>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Since Pop is doing room refurbishments, whereas CBR is rehabbing their food court, I can't see why Pop would need to make accommodations like that.
Agreed, we stayed at FQ during the room renovations 5 years or so ago and there was no free coffee. Even when FQ foodcourt was under renovation in 2016 I don't think the coffee was free. Of course they weren't in a tent nor was the resort a construction zone.

Two years ago (I think) they had these same mugs without handles. Was great to put in your car cup holder but not so great if you had to carry more than one. I think there were many many complaints so Disney did the most economical thing and had white handles attached to the millions of mugs they already had in inventory.

I thought Disney didn't do the refillable mugs? One time purchase deals only.
They've had refillable mugs at the resorts since at least 1997 (if not before) when we took our first trip. And the water parks also had a refillable mug. Plus at one time you could get a one day refillable mug at AK.

I'm arriving earlier than the 3:00 check in time and wanted to spend the day at the resort. I have DDP, will they give me my mugs when I get there or will I have to wait to to my room is ready?

TIA

AF0271FD-397F-4596-BFBE-B7E4543BEC9E.jpeg I’m trying to date these mugs. They have “Bonfamille’s Cafe” on them and it closed in 2000. The PO resort opened in 1991 I read, so I put them sometime between 1991-2000. Can we get any closer than that?

Are the the first mugs this report had? Were they refillable? Any other info is appreciated, thanks!

... I’m trying to date these mugs. They have “Bonfamille’s Cafe” on them and it closed in 2000. The PO resort opened in 1991 I read, so I put them sometime between 1991-2000. Can we get any closer than that?

Are the the first mugs this report had? Were they refillable? Any other info is appreciated, thanks!
We stayed at POFQ in Aug 2000 and we bought some just like that. They were refillable mugs. The resort was just called Port Orleans with the sister resort Dixie Landings. It was some time later that they renamed them both to PO, with Riverside or French Quarter added to differentiate between the two. Bonfamille's Café was already closed when we stayed there. I'd guess they were the original refillable mug there once they started the program. Each resort had their own mug. We bought some from OKW in 1998 on our first DVC trip. But the refillable mug program there was not free; refills were $1. We also had them from our very first trip in 1997 at the Polynesian and refills were free for the trip that you bought them. None after.

We stayed at POFQ in Aug 2000 and we bought some just like that. They were refillable mugs. The resort was just called Port Orleans with the sister resort Dixie Landings. It was some time later that they renamed them both to PO, with Riverside or French Quarter added to differentiate between the two. Bonfamille's Café was already closed when we stayed there. I'd guess they were the original refillable mug there once they started the program. Each resort had their own mug. We bought some from OKW in 1998 on our first DVC trip. But the refillable mug program there was not free; refills were $1. We also had them from our very first trip in 1997 at the Polynesian and refills were free for the trip that you bought them. None after.
I decluttered and got rid of most of my mugs. I could not, however, part with my Dixie Landings mug. :goodvibes

Our last Disney trip was in April 2016 & we had the dining plan. We are going back in September... Can we pay to re-activate these cups instead of purchasing new ones?

Our last Disney trip was in April 2016 & we had the dining plan. We are going back in September... Can we pay to re-activate these cups instead of purchasing new ones?
You can pay to reactivate them, but it is the same price as getting a new mug. And the chip needs to be good, not destroyed.

Has anyone filled up their resort mugs and taken them into the parks? I'm toying withe the idea of getting a couple big carabiners and hooking the mugs on by the handle and them hooking them to the stroller. Is it worth it? Has anyone done it successfully?

Has anyone filled up their resort mugs and taken them into the parks? I'm toying withe the idea of getting a couple big carabiners and hooking the mugs on by the handle and them hooking them to the stroller. Is it worth it? Has anyone done it successfully?

Sure, I've done this in the past, where we've filled our mugs before heading to the parks. The plus would be that you can enjoy a beverage as you arrive, and then you also have the mugs with you when you return to your resort vs. having to go back to the room to get them. Or, for example, if you left the Magic Kingdom to visit one of the monorail resorts, you could use your mugs there too.

The down side is that you have to carry the mugs around, but like you the times we used to bring them was when we had a stroller so we had extra space to store them during the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter