owner of the points can do that. It would have been better if you had given them all the names when you made the reservation. Perhaps David cannot get in contact with the owner of the points right now. How long have you been trying to add your guests?

I'm surprised that anyone at David's would be telling you to call Disney to add the names yourself. They're well-versed on how DVC works, so they know full well that only the owner can change or add names to a reservation. It's possible that they cannot get a hold of the owner to do it, or that the owner has declined to do it (They agreed to rent to you based on the number of people on the initial reservation. They are under no obligation to make any changes, including adding more people to the reservation. Not that I'm saying it's the right thing to do. If you paid for a villa that will accommodate everyone, then IMO it should not be an issue to add the others.)

But here's how you get around the 60-day FP+ problem if you can't get those names added before then. There's a function on the app whereby you can modify the party and add or remove names to a FP+ Reservation. You might have to choose a slightly different time in order to get all of them on the same FP+ reservation but it does work when part of your group is not staying onsite.

Your bigger problem would be that those who are not added to the reservation will not have Magic Bands that work on the villa door. They won't qualify for EMH nor for DME. You may want to reach out to David's via their FB page. They should be able to get this fixed for you, assuming that they can reach the owner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter