>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

They can be used at any WDW resort.

I should have paid better attention to the first thread.

How's the coffee? Is it hard to find?

How much would a single soda or coffee cost at the resorts if you didn't have a mug?

I should have paid better attention to the first thread.

How's the coffee? Is it hard to find?

How much would a single soda or coffee cost at the resorts if you didn't have a mug?

At food courts coffee is easy to find. Don't expect it to be at pools though. :)

Around 2.50, I believe.

Gosh, I wish they would change the design!

They only went to this exact design last Januaryish. Fwiw.

They only went to this exact design last Januaryish. Fwiw.

Well they went to the crazy white handles on the mugs January-ish. But the basic design is a lot older.

Yes, the white handles were introduced in January (or around then) but the actual picture on the mug is a few years old. I think it changed around October 2015. We were there in June 2015 and 2016 and I know it changed sometime between those 2 trips. So it's actually probably getting close to time (in the next year or so) for a design change. I'd be happy if they just went back to the colored handles. I hate the white ones...but not enough to prevent me from buying them on our next visit. But I can guarantee that if you're an overnight guest in my home and request a cup of coffee "for the road", you're getting a souvenir Disney mug with a white handle as your parting gift. :)

I'm sure Disney would love if everyone would do this. Any chance Disney knocks off a portion of the price for this since you wouldn't be getting a new mug?
They did so that at the water parks. You buy the mug on one trip and each day you bring it back you pay something like $6 for all day refills. Since the sticker is only good for one day, they are probably making a bunch of money on the water park sodas. Since you are only paying $17.95 for unlimited drinks for the length of stay, giving you a discount on bringing back your mug isn't making them any money.

They did so that at the water parks. You buy the mug on one trip and each day you bring it back you pay something like $6 for all day refills. Since the sticker is only good for one day, they are probably making a bunch of money on the water park sodas. Since you are only paying $17.95 for unlimited drinks for the length of stay, giving you a discount on bringing back your mug isn't making them any money.
Actually they would still make money, the amount of soda you can fill that cup is like 14 to 16 oz, I think. If they allowed a one time buy of 17.99 for the length of the stay and then you can bring it back and reactivate it by charging 10 you are still making money. Soda is one of the cheapest things to sell. Others will normally for go any drink besides water, that they can drink out of the tap for free or get from any QS location. But to get 10 for a cup people might use three times a day is still a good deal for Disney.

We have the same mug design from May 2015, and again in September 2017. The only difference is the handle.

The current mug design (referring to the picture on the mug, not the handle color) came out in October 2015 so you either somehow managed to get a super early preview set of mugs in May 2015 (not likely) or someone found an old case of mugs in September 2017 and put them out on the shelves to sell (but they would have had colored handles) and you managed to buy those. You should have had 2 different designs of mugs based on your travel dates. We definitely got 2 different designs on our June 2015 and June 2016 trips.

The current mug design (referring to the picture on the mug, not the handle color) came out in October 2015 so you either somehow managed to get a super early preview set of mugs in May 2015 (not likely) or someone found an old case of mugs in September 2017 and put them out on the shelves to sell (but they would have had colored handles) and you managed to buy those. You should have had 2 different designs of mugs based on your travel dates. We definitely got 2 different designs on our June 2015 and June 2016 trips.

Yep, post #106 of this thread (dated Oct 30, 2015) is the first reference to the new design and has a link to a Disney Food Blog entry from Oct 28 that talks about the new design having just been spotted.

I have read through this entire thread and don't recall seeing an answer for this but it's been a month or so ago for the biggest part & my memory isn't what it used to be so forgive me for both the run on sentence and if I'm asking a question that's already been addressed: Are the drink dispensers at the All Star resorts limited to food court operating hours (even water)? It looks like we will be leaving earlier and/or arriving later than the food court operating hours a few times during our upcoming Thanksgiving trip & just want to confirm that we may be unable to use our mugs or refill a cup or bottle with water outside of the food court operating hours? A related question: does anyone know if the food court hours are ever extended during peak periods? Thanks!

I have read through this entire thread and don't recall seeing an answer for this but it's been a month or so ago for the biggest part & my memory isn't what it used to be so forgive me for both the run on sentence and if I'm asking a question that's already been addressed: Are the drink dispensers at the All Star resorts limited to food court operating hours (even water)? It looks like we will be leaving earlier and/or arriving later than the food court operating hours a few times during our upcoming Thanksgiving trip & just want to confirm that we may be unable to use our mugs or refill a cup or bottle with water outside of the food court operating hours? A related question: does anyone know if the food court hours are ever extended during peak periods? Thanks!

The one at Sports is open 24 hours. Not sure about Movies and Music.

Does anyone know if the soda machines have carbonated water? I've never used the refillable mugs when I've stayed before because I don't really drink soda, but if they had carbonated water I'd be quite tempted.

Does anyone know if the soda machines have carbonated water? I've never used the refillable mugs when I've stayed before because I don't really drink soda, but if they had carbonated water I'd be quite tempted.
All Start Sports didn't in September, nor did Grand Floridian last November.

Can you get it at a Freestyle machine? POFQ had Freestyle machines last November.

All Start Sports didn't in September, nor did Grand Floridian last November.

Can you get it at a Freestyle machine? POFQ had Freestyle machines last November.

They do have carbonated water in the freestyle machines I've used before in Canada. I've never used one at Disney but I assume it would be the same? :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!