Redo Voodoo - Instead of June 2020, planning for June 2021

We're hoping to come. I mean, we're booked and all. It'll be 8 of us in total for my parents' 50th anniversary.

My husband and I lost our 20th anniversary (non-Disney) trip this year and we're obviously not making that up next year, either - I think 50 takes precedence!

Me! We were supposed to be there now (June 20-26) for Dance the World at CBR, followed by a 2-night stay at YC. So bummed we didn’t get the chance to see DD dance down Main Street. :guilty:

BUT we are officially on again for June/July 2021. Dance the World at POR late June (right now nights June 27- July 2) with my daughter’s Pom team, followed by ??? for nights July 3-4 (thinking Poly but it’s $$$ for 2 nights - totally want something for fireworks).

pixiedust:
Did you have POR booked ahead of time? Because now both Port Orleans resorts have no scheduled opening dates and are not bookable for 2021.

Hi everyone! I'm sorry everyone was displaced from their June 2020 trips :sad1: Our summer trip this year was going to be to Northern and Central California in July, but that's off. We had been planning for our third New Year's trip to WDW but hadn't booked anything yet, and then all heck broke loose and ticket sales went away, etc. I normally have an AP and make a few trips each year. My last visit was in September, and my AP expired in March, which I didn't renew because of the park closures.

Anyway, all that to say, we are officially booked for June 8 - 15 2021 at the Polynesian and I cannot even express how happy I am to have *something* to look forward to again!! I don't even care if we have to wear hazmat suits and can only stand in one taped off circle for ten minutes on Main Street.

Our plan is to keep our Poly reservation, but as other resorts, and hopefully discounts, are released over the next year, we're not opposed to switching if something irresistible opens up. But we love the Polynesian and I think it'll be the perfect location to celebrate the return to our happy place.

Good luck to everyone who is working on rescheduling and replanning. I know how disappointing everything has been, and I'm sorry for the ups and downs you must have experienced as Disney changed things (and changed things, then changed them again!)

Last edited:
Did you have POR booked ahead of time? Because now both Port Orleans resorts have no scheduled opening dates and are not bookable for 2021.

No, it's booked through the agency that handles Dance the World events and they have a 40+ year relationship with Disney. It's currently listed on the invoice for 2021 as the resort we'll be at. Here's what I am thinking is happening, but it's just a hunch:

Disney may also be setting up POR as a resort for large/organized groups/events IF they can be reopened next June/July. It's a way to keep capacity down for the general public by limiting resort availability right now. If things start to slowly go back to normal then they can open things back up at those resorts, but won't have to worry about filling them with the teams/squads already having rooms reserved. It's kind of what they are doing with the NBA and MLS teams right now too.

If POR is 100% not available in 2021 they will have us at another moderate resort - they build that caveat in when they have us sign up for the event. This year we were supposed to be at CBR when we signed up, and that eventually was confirmed by the agency in like April... then cancelled for 2020. If things get worse at WDW next summer (like no parades yet, or park closures, etc.), then these events would likely be cancelled again or postponed for another date/time - resort stays closed to general public.

Last edited:

Is this the official June 2021 thread now? If so, just booked! My June 2020 was rescheduled for July/August 2020, and then Nov 2020. Not sure we'll end up on that trip, so I'm planning a long trip for June 2021!

June 9-19 at CBR (never stayed there), and planning to visit beach, Sea World, and maybe some other local attractions while we are there. We normally just do Disney for 5-6 days straight, so I'm excited to do something new!

Hi Everyone! Sorry it took me so long to update the thread with everyone's plans. I was visiting family and got back this week. It is nice that we all have something to look forward to during this time. I am going to try to update the list more frequently and put the list in order of dates. That way you can see who here will be going the same time as you.

Me! We were supposed to be there now (June 20-26) for Dance the World at CBR, followed by a 2-night stay at YC. So bummed we didn’t get the chance to see DD dance down Main Street. :guilty:

BUT we are officially on again for June/July 2021. Dance the World at POR late June (right now nights June 27- July 2) with my daughter’s Pom team, followed by ??? for nights July 3-4 (thinking Poly but it’s $$$ for 2 nights - totally want something for fireworks).

pixiedust:

I am sorry you missed the chance to see your DD dancing down Main Street. But it is nice to hear that you already have plans to see her in 2021. :dancer:
Hi everyone! I'm sorry everyone was displaced from their June 2020 trips :sad1: Our summer trip this year was going to be to Northern and Central California in July, but that's off. We had been planning for our third New Year's trip to WDW but hadn't booked anything yet, and then all heck broke loose and ticket sales went away, etc. I normally have an AP and make a few trips each year. My last visit was in September, and my AP expired in March, which I didn't renew because of the park closures.

Anyway, all that to say, we are officially booked for June 8 - 15 2021 at the Polynesian and I cannot even express how happy I am to have *something* to look forward to again!! I don't even care if we have to wear hazmat suits and can only stand in one taped off circle for ten minutes on Main Street.

Our plan is to keep our Poly reservation, but as other resorts, and hopefully discounts, are released over the next year, we're not opposed to switching if something irresistible opens up. But we love the Polynesian and I think it'll be the perfect location to celebrate the return to our happy place.

Good luck to everyone who is working on rescheduling and replanning. I know how disappointing everything has been, and I'm sorry for the ups and downs you must have experienced as Disney changed things (and changed things, then changed them again!)
I agree with you, things have definitely been hectic trying to plan a trip through all this and the various changes. I would love to stay at the Poly someday!

Is this the official June 2021 thread now? If so, just booked! My June 2020 was rescheduled for July/August 2020, and then Nov 2020. Not sure we'll end up on that trip, so I'm planning a long trip for June 2021!

June 9-19 at CBR (never stayed there), and planning to visit beach, Sea World, and maybe some other local attractions while we are there. We normally just do Disney for 5-6 days straight, so I'm excited to do something new!

:flower1: Ten days should give you plenty of time to enjoy Disney and do some of the other things too. I stayed at CBR about fifteen years ago. I really loved the theme of it. I know it has changed some since I was there but I expect the tropical vibe is still the same. Perfect for a summer vacation!

We're hoping to come. I mean, we're booked and all. It'll be 8 of us in total for my parents' 50th anniversary.

My husband and I lost our 20th anniversary (non-Disney) trip this year and we're obviously not making that up next year, either - I think 50 takes precedence!

Congratulations on your 20th wedding anniversary! :bride:
So, do you know what days you will be at WDW next year? If so, let me know and I will add them to the list. I have your name on the list but no details.

Just cancelled our June 2020 trip, hoping for June 2021. As a family we went to WDW in summer 2018, then Disneyland summer of 2019. My sister is moving to Florida this summer, so I am pretty sure we will go out to visit her and makeup this missed trip.
CarrieW - any idea when you think you will go to WDW and where you might stay while there? I will put your name on the list and add the details later when you know.
Amy do you have plans for a trip next summer? If so, I can add you to the list.

Amy do you have plans for a trip next summer? If so, I can add you to the list.
We are still undecided about next year. Most likely we are going to go ahead and book and then if things are still too bad we will cancel. I do think though at this point we may end up booking for July 2021 since we will now most likely be driving from PA instead of flying so we may need to tack on extra days and will have more time to do that in July. I will let you know though if we do end up booking in June. Thanks!

Hi everyone, we had rented DVC points for the Poly for June 20-27,2020. Our rental company allowed us 24 months to re-book so waiting on the 11- month mark and hoping to get our 3 rooms again for next June 19-26,2021.

Hello everyone. I am so excited to finally be planning another Disney vacation! My mother and I have been tentatively been planning a big family vacation for the 50th anniversary year since 2018. We were there for the 25th anniversary celebration (big cake castle) and thought it would be a great to be there for the next big one. We will have three generations of family members (15 of us) with 8 girls ranging from 11-16. It is definitely a different way to plan when you have so many people to think about. Not to mention having to change what we had already planned due to restrictions in place because of COVID. Three of my sister's kids have never been before, so we are trying to make the best out of the restrictions all while hoping more of them will be lifted by the time we get there. As of right now, we are booked from June 4, 2020- June 11, 2020 at the Caribbean Beach, but we might move to the POR if it opens back up for reservations.

Hi everyone, we had rented DVC points for the Poly for June 20-27,2020. Our rental company allowed us 24 months to re-book so waiting on the 11- month mark and hoping to get our 3 rooms again for next June 19-26,2021.

Welcome! :butterflyI added you to the list. Just let me know if your dates change due to availability. My mother and I always thought the Poly would be a dream :cloud9:resort to stay at. Enjoy!

Hello everyone. I am so excited to finally be planning another Disney vacation! My mother and I have been tentatively been planning a big family vacation for the 50th anniversary year since 2018. We were there for the 25th anniversary celebration (big cake castle) and thought it would be a great to be there for the next big one. We will have three generations of family members (15 of us) with 8 girls ranging from 11-16. It is definitely a different way to plan when you have so many people to think about. Not to mention having to change what we had already planned due to restrictions in place because of COVID. Three of my sister's kids have never been before, so we are trying to make the best out of the restrictions all while hoping more of them will be lifted by the time we get there. As of right now, we are booked from June 4, 2020- June 11, 2020 at the Caribbean Beach, but we might move to the POR if it opens back up for reservations.
Hi! :dogdance:Welcome to our group! I have always thought it would be fun to go to WDW with extended family, but I know it must be a nighmare to plan for such a large group. I think it should be super fun with the 8 girls you have going all preteens or teens. :dance3: You put the dates down as 2020, but I assume you mean 2021.

Last edited:
Yes, I did mean 2021. I must be out of it with all this heat 🥵! It is a lot harder to plan a trip with so many people mainly because each likes to plan a bit differently. My parents love to park hop with no real plans (except the Fastpasss+ choices) and have down time while at the Rose and Crown in EPCOT, while I am more of a planner that likes to have most of the day planned out and prefers to have more time in each park to fully enjoy what it has to offer. My sister hasn't been since high school, so she hasn't been since the days of running to grab a fastpass and no need for restaurant reservations months in advance. I do have a feeling that we will be splitting up from time to time so that everyone will be able to do a bit of what they enjoy the most. We do plan on having a couple of meals together as a group. We are looking at Raglan Road and Rainforest Cafe @ Animal Kingdom for sure. My oldest was going to be going down next year with her school band, but I am not sure if they will still be able to go. I had thought about being a chaperone to see what having a group of teens would be like, but I may have to go into this blind. At least I have them working on giving me lists of what they do not want to miss. Whatever happens, I know that I will just be happy to be back at Disney!

Hello everyone! We had a June 2020 trip and a August 2020 trip which were both cancelled. We have other trips booked and one is in June 2021. We have a split stay at Copper Creek (June 21-24) and Beach Club (June 24-June 27).

Ok I'm back again! DVC rentals opened up and so I got my rooms at the Poly at the 11-month mark.
3 rooms at Polynesian- my family, my parents and my brother's family
Confirmed for June 19-26! So excited.

Ok I'm back again! DVC rentals opened up and so I got my rooms at the Poly at the 11-month mark.
3 rooms at Polynesian- my family, my parents and my brother's family
Confirmed for June 19-26! So excited.

Ohhh... I hope they open up the Villas to non-DVC soon, and I hope there is availability for our additional dates. That's usually the 7-month mark for non-DVC though, right? Polynesian standard rooms are currently over $700/night after tax for the dates we are looking at, which is insane. We only need 2 nights too. o_O

Hello all. I'm Sandy. I am popping over from the October 2021 post. Originally my sisters and I were planning a girls trip for October 2021 but we are thinking of moving it to June 2021 if it works for my middle sister (she has a son graduating in May so we need to make sure it works for her).

Those possibly going are: Me, my daughter Becca and my DIL Vic. I doubt DIL will go because her little one (Vivianne) will just be a little over a year and DIL wouldn't wanna go with out her hubby (my son). My oldest Sister and her youngest daughter. Her oldest daughter and DIL may also come but right now, probably not. My middle sister and her two daughters. However her youngest just had a baby two days ago so I'm not sure if her and the baby will come along or not because Kalanni will be 10 months old at the time of the trip. So this trip will be for 5-10 people.

My last trip was a year ago. Actually my facebook memory from today was a picture of the wilderness Lodge. That was a delayed anniversary trip for my husband and my 25th anniversary.

Tomorrow I am going to look around at resort choices, etc and possible go ahead and reserve something since I have plenty of time to change it or cancel if need be.

Well after popping over our dates have changed once again...LOL Now we are going in March so I guess I;ll be leaving this post. But hey, at least its a sooner trip rather than a later one.

Hi everyone. I am Laura and when my husband asked what I want to do for my 50th birthday in June, I said I wanted to take a trip. He asked if I wanted to go to WDW. 🙋🏽 No need to ask me twice, but I asked if he was serious.

We’ve only been once for our middle daughter’s Wish Trip in 2016. On that trip we talked about wanting to make a trip with just the two of us. so, now we are doing it!

I have not booked yet, but will soon. We’re looking at June 4-11. This will cover our 28th anniversary and my 50th birthday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter