>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Every December we come for 15-17 nights and stay on site and as yet the refillable mugs have always expired after 14 days. It's a shame no one in Disney tells us you can extend it if you keep the receipt. On December 11th I will be asking if this is definitely true at the Beach Club resort reception. 9 weeks and counting................

Last edited:
Every December we come for 15-17 nights and stay on site and as yet the refillable mugs have always expired after 14 days. It's a shame no one in Disney tells us you can extend it if you keep the receipt. On December 11th I will be asking if this is definitely true at the Beach Club resort reception. 9 weeks and counting................

Given the sign says length of stay then I would complain if it expires after 14 days anyway.

Given the sign says length of stay then I would complain if it expires after 14 days anyway.

It will expire after 14 days. If you stay longer than that you need to bring your mug and your reservation number to the food court (or where that resort sells the mugs) and they will reactivate the mug for the remainder of the stay. The RFID Mug system is not tied to the reservations system. They needed a length of time to set the Mugs to expire on. Their numbers showed that the vast majority of stays are less than 14 days so that's what they decided on. They figured they would just deal with the small percentage of those that stay longer and reactivate their Mugs.

It will expire after 14 days. If you stay longer than that you need to bring your mug and your reservation number to the food court (or where that resort sells the mugs) and they will reactivate the mug for the remainder of the stay. The RFID Mug system is not tied to the reservations system. They needed a length of time to set the Mugs to expire on. Their numbers showed that the vast majority of stays are less than 14 days so that's what they decided on. They figured they would just deal with the small percentage of those that stay longer and reactivate their Mugs.

We know this, but the previous poster's complaint was that Disney didn't tell him it could be re-actvated. My point is if the sign says length of stay you shouldn't need to be told anything further, just ask/complain.

My family stays at Disney resorts, our plan the days after check-in:
Day 1 "Full day WDW park"
Day 2 "Rest / explore"
Day 3 "Full day WDW park"
Day 4 "Rest / explore"
etc.
Can refillable mugs purchased at your resort be used at other Disney resorts?
If yes, where is are the stations at Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht/Swan/Dolphin (our rest/explore day)?

We're staying at WL.....

Day 2 "Rest / explore"
Day 4 "Rest / explore"
etc.
If yes, where is are the stations at Boardwalk/Beach/Yacht/Swan/Dolphin (our rest/explore day)?

We're staying at WL.....

The mugs can be used at any WDW resort so that excludes the Swan and Dolphin.

We're staying at WL.....

It will work at any WDW O/O resort.

Boardwalk is an odd ball as their QS locations were all on the boardwalk (and none used to really have interiors). I believe the drink station is at the bakery, but you used to be able to walk up to any of their counter service locations and show them your mug and they would give you a cup full of soda. I'm not sure if they still do this policy after they switched to RapidFill, I've just stopped at the bakery. Beach Club should have one in the Marketplace, as well as on at Hurricane Hannah's, and I don't think there is a mug location in the Yacht club.

Is coffee still not using the regular refill station like the soda

Day 2 "Rest / explore"
Day 4 "Rest / explore"
etc.

We're staying at WL.....

You may purchase your refillable mug at any WDW resort and they may be used at any or all WDW resorts. Swan & Dolphin are not actual Disney resorts so you may not use your mugs there. They apparently do offer their own refillable mug which can be used at Swan & Dolphin.

Can you use the refillable mugs inside the parks?
Thanks for the help!

From post #1 of this Thread.

Can I get drink refills in the theme parks or water parks?
No, the mugs only work at resorts. You can take your mug into the parks with you, of course, and pour any drinks you purchase there into the mug. Don’t hand the mug to a CM and ask them to fill it, though - they’re not allowed to fill your mug for sanitary reasons. They’ll serve your drink in a cup.

From post #1 of this Thread.

Can I get drink refills in the theme parks or water parks?
No, the mugs only work at resorts. You can take your mug into the parks with you, of course, and pour any drinks you purchase there into the mug. Don’t hand the mug to a CM and ask them to fill it, though - they’re not allowed to fill your mug for sanitary reasons. They’ll serve your drink in a cup.
Thanks so much!

Are these mugs safe to poor hot coffee in them?

Yes, they are! They are insulated/double walled and can also be microwaved (I'm 99% sure on that). They are not dishwasher safe, however...only because water will get trapped between the layers over time.

Yes, they are! They are insulated/double walled and can also be microwaved (I'm 99% sure on that). They are not dishwasher safe, however...only because water will get trapped between the layers over time.

The mugs themselves are microwave safe, just be aware that if you do put it in the microwave it will destroy the RFID chip in the mug and it will not work the dispensers any longer.

Thank you for the info.
k

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!