Redeeming pre purchased photo package

Oh Henry

Earning My Ears
So I bought the photo package for my brother before our cruise. Does he need to bring the receipt to Shutters the first day onboard? Or can he just show up the last morning with the receipt to claim his photo package?

They should already have a record of his order, but I highly recommend he drop by Shutters some time during the cruise to make sure they have it. On one or two of our cruises, they haven't had the record of my order, but when I showed the receipt, it was quickly added with no problem. Don't wait until the last morning to check.

I recommend that he checks in with them fairly early into the cruise. I went on, I think, day 3 of our 7 day. They had no record of my name. It was in my TA's name. I have no idea why, but fortunately her name is rather unique and there was no one on-board with it, plus if they had dug around - they'd have found her as our booking agent. At that point, I was on some paper list at the counter of unclaimed pre-purchased packages - "we don't know who this person is", etc., b/c they had no family with that last name on-board at all. It took them a few minutes to straighten things out, and I would NOT have wanted to do that in the end-of-cruise rush when Shutters is packed. In the off chance they submit the order in your name and not his - tell him to check in with them earlier than the last day. In doing so, we did not have to commit to the photos we wanted or anything. We did that part at the end still.

I checked in the first day with the receipt...when you print it out, it actually instructs you to bring it along to present to the Shutters folks.
The earlier the better as they sometimes are not super organized. Also, be sure to check every evening to make sure that your photos are of you and placed properly in your digital file. We were missing some on day 3 and they found them when I asked where they were on day 4. We also had photos of other people in our file and had to have them removed.
Some photos are using facial recognition and most use your KTTWC to scan. Be aware that we had the most problems with the facial recognition photos showing up.

You know reading this makes me wonder why Disney uses an outside company for photos rather than doing it themselves. Given how well they do Photopass, it would work much better and they would make more money ey I would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter