Recommended Grocery Store for Pickup near Windsor Hills / Route 192

studiojmm

Mouseketeer
I'd like to arrange to pick up groceries on our way from the airport to Windsor Hills, probably I-4 to Rt 192, without needing to get everyone out of the car and wander the aisles. Pickup seems easier than coordinating delivery. Any recommendations for pre-order and pickup or cautions regarding Walmart, Publix, or others? Thanks.

That particular Walmart has a very large, covered pickup area on the side of the building. We have used the Walmart app to purchase our items and then pulled in and called and they bring it out to the car. Very easy. Going inside to shop is another story. It's mayhem and finding a parking spot is a chore.

That particular Walmart has a very large, covered pickup area on the side of the building. We have used the Walmart app to purchase our items and then pulled in and called and they bring it out to the car. Very easy. Going inside to shop is another story. It's mayhem and finding a parking spot is a chore.
Great. Thanks exactly the kind of info I'm looking for. I've shopped and that Walmart and am trying to avoid doing it again.

The grocery delivery there is GREAT and super easy--and so convenient to Windsor Hills! I did have to wait about 5 minutes on our last trip, but still better than going inside!!! It's been basically painless.

That is a great idea for anyone staying in that area, one I will certainly take advantage of. When the kids were young I would go in so they could pick out Disney sweatshirts and such to save 75% of park prices.

If you use the code "fastcar" you can get your first walmart delivery free.
We use instacart now , its not that we did not like walmart. It was our issue of stuff being refunded and not replaced. With instacart i can text the shopper the whole time and approve or decline replacements. And i could make an order the same day. Walmart needed a day advance.

I vote Walmart also. We used the NEW one close to Windsor Hills on our last trip. We stayed at Orange Lake Resort. Walmart gives you the option of substitutions if items are out of stock. Look for it on the last page before you enter your credit card info. Also Wal-Mart USUALLY will substitute an item of higher value. BUT...YOU MUST GIVE THE OPTION OF ALLOWING SUBSTITUTIONS. I ordered the Great Value plastic red cups 50ct. They were sold out and substituted the HEFTY brand for the same price. They substituted a few items but always gave me more or a better name brand. I ordered Great Value 75ft aluminum foil and received Reynolds Wrap instead. No problem. Ordering beer, wine, and wine coolers from Walmart is also a huge convenience and far less expensive than the liquor stores. Also my DH believes online ordering and pickup saved us almost $100...how you ask? Because he believes if I went inside to shop for the grocery items myself I would have purchased about $100 worth of additional food and souvenir items we didn't need. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!