>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

So....If I purchase one of the refillable mugs at my resort, it is good at all the QS locations in the parks? (Can't do the dining plan because we are on a group rate with my son's school)

So....If I purchase one of the refillable mugs at my resort, it is good at all the QS locations in the parks? (Can't do the dining plan because we are on a group rate with my son's school)

No. It's only good for refills at any WDW resort.

So with the new price for the rapid refill mugs, can you still bring an old rapid refill mug and just pay the nee price? Or do you have to purchase a new mug each time?

Also, if those previous old rapid refill mugs were dishwashed, doe the RFID chip get damaged?

So with the new price for the rapid refill mugs, can you still bring an old rapid refill mug and just pay the nee price? Or do you have to purchase a new mug each time?

Also, if those previous old rapid refill mugs were dishwashed, doe the RFID chip get damaged?

Yes, you can still bring an RFID mug from a previous trip. If you pay the $16.99 they will activate it.

The RFID chip will survive the dishwasher, but not the microwave.

Last edited:

I was reading another thread were someone reported the refillable mug price has gone up to $16.99 plus tax.

Josh's recent Pop Century post (and photo below) on easywdw confirms:
yersd12.jpg

I'm trying to decide whether to get a mug on my upcoming trip. We will be there 5 days, so it might be worth it. However, I am going to ask probably the stupidest question ever on this board in order to make my decision. If you get a disposable cup for your meal, do they charge you for hot water? I love Starbucks Via packets for on the go coffee. If they don't charge for hot water, I may forego the mug. I know my daughter will probably want at least one for a souvenir.

Is the 16.99 for the entire length of stay? Or do you have to pay again if your stay is longer. We are staying 9 days.

I'm having a brain freeze right now, if I buy a refillable mug and I'm not on any dining plan,
how long do I have to get the refills? Usually, I do the dining plan, but, my next trip my
grandson doesn't eat diddly so we will share a counter service, but, I like to have something
to drink before bed and an extra cup of coffee in the morning. Thank you for your help...
never mind, I just found my answer, I just needed to read more..

OK I am staying at ASM for 3 days then to Swan for 3 days then back to POP for 8 days. If I get a mug at ASM will I still be able to use it without paying again at POP? So I am basically staying in Disney resorts except in the middle for a 3 day conference at the Swan.

I'm having a brain freeze right now, if I buy a refillable mug and I'm not on any dining plan,
how long do I have to get the refills? Usually, I do the dining plan, but, my next trip my
grandson doesn't eat diddly so we will share a counter service, but, I like to have something
to drink before bed and an extra cup of coffee in the morning. Thank you for your help...
never mind, I just found my answer, I just needed to read more..

Mugs by default are 14 days. But if your trip is longer than that, keep your receipt and they will reactivate it for another 14 days once the first ones expire.

On the soda machines you have to wait two minutes (or thereabouts) between fills so you can't gulp it down and get another refill straight away.

Huh, so they charge the same amount to activate a previously purchased mug?!?! You'd think to be environmentally conscious they would give you some kind of discount to encourage you to use old mugs and not get new plastic mugs. Why travel with an old mug if re-activating it costs the same to buy a new one?

Huh, so they charge the same amount to activate a previously purchased mug?!?! You'd think to be environmentally conscious they would give you some kind of discount to encourage you to use old mugs and not get new plastic mugs.

Mainly because most people will have put the mug in the microwave at home at some point rendering the RFID Chip inoperable. While sitting at the food court one morning I counted 8 people within about 30 minutes try to reactivate an old RFID Mug and could not because the RFID Chip was shot.

Why travel with an old mug if re-activating it costs the same to buy a new one?

I can only answer for us, we have about 20 mugs from previous trips and don't want/need any more.

We're doing the Delux DP when we come in November so we will get our mugs then but I was wondering about how it works since we're staying at the cabins at FW. We have had 2 previous experiences with the mugs, both while we were staying at AoA so I guess thats why I'm confused about how it will work at the cabins. I'm used to the food court area that makes it so easy to use the mugs and I know that is not the case at FW. Is there are place that makes the mugs worth having while we're staying there? I know we will get them anyway and if nothing else I'll bring them home for coffee but just wondered about their use while we are there. Thanks!

Hi all; have the mugs changed at all in design since May of 2015

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts