Votes: 71 55.9%
  • Dislike

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Undecided

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • Other

Votes: 9 7.1%

• Total voters
So... in corecting the title, a second tread was posted... sigh.

Last edited:
I personally Do. Not. Like. It

Any thoughts?

I have some concerns about underage usage but on the whole I don't have a problem with it. I like a glass of wine every so often and look at recreational cannabis usage in the same light.

Edited to add: if you want insight into how this is going to effect our country, look at Colorado. It's been legal there since 2014.

if it enables folks with chronic pain to opt for cbd based treatment products it will be life altering for many and potentially life saving. myself and many others who were over prescribed dangerous and potentially addictive opioids for decades by well meaning doctors now have a safe alternative that provides no 'high' or psychoactive effect. the minor amount of cbd gel i put on my arthritic knees, back and hips provides me more relief than any amount of pain meds i've taken in decades. likewise-i've known individuals with severe seizure disorders to have tremendous results with cbd oils-they can now live relatively normal lives for the first time ever.

many say that all this can be taken care of via just legalizing medical mj in a region but washington tried that-the majority of providers wouldn't prescribe even when they knew the benefits (entire health systems prohibited their providers from prescribing) so it was very ineffective. now at least a doctor can discuss it openly and then the patient can make their own decision and easily aquire it in a safe, legal and highly regulated environment.

I have some concerns about underage usage

if they do it there as it's done in washington it's VERY difficult (unless it's like liquor and you get an older person to do it for you)-i'm in my mid 50's and no store will sell to me until i provide my government i.d. showing my age (some stores take it a step further and won't even let you in the front door-guards are posted).

I personally Do. Not. Like. It

Any thoughts?
You haven't provided thoughts on your opinion. Why don't you like it?

My opinion, if adults can make the choice to drink alcohol or not, they should be able to make the choice to use marijuana or not.

It's a harmless plant. It is non-addictive. Effects are far worse with alcohol. It's completely natural, the only "drug" that I know of that is used without any processing. Really, it's just a plant and not a drug. The way people drive today, I almost say it should be a requirement to smoke before getting behind the wheel. It's been shown countless times that people do better driving stoned than they do sober. If it was a requirement for driving, the worst high speed accidents would all be at 20 mph.

My opinion, if adults can make the choice to drink alcohol or not, they should be able to make the choice to use marijuana or not.

It's a harmless plant. It is non-addictive. Effects are far worse with alcohol. It's completely natural, the only "drug" that I know of that is used without any processing. Really, it's just a plant and not a drug. The way people drive today, I almost say it should be a requirement to smoke before getting behind the wheel. It's been shown countless times that people do better driving stoned than they do sober. If it was a requirement for driving, the worst high speed accidents would all be at 20 mph.

Should be a requirement? Sounds like sound reasoning, nothing could go wrong.

I have some concerns about underage usage but on the whole I don't have a problem with it. I like a glass of wine every so often and look at recreational cannabis usage in the same light.

Edited to add: if you want insight into how this is going to effect our country, look at Colorado. It's been legal there since 2014.

There’s been underage use for a loooooong time, making it legal isn’t going to change that.

I’m pretty neutral on making it legal. I’ll look into edibles to see if it will help with pain control. I do qualify for a marijuana card from my dr but it was a huge hassle of a process so I didn’t bother.

@NFLDERS why are you against it?

Something to keep in mind is just because it is legal doesn't mean you can do it. There was a case here where someone was fired for failing a drug test in a state where it was legal. The firing was upheld on appeal because a company can still have a policy against having the drug in your system even if it is legal and you partook off the clock.

if it enables folks with chronic pain to opt for cbd based treatment products it will be life altering for many and potentially life saving. myself and many others who were over prescribed dangerous and potentially addictive opioids for decades by well meaning doctors now have a safe alternative that provides no 'high' or psychoactive effect. the minor amount of cbd gel i put on my arthritic knees, back and hips provides me more relief than any amount of pain meds i've taken in decades. likewise-i've known individuals with severe seizure disorders to have tremendous results with cbd oils-they can now live relatively normal lives for the first time ever.

many say that all this can be taken care of via just legalizing medical mj in a region but washington tried that-the majority of providers wouldn't prescribe even when they knew the benefits (entire health systems prohibited their providers from prescribing) so it was very ineffective. now at least a doctor can discuss it openly and then the patient can make their own decision and easily aquire it in a safe, legal and highly regulated environment.

I can agree with its usage as a terminal pain option, even though I personally don't have any basis for understanding how it relieves terminal pain - but I can certainly agree it has to be a better option than opioids. So I would say I am probably for medical usage but not a recreational usage. I am not sure that the distinction between medical and recreational will make much difference for prescribers though, at least not quickly.

It is not non-addictive. There are many, many genetic variants out there. How will they be regulated? What kind of scientific proof do you have of any of your statements?

Something to keep in mind is just because it is legal doesn't mean you can do it.

A very important note.

Something to keep in mind is just because it is legal doesn't mean you can do it. There was a case here where someone was fired for failing a drug test in a state where it was legal. The firing was upheld on appeal because a company can still have a policy against having the drug in your system even if it is legal and you partook off the clock.

I really don't care either way. Our company is getting an insert with the pay stubs this week reminding everyone that the company policy is to treat marijuana as it would treat alcohol. It is not permitted at work, while on job sites, or while operating company equipment or vehicles. After work is is your private time, just don't come to work stoned. Our policy already deals with medically prescribed pot. We are a road building company and it was categorized with all other medicine that should not be taken while operating heavy machinery. We all had to sign the policy when hired. It basically tells us now that pot is becoming legal it still prohibited while on the job. The consequence don't change even though it's legal.

The only thing that comes to mind is that many people won't have to jump through the hoops to get the medical card to buy it now.

Last edited:

I'm a 100% advocate for full legalization and have been a member of NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) for the past 10 years, but I disagree with a lot of this.

First, try and give a good reason to legalize without using "alcohol is legal" as a reason. Alcohol is by far much more dangerous, but we are not talking about alcohol.

Second, there are inherent dangers of smoking marijuana, especially underage. It can cause certain developmental issues in minors under 16 and inhaling anything that is burning is not good for the respiratory system. Edibles do negate this, but too many edibles can be a frightening ride. The plus side is there has never been a documented case of over dosing on marijuana.

Third, driving while high is idiotic. There has never been any such test you are referring to. If there was, I'd advocate for it. Driving high is dangerous. I don't care if you are only going 20 mph. Google traffic accidents in Colorado since 2014 (legalization year) to see what I mean.

Again, I fully support full legalization as I see more danger in keeping it illegal, especially in the states, than keeping it illegal. But to say it is harmless and can't be abused is incorrect.

I'm a 100% advocate for full legalization and have been a member of NORML (National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws) for the past 10 years, but I disagree with a lot of this.

First, try and give a good reason to legalize without using "alcohol is legal" as a reason. Alcohol is by far much more dangerous, but we are not talking about alcohol.

Second, there are inherent dangers of smoking marijuana, especially underage. It can cause certain developmental issues in minors under 16 and inhaling anything that is burning is not good for the respiratory system. Edibles do negate this, but too many edibles can be a frightening ride. The plus side is there has never been a documented case of over dosing on marijuana.

Third, driving while high is idiotic. There has never been any such test you are referring to. If there was, I'd advocate for it. Driving high is dangerous. I don't care if you are only going 20 mph. Google traffic accidents in Colorado since 2014 (legalization year) to see what I mean.

Again, I fully support full legalization as I see more danger in keeping it illegal, especially in the states, than keeping it illegal. But to say it is harmless and can't be abused is incorrect.
I would rather it be LEGAL and REGULATED like alcohol than illegal. My company is treating being it in your system as being the same as having alcohol in your system.

I have no problems with it being legal. It's like cigarettes with the effects of alcohol, not a big deal IMO.

I would rather it be LEGAL and REGULATED like alcohol than illegal. My company is treating being it in your system as being the same as having alcohol in your system.

Well ok fair enough. Me too.

It's especially bad as it stays in your system for up to 30 days after being used. I've had some good cannabis but never one that kept me high that long. LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter