refillable drink option after coronavirus

disisit

Earning My Ears
I have always thought that refillable mugs are not eco friendly and are not sanitary. I think a refillable beverage option could be linked to your magic band . All you would do is scan your magic band and be given a brand new disposable cup . This would be better for the environment and certainly more sanitary. Does anyone have any thoughts on this subject?

My thought would be there would be a drink washing station with a chip and that would have to show that you washed your cup before filling up with anything else.

I think it's even easier if they just kill off the reusable cup completely. People may not like it but from a sanitary point of view it's better, won't shock me if they ditch self-serve at least for a while.

I think it's even easier if they just kill off the reusable cup completely. People may not like it but from a sanitary point of view it's better, won't shock me if they ditch self-serve at least for a while.

This is a good idea. I expect anything self-serve (soda machines, ice cream machines and buffets) will be gone for awhile.

I'm not a refillable mug user, so maybe I don't understand how it works. How is it more eco friendly to throw away multiple cups vs reusing the same cup?
I was thinking the same thing.

I am kind of surprised that refillable mugs are still so popular considering how many grocery/amazon now delivery services there are now.
why would anyone spend $20 on a cup per person that cant be refilled at the parks when they can spend $20 on a couple cases of soda and a case of water that can easily be brought to the parks and discarded.

They could still charge you 20 dollars and switch to recyclable one time use cups that alloted you an X number of drinks per vacation. This could be reduced discount price on each drink.

I'm not a refillable mug user, so maybe I don't understand how it works. How is it more eco friendly to throw away multiple cups vs reusing the same cup?
the reusable cups are not recyclable and most families buy new ones for every trip . That's a lot of cups that will never biodegrade ever. I was thinking of a paper cup with a wax coating that can be thrown away and will biodegrade over time

We use our reusable cups all the time. I fill mine up and use it on longer journeys back home in my car. I fill it with tea to take out into the garden while I'm working out there. I take them on picnics so that we aren't using plastic bottles. Yes, we've had quite a few over the years but we get a couple of years use out of each one until the handle breaks. This is quite normal in the UK, where throwaway plastic bottles are quite frowned upon. The paper cups with wax coatings aren't always recyclable. Coffee shops over here give you discounts for bringing your own reusable cup.

I would like it because i dont have to carry the cup with me...

Oh man, I would be incredibly sad if the refillable mugs go away. I always take it as a personal challenge to get as much value out of mine as I can :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!