>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Question about thes mugs ( I've never purchased one).

Since they are only good at resorts, do most folks just put them back in their rooms before heading out to a park?

So... leave room and head to breakfast... then back to the room to drop off the mugs?

Since they are only good at resorts, do most folks just put them back in their rooms before heading out to a park?

So... leave room and head to breakfast... then back to the room to drop off the mugs?
Well, I filled mine up on my way out to the park, then, when it was empty, I just popped it in a plastic bag in my back pack. That way I could fill it up on my way back from the park too

Well, I filled mine up on my way out to the park, then, when it was empty, I just popped it in a plastic bag in my back pack. That way I could fill it up on my way back from the park too

I personally carry my mug in my bag. Sometimes I get a drink before I go on the bus and finish it by the time I am at the park or while I am in the park. I hop from parks to resorts or walk past BW or YC/BC and will fill up from HS to Epcot. I also like having it so I can get a drink when I get dropped back off at my resort. It is easier for me to fill my mug, then walk to my room rather than walk to my room, get the mug, fill it, and walk back to my room. I purchase my mugs (rather than "free" with the dining plan) so it really pains me to purchase a fountain drink.

We usually eat breakfast in the room, so one of us just takes the carrier of mugs down to the refill station in the morning and brings them back to drink there. If our room is a bit of a hike from the refill station, we have stored the mugs in a locker by the pool so they were easy to retrieve when we got back to the resort and we could fill them up before heading back to the room. We always request a room close to transportation which also puts us close to the food court. We don't carry any bags (other than a small cross-body bag that basically is the same size as my phone) and our kids are way past the stroller age, so taking the mugs to the parks with us isn't an option for our family. I do see a lot of people in the parks with their mugs clipped to their belt loop or hanging from a backpack.

Well, we have done this several ways but we never take them to the park with us. We travel lite at the park so we would not have anywhere for two mugs. We tend to stay late at the park and sometimes we wouldn't make it back before the food court closes. If we eat breakfast, we always just get a free cup of water with breakfast, or if on dining plan just get a bottled beverage with the meal. So we do either of these normally with the mugs:

We wake up, hubby takes mugs down to the food court while I shower and gets us drinks. We drink them in the room while getting ready. We either put the mugs with drinks still in them in the fridge or one of us goes back to fill them back up so we will have cold drinks in the fridge when we get back to the room late.

If we are going to get back before the food court closes, we wake up, hubby takes mugs down to the food court while I shower and gets us drinks. We drink them in the room while getting ready. When we get back to the room later we bring the mugs to the food court and fill them up.

We usually eat breakfast in the room, so one of us just takes the carrier of mugs down to the refill station in the morning and brings them back to drink there. If our room is a bit of a hike from the refill station, we have stored the mugs in a locker by the pool so they were easy to retrieve when we got back to the resort and we could fill them up before heading back to the room. We always request a room close to transportation which also puts us close to the food court. We don't carry any bags (other than a small cross-body bag that basically is the same size as my phone) and our kids are way past the stroller age, so taking the mugs to the parks with us isn't an option for our family. I do see a lot of people in the parks with their mugs clipped to their belt loop or hanging from a backpack.
How much are the lockers by the pool? I never thought of this

How much are the lockers by the pool? I never thought of this

I don't remember for sure but I think they were around $1 or $1.50. It's been several years since we've done this so the price might be higher now. Also, I'm not sure if the locker room gets locked at a certain point at night -- actually, now that the pools are fenced in I think these rooms might be inside the pool fence. I'm not sure how late the gate will open with a Magic Band. So, I guess what I'm saying is if you decide to use the lockers for storage, you should make sure to find out what time you need to get the mugs out of there before they're inaccessible or potentially thrown out (if they empty the lockers every night). The years we used the lockers, our kids were young and we were back at the resort by 8 or 9:00 every night and the pool was still open at that time.

We drive to the parks so often we would just leave them in the car. On a day when we didn't drive we put them in a reusable shopping bag and put them in a locker at the park. This way we had them handy when we got back to the resort for a refill.

I am the designated breakfast getter and mug filler in the morning. I'm up, showered and out early. This way my son and I eat while my wife is showering and she can eat while our son is. So ours pretty much stay in our room.

Last edited:
How is the coffee that is available for these mugs? Are cream, sugar or other goodies available as well for the coffee?

How is the coffee that is available for these mugs? Are cream, sugar or other goodies available as well for the coffee?
Yes, they have cream and sugar. Other goodies? Like what? I know they had blue packets, I'm pretty sure there were also pink ones, and maybe yellow ones.

I don't drink coffee, so I don't know how it is. But they also have tea bags.

It's been a while but they must have had milk and sweetener (as well as cream and sugar) Since DH drinks gallons of tea, and would not put cream in tea, and prefers sweeteners to sugar, and he never complained.

It's Joffreys coffee, which is a Florida roaster. I like it.

They have some sort of Half and half-ish type of thing; still not sure if it's cream or creamER, but it's decent. And yes there's sugar and all the artificial things. Maybe not stevia.

I was there on Tuesday, June 27th and it was still white handled mugs with color (red, blue, purple, neon pink) lids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter