Rediscovering old friends and classmates

AngieBelle

<font color=#FF0066>Future Belle on Broadway<br><f
Paula (my sister) and I have been getting very nostalgic lately after watching all those old home videos. We moved to TN from CA when we were 10 and not quite 9 years old. Paula started searching the internet for people we used to know, and we found some cool stuff! We found the webpage of a girl in my grade who used to live in the house behind us. It's been about 4 years since I've heard from her. We've known each other since we were babies. I emailed her, but she hasn't written back. We also found my sister's best friend from elementary school! Paula talked to her online last night for the first time in about 7 years. We've known her since toddler days as well. We didn't have much success locating anyone else. We found a handful of my former classmates from Roosevelt Elementary through classmates.com, but since niether of us wanted to pay, we can't get their email addresses. drat it!

Isn't it great to rediscover old friends? My best friend from elementary school decided to track me down one day and I'm so glad she did. We still exchange emails and Christmas cards thanks to her persistance. :)

Funny you should say this Angie...

Just this morning, I got an email from my best friend in high school. We email occasionally, but it was nice to actually here a in depth letter from her...

But she forwarded me an email. It was a guy from a high school class we had together, asking to see how I am, and also to ask about my sister... this guy is just somebody I sat next to in my Marketing class in 1988!

It was neat to hear from him, but it was a total surprise!

I've developed a fairly steady e-mail relationship with my 8th grade boyfriend. We haven't seen each other in almost 30 years! I've seen his picture on the Internet (he has a public job)...boy, does he look older. He, however, still pictures me as that skinny little 14 year old. :teeth: (BTW, we are both happily married to other people. :) )

Isn't that so neat, Angie? I got in touch with a lot of people from high school when we started to plan a reunion 2 years ago. We met on the Classmates.com message board. Do they still offer that for free? Maybe you could post a call there. From there, one of the girls started her own simple message board for us. I just updated it to support more traffic... it's really starting to get some activity. Our reunion was a year ago, and we're still chatting away and adding new members. PM me if you'd like to see it if you want to try to get some of your friends together on one. I have to say, I also put a LOT of work into one for vet school alumni, but no one responded to the mail-out! :( I guess they we haven't spent enough time away from each other yet :)

I have had a BLAST getting back in touch with people... but even more, getting to better know people that i never really hung out with much. It's so weird to know what people thought of you back then... I've formed several friendships with people, where we found out that both of us wanted to get to know the other back then but didn't for some reason or another.

I hope you get in touch with all those old friends... they're the best!

That is so cool. There are a lot of friends that I have lost over the years, and I would love to be able to get in touch with them again. :)

Hey, I graduated from Roosevelt Elementary a very long time ago, but that one was in Phoenix, not CA.

I would love to find some of my old friends, what fun :)

The server cannot be found...grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Now I have to type this over again. :mad:

Through Classmates.com I found 2 people I was in Jr. college with. One I've lost track of since she doesn't have that e-mail account anymore. But I do have her address. The other I e-mail with all the time.

One night when I was bored and sleepless I just typed in "member profile" on AOL and started entering names of high school classmates. I found a guy from my class who was in Germany at the time...neat! We still e-mail. It's been a few years now. And he was the first guy I ever danced with when I was in 7th or 8th grade. :teeth: :sunny:

I think I may try that. There are several people I would love to know what happened to.

Hi Angie, It's so funny you posted this. I was looking for some of my H.S. friends on Classmates & decided to enter an old boyfriends name (went to a different school!). Well, I found him! We stayed friends for a long time & lost touch for about 7 years. Back in 1990 I managed to get in touch with him again & we stayed in contact for about 3 years, & lost touch again. When I found him on classmates I immediately joined & e-mailed him. We had both been wondering how the other was doing & we talk on the phone 2-3 times a week. We are both married with kids, & have really missed each others company. We have vowed this time to keep in touch & I'm sure we will! I also e-mail other classmates I found thru Classmates & some have responded & others haven't read their e-mails yet! It was well worth the money it cost to join! If your single you might even find a long lost love, some people have gotten back together after re-connecting on Classmates! Oh, do I sound like a commercial for them? Sorry to go on so long, but I really think it's great! Kathy :)

Hehe...we gave in and paid for membership. We decided it'd be worth it because we could split the cost since we both want to use it and we both attended the same schools. This is going to be really cool! hehehehe. I haven't heard from most of my elementary school classmates in 10 years!

Well, Angie - just consider it an "entertainment" expense! It sounds like it might be worth it!

DH & I checked into a motel at the end of May on the coast near-by, and the guy working in the office is someone we knew when we were dating. He and his wife were married a few months before us. We lost touch with them becasue they moved around a lot. It was cool re-establishing with them!

I am fortunate in that my high school has their own alumni web site. I have still seen some of my classmates on classmates.com, but the school site is free. Yay! I found my best friend on there one day, and I have seen several other people too. A couple of my classmates have e-mailed me from that site.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!