Recommended schedule???

sandy3550

Mouseketeer
This is our first trip to WDW and I am wondering if anyone can give some advice, as to what we should do when. First of all, our family consists of me, DH, DD-8 & DS-4 (celebrating his 5th bday there). We are gonna get there on Thursday Dec 20th -hopefully b/4 noon and are leaving (well our last day of reservations anyway) on Wednesday Dec 26th. I had thought that we wouldn't "waste" 1 of our PH days (got PH 5-day) on the day we arrive. Actually thinking that we might try to do Chef Mickeys for dinner that night & just swim & check everything out on Thurs. Does this sound right? Also, DH suggested that we skip Epcot this year, since the kids are so young (I tend to agree with him), and maybe try a day at Seaworld, not necessarily a priority. I also need to "try" to get a PS for Cindys somewhere in there, suggestions for a particular day would be most appreciated! I can't wait to see what everyone comes up with! Thanks in advance.

I think your idea for the first day sounds great.

With the parks being as crowded as they are at that time of the year, I wouldn't plan on going to Sea World. You're going to need all that time to do the things you want to do even if you do skip Epcot. I do think that there are things your kids would enjoy at Epcot, especially in Future World.

I would normally recommend that with kids that young you start at Epcot and MGM and go to MK last so that your kids don't whine and want to go back the whole time, but things are just going to get more and more crowded while you're there, so it might be best to start at MK.

IMHO Epcot is wonderful even for kids. My dd was 3 our first visit and Epcot was her fav parks. She loved (and still does) the live entertainment, the kidcot stops and the various rides and shows. Its a great slow down, relax and enjoy park. We have never been during Christmas but our normal schedule would be a park in the am, usually MK or AK until 1-2 and then a pool break and rest and a different park in the evening, usually MGM or Epcot. Even with the reduced hours this will be our plan the 2nd week of december.

Have a great time whatever you decide but don't rule out Epcot esp with parkhoppers as you could do AK in the am and Epcot in the evening!

Tj

EPCOT is something special during the Christmas season. Whereas MK is very Victorian in its Christmas decorations, EPCOT has all kinds of great things, especially in WS. Germany is just awesome at Christmas time!
Please reconsider skipping this. Even if you just go there for one late afternoon and evening to see the decorations and Illuminations, it will be worth your time.
Besides, one of my favorite restaurants, Le Cellier, is there :D

Our DS (age 4) LOVED Epcot. Here's how we did it: since the parks closed early on us this past week, we would go over to epcot after our mid day break (around 4pm). More people were leaving than going in and we walked right on to Spaceship Earth and Living Seas. the next pavilion is the Land and if I could recommend one meal at WDW ,the Garden Grill would be it!!! Wonderful food!!! Great service!!! the BEST character interaction-Mikcey, Minnie, Chip and Dale, Pluto. You do need a ps. You don't have to get up and get your food and you can't see the other diners (the way the booths are set up). You just see the "land " ride beneath you , because the rest. is rotating! This is a very relaxing character meal! Future world also has this cool fountain that lights up and changes to music. Also ,Ice Station cool was fun (snow). The Tapestry of Dreams parade was BEAUTIFUL. It runs between Mexico and Morrocco (so you would go to the left as you enter the World Showcase. It runs at 6:30 and 8:10. Believe it or not ,AK is where we had the least fun! We did Epcot at night twice!

ok, I'm starting to get a little more organized, at least I think. If anyone can help me I would appreciate it. I'm trying to figure out when we should do what.

We will be there from the 21st til the 26th. Anyone have suggestions?

Thurs 12/20 arrive around 12:00
gonna hang out at the ALMu & get ready to have fun! have PS for Chef Mickey at 5:45

Friday 12/21 PS for CRT at 9:40 ???

Sat 12/22 ??? PS for Crystal Palace at 2:40 ???

Sun 12/23 ???

Mon 12/24 ??? PS for dinner at Cinderellas castle at 6:50

Tues 12/25 Open presents then ???

All help from WDW experts would be appreciated.

I would do MK on Fri. 12/21 before the rest of the world starts to decend on WDW. Maybe do AK morning of 12/22 and MK after your PS. 12/23 I would do EPCOT, followed by MGM on 12/24, with your PS in the evening at MK. 12/25 you should leave open in the plan to cover whatever you missed previously.

Thanks for the advice! I have LOTS of questions, so I'm glad there are veterans that can help!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter