>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

So that's just my only worry. Folks said they "seem" to last 14 days. Our first resort stay is 4 days then we check out and stay somewhere else for 4 days.
People should say, 14 days or length of stay. Because if you are staying at a Disney resort for more than 14 days, they will extend your mug for your entire stay.

So that's just my only worry. Folks said they "seem" to last 14 days. Our first resort stay is 4 days then we check out and stay somewhere else for 4 days.
I've seen this too. I've seen people say that theirs appears to only work a few days, whereas someone else in their trip will have theirs work for 21 or more days, the basic thing is that it is good for the length of your stay, and if it doesn't work during the time, you can go to a cashier and get it reactivated, or if you stay beyond the 14 days, again a cashier can reactivate it.

Fortunately for me last Aug I got one of the only handle mugs left. They're were maybe 7 left in the shelf. Sitting at the pool I can't tell you how many people asked me where I got the handle mug!! So I never had to buy white handle. I'm hoping by Nov the new design is out and back to colour coded handles!! If not maybe I'll try to bring old mug back and see if they can activate chip.

Fortunately for me last Aug I got one of the only handle mugs left. They're were maybe 7 left in the shelf. Sitting at the pool I can't tell you how many people asked me where I got the handle mug!! So I never had to buy white handle. I'm hoping by Nov the new design is out and back to colour coded handles!! If not maybe I'll try to bring old mug back and see if they can activate chip.

Is there supposed to be a new mug design?! I'd love a new one to add to the collection, lol.

I just have to say though, DH and I went in May of 2016 and did not see any handle less mugs ... and we would have loved to get them ... they fit better on our car cup holders.

We went last week of January and bought the handled mugs and could choose the color of the handle/lid

We bought the green and blue mugs

Maybe a week later when we were back home, the white handle was on
The shelfs ar sports as many were reporting of that change

I know have in my collection lid/handles that match the cup
Have pink, blue, green ,purple , orange mugs

Is there supposed to be a new mug design?! I'd love a new one to add to the collection, lol.

I just have to say though, DH and I went in May of 2016 and did not see any handle less mugs ... and we would have loved to get them ... they fit better on our car cup holders.
The handleless mugs came out in August 2016. Yes there will be a new design, they usually change every 2 yrs. I can't remember how long current design has been out for.

The handleless mugs came out in August 2016. Yes there will be a new design, they usually change every 2 yrs. I can't remember how long current design has been out for.
The current design was available starting October 2015! Handles were removed August 2016 and brought back for the fall/winter... in white! I am hopeful I get a new one this October :)

The current design was available starting October 2015! Handles were removed August 2016 and brought back for the fall/winter... in white! I am hopeful I get a new one this October :)
Me too, for November! Happy I got one of the last handles in Aug 2016. I had to root thru all the non handles to find them!

Me too, for November! Happy I got one of the last handles in Aug 2016. I had to root thru all the non handles to find them!
Nice! I have ONE mug with no handle in my collection. Maybe I should just toss it lol

Thanks for the info! I never kept up with how often they changed out, we just seemed to get different designs or styles each time, lol. Had to put off our September trip, so hoping for a new mug in February.

Nice! I have ONE mug with no handle in my collection. Maybe I should just toss it lol

Nooooooo! I'll take it, lol. DH and I would have loved to get handle-less mugs just because they fit in our car cup holders better. I know lots of people don't like the handle-less ones, but they do have their uses.

Nooooooo! I'll take it, lol. DH and I would have loved to get handle-less mugs just because they fit in our car cup holders better. I know lots of people don't like the handle-less ones, but they do have their uses.

Haha I will admit it fit in my bag easier. I only had to worry about mine during that trip so carrying it was not an issue. It shall remain in the collection of mugs! :laughing:

Hoping for colour coordinated handles during our December trip! (ideally in 4 colours so we can each have a different one!)

Can I chip my Tervis tumbler?

I'm betting it's possible. Should be able to tear down an active mug and move the chip. I'm guessing it's glued-in though, so might be hard to do without damaging the chip. Might have to take a chunk of plastic with it.

Even some paper cups have chips, so that would be an easy test.

Sorry I'm a little confused.... Friend told me that the refillable resort mugs were only able to be refilled (for free) in the resort you purchased them in, not every resort... in following this thread, it appears that is incorrect?

So if we have a split stay (two reservations), 1 night in Pop, and 7 in Poly... if we buy a refillable mug in Pop, we can bring to Poly with us and use there the rest of the trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter