>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Can you get an AP discount on the mugs anywhere? I feel like we got one somewhere but I don't remember for sure.

Can you get an AP discount on the mugs anywhere? I feel like we got one somewhere but I don't remember for sure.
I haven't tried in almost a year, but I was told no at Beach Club Marketplace, Contempo Cafe, and Gasparilla Island Grill. I have also read reports of some getting it to work with the original 45th promo. YMMV

FWIW, at Pop in January, the system was hard-coded to not allow it. The cashier showed me on his screen that the discount was applied, but that the amount taken off was $0.00.

Now that I am doing two nights with CL I am not going to be purchasing the DDP. But I really would like one of the mugs to be able to use some and because I really like the theme of them now, but with those ugly white handles, I am gonna pass.

My whole issue with bringing the mugs to the park is that they don't hold a lot. I would probably finish the drink prior to reaching the park and then I have to carry around the mug all day. So it's just not worth it to me.
We always stop by the QS location prior to leaving the park & heading for a bus. Either coffee & juice in either. By the time we reach the bus or are done waiting and 1 arrives, we usually just rinse it off quick, and then just attach them to the handles on our backpack...They really aren't that big a deal to carry TBH:confused3

We always stop by the QS location prior to leaving the park & heading for a bus. Either coffee & juice in either. By the time we reach the bus or are done waiting and 1 arrives, we usually just rinse it off quick, and then just attach them to the handles on our backpack...They really aren't that big a deal to carry TBH:confused3

They're not a big deal to carry around if you have a backpack/bag or stroller to clip them to. If you go to the parks without a bag or stroller, they're a bit more annoying to carry around all day.

They're not a big deal to carry around if you have a backpack/bag or stroller to clip them to. If you go to the parks without a bag or stroller, they're a bit more annoying to carry around all day.
True. I drop them in my scooter basket. But if we were just walking around, I only carry a small bag and I wouldn't want to carry the mugs.

Juice? Maybe you mean punch, lemonade or Powerade? You can't do juice or milk in a refillable mug.

I just bought a mug last night and was told no discounts allowed. Crazy thing is it is valid until 8/1!! I thought maybe the machine was wonky when I filled it last night, but I got the same message today at a different location.

I just bought a mug last night and was told no discounts allowed. Crazy thing is it is valid until 8/1!! I thought maybe the machine was wonky when I filled it last night, but I got the same message today at a different location.

We had 6 mugs the last time we were at Disney and among the 6, we had 3 different end dates even though they were all purchased at the same time at the same register in the same transaction. Some of them were good for 14 days, one or two of them were for 28 days, and one of them was good for 42 days. I have no idea why or how that happened.

$19 is expensive for these mugs but ya know what.. I don't care.. I like having one! haha :P

I had one the last time I went and the time before when I stayed on campus. I need one! It's almost just one of those things that I feel like I *need*.

At 3ish bucks a beverage, that adds up. Plus you get a souvenir from high can be used at home. Since all I use it for is coffee it’s getting harder to hit the “thats a value” level, so I don’t always buy one, though.

At 3ish bucks a beverage, that adds up. Plus you get a souvenir from high can be used at home. Since all I use it for is coffee it’s getting harder to hit the “thats a value” level, so I don’t always buy one, though.

What is the value level? Five or six drinks?

What is the value level? Five or six drinks?

A regular fountain drink is $3.29 for a 20-ounce cup, which puts the value per ounce of a fill of the 16-ounce mug at $2.63. At $18.99 per mug, you'd have to fill it 8 times over the course of your stay to get your full money's worth (not accounting for the value of the mug itself). If you're staying for four nights and do one fill in the morning before going to the parks and one at night after getting back, there's your 8 fills right there.

$19 is expensive for these mugs but ya know what.. I don't care.. I like having one! haha :P

I had one the last time I went and the time before when I stayed on campus. I need one! It's almost just one of those things that I feel like I *need*.
If you factor in the amount of times that you'll be using it, vs. purchasing a paper cup each time, then they're rather Inexpensive TBH.
Also a bring home souvenier that I'm sure will be used on occasion. At least in our household that is..:confused3:drinking1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter