"Redd" Joins The Pirates

I really wish I would’ve gotten to see it.

When they do a huge renovation of Expedition they will redo him but that won't happen for a while. The ride is pretty much broken down to three parts (three foundations if you will), the mountain, the coaster and the yeti. They miscalculated the Yeti somehow and within a couple weeks (if that) of operation his foundation was already cracking so they had to shut him down.

One day....

When they do a huge renovation of Expedition they will redo him but that won't happen for a while. The ride is pretty much broken down to three parts (three foundations if you will), the mountain, the coaster and the yeti. They miscalculated the Yeti somehow and within a couple weeks (if that) of operation his foundation was already cracking so they had to shut him down.

One day....
It’s more of an If than a when. I’m well aware of the yeti story. Joe Rohde wants to fix him but it’s a money and time issue.

How long was the ride actually closed?Does anybody know if it ended up opening early? Just asking because I am hoping that maybe it will reopen in Disneyland a few days earlier....

We rode it last week after it reopened. Here’s something I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere - did they remove the mermaid skeleton at the beginning? I’m sure it wasn’t there when we rode it.

Yes they did. Tim focused on that in his video. Removed the skeleton and the box from the movie. Since they could never get the Mermaid splash to work properly, they probably just wanted to take it out of the story line.

We rode it last week after it reopened. Here’s something I haven’t seen mentioned anywhere - did they remove the mermaid skeleton at the beginning? I’m sure it wasn’t there when we rode it.

Yes they did. Tim focused on that in his video. Removed the skeleton and the box from the movie. Since they could never get the Mermaid splash to work properly, they probably just wanted to take it out of the story line.

This makes me happy, I always thought it was a crappy shoehorn if I’m honest

Just saw the new scene yesterday. I can’t really explain what I felt. Disappointment was a big one. The dialog was dumb. The new redhead is unconvincing. Then you make her the main character in a butchered scene. I left the ride feeling a little robbed. I get it. Things have to change but I am sad about it.

PotC seemed to be phasing out the mermaids for a while. I was last there about a year and a half back and they didn't seem to have the projections going and maybe not even the mermaid song playing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter