Recovery options near WDW (cryotherapy, compression, etc.)

GirlfromTN

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! I’m doing the Dopey challenge for the first time next month (have run Goofy before, plus various other RD races). I am wondering if anyone has good recs for recovery therapies like cryotherapy, light recovery massage, somewhere that has those compression leg sleeves - stuff like that not far from WDW. I will be staying onsite and am planning to hit up the hot tubs and also bring epsom salts for baths in my room, but thought it might be a good idea to schedule something else to help with recovery in between or after races. I am aware of the GF spa and spas at other nearby hotels, but specifically looking for options more focused on sports recovery than pampering type massage places.

there's usually a normatec compression boot booth at the expo that you could go "try" after the half.

That being said, I would be wary of trying new-to-you recovery methods between races.

There is a Massage Envy not too far away I used years ago the day after the marathon. They of course push their memberships but not required and was ok although I suspect there are better options.

Maybe call TrackShack, FitToRun or another local running store and ask if they can suggest something.

Hi everyone! I’m doing the Dopey challenge for the first time next month (have run Goofy before, plus various other RD races). I am wondering if anyone has good recs for recovery therapies like cryotherapy, light recovery massage, somewhere that has those compression leg sleeves - stuff like that not far from WDW. I will be staying onsite and am planning to hit up the hot tubs and also bring epsom salts for baths in my room, but thought it might be a good idea to schedule something else to help with recovery in between or after races. I am aware of the GF spa and spas at other nearby hotels, but specifically looking for options more focused on sports recovery than pampering type massage places.
Do you have compression socks or sleeves? I bring mine when I'm doing b2b races and wear them in the parks, in my room, to dinner, etc. Sometimes on the plane too, but that's mostly when I'm flying home.

Foam roller has done wonders for me
I am bringing my foam roller, theragun, compression socks and epsom salts. I thought it also may be a good option to visit a sports recovery / cryotherapy type of place but I don’t know of any particular ones so looking for any recommendations near WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter