>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

I wasn't planning on buying a mug, but with the halloween wrap on it, I may do so. My question is this - we are doing a split stay for the first time. If I get the mug at our first resort, will I have to have it reactivated at the second resort? Or will it be good for the total length of our stay (we are doing 2 night at CR and then three at YC).

I wasn't planning on buying a mug, but with the halloween wrap on it, I may do so. My question is this - we are doing a split stay for the first time. If I get the mug at our first resort, will I have to have it reactivated at the second resort? Or will it be good for the total length of our stay (we are doing 2 night at CR and then three at YC).
It should be good for 14 days, check your recipt and it will tell you.

For those if you who, like me, prefer to use dish soap when washing your cups but don't want to bring an extra liquid.... Bounty makes a soap infused paper towel. I cut them in quarters and throw a bunch in a Ziploc bag and use them to clean my cups and cereal bowls.

That's what I did on our trip. Those paper towels are great and now I even use them to wash out the cat's dishes, haha.

Seems like an odd, or certainly unexpected, change of direction, moving from designs that are used for year(s) to a design that is seasonal and is "good" for 2 months, 3 at the most.

This part of the Food Blog post jumps out at me:
"it is unclear at this time as to whether guests will be able to choose the current Refillable Resort Mug design instead, or if the Halloween version will be the only one available."

My total speculation: the same mugs we have now continue to be sold at the current regular price of $18.99 pus tax. But hey, you want to use a Halloween mug while you're here? You can get one of those for $20.99 plus tax (or whatever upcharge they think they can get).

If you're on the dining plan, you can use your dining plan credits for the Halloween mug, plus the whatever the extra amount is out-of-pocket.

Brilliant!
Hmmm you bring up a great point and I'm sure there will be some sort of upcharge for the special "exclusive mugs." I wonder if this will become a new trend but I cannot see them selling many F&W mugs, but having mugs corresponding to a certain season/event at the parks could be in the pipeline for Disney. Like magicbands, maybe some people will want to collect the mugs. Does Disney even offer to sell the mug separately without the drink plan? All mugs have to be activated at the registers so you'll be unable to use it but I guess it can make for a decent-cheap souvenir if you're not a huge soda drinker.

One thing to remember is that the mugs sold in the parks are not chipped. They cannot be used with the Rapid Fill system. So either they are going to chip every mug sold or they will chip select mugs to be sold at the resorts for the dining plan.

Hello I am not sure if this has been answered. I am doing a split stay. The first night is at one resort then I am switching to another resort for the remainder of the trip. I am only getting the dining plan for the first night at the beginning of the trip. When I switch resorts will I need to buy another refillable mug? I am not buying the dining plan though, so I was not sure if I needed to pay again for a mug. Thank you for any assistance.

Hello I am not sure if this has been answered. I am doing a split stay. The first night is at one resort then I am switching to another resort for the remainder of the trip. I am only getting the dining plan for the first night at the beginning of the trip. When I switch resorts will I need to buy another refillable mug? I am not buying the dining plan though, so I was not sure if I needed to pay again for a mug. Thank you for any assistance.
Your mug should be good for two weeks.

So Sorry I searched through the beginning of this report and missed the answer a few posts behind me!

One thing to remember is that the mugs sold in the parks are not chipped. They cannot be used with the Rapid Fill system. So either they are going to chip every mug sold or they will chip select mugs to be sold at the resorts for the dining plan.

I'm guessing that they will chip all of the mugs that head to Disney World since the things I've read indicate that they will only be sold in the resorts at Disney World and will be part of the refillable mug program. The mugs going to Disneyland won't have chips since they don't offer that program and they're only selling the mugs in the park there.

i can resort hop with it right? if beach club is my home but im hanging out over at pop for some reason, i can refill at pop yes?

i can resort hop with it right? if beach club is my home but im hanging out over at pop for some reason, i can refill at pop yes?
Yes, as long as you have an activated mug, you can refill it at any resort. Just not at the parks.

Yup. This why I love having the handles back because I hook it to a carabiner on my pack so if I venture over to a different resort, I’ll be able to fill my mug. Powerade being my favorite.:drinking:

Anyone has a clue as to when the Halloween mugs will be available?

(Currently at WDW, we've seen no Halloween mugs sor far.)

Do you guys take the mugs in the parks with you? Seems like it would be a hassle to carry around since they can't fill it up for you anyway. Might as well get the ice water in their cups, no?
This is what I'm wondering about most with these cups and our upcoming first-ever stay. It sounds like it can be quite a trek to your room in the resorts, so it doesn't sound worth it to take the mug back to your room after using it in the morning or needing to go get it before you can have a drink when you get back in the evening. A carabiner sounds like our better bet.

no you won't have to, I did a split stay last year and sometimes we check out other resorts food court and we didn't have a problem

This is what I'm wondering about most with these cups and our upcoming first-ever stay. It sounds like it can be quite a trek to your room in the resorts, so it doesn't sound worth it to take the mug back to your room after using it in the morning or needing to go get it before you can have a drink when you get back in the evening. A carabiner sounds like our better bet.
In the past I wasn’t a fan of taking the mug and carrying it with me. Say it’s filled with coffee or hot chocolate before you board the bus..like you said, there’s no way to fill it up in the parks unless you hop over to a resort.

My previous mindset was If I knew I’ll be stopping at a resort I’ll take it but otherwise I’ll leave it in the room. That was until I got tired of getting back to the resort at 10pm and having to go back to the room (not a short walk) to go get the mug and walk back to the food court and then back to the room. I like to have something cold before I go to bed and I love the Powerade.

Best way is to just take a small pack with you and use a carabiner and you’ll forget it’s even there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter