>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

Thank you; we are going again this autumn, so will try to remember, again thank you!
When you pick up your mug, before the cashier activates it, let them know your stay is X days long, ending on the Zth. They can extend the expiry date of the mug, though they have defined periods they can extend it by so you may get an expiry some days after the last day of your trip.

SW

Do you know where can i get the Mugs at Boardwalk Villas? Is it only in the Bakery? We are on the DP and arrive late

Does anyone know if Tervis handles will work with one of the stainless mugs? I’m guessing no. Are the lids leakproof?

Last edited:

Does anyone know if Tervis handles will work with one of the stainless mugs? I’m guessing no. Are the lids leakproof?

I would be interested in knowing this as well! I like having a handle on my mug - makes it easier for me to hold onto it.

Has anyone confirmed how many ounces the stainless mug holds?

I would be interested in knowing this as well! I like having a handle on my mug - makes it easier for me to hold onto it.

Has anyone confirmed how many ounces the stainless mug holds?

I saw a tweet a few weeks ago where someone compared the standard refillable mug, a Skyliner mug, and a standard 16 oz Yeti tumbler. Obviously, the Yeti held 16 oz. (it was shown for physical size comparison); the standard refillable mug held 14.5 oz.; and the Skyliner mug held 17 oz. They were filled as full as they could be and still be able to put the lid on.

I saw a tweet a few weeks ago where someone compared the standard refillable mug, a Skyliner mug, and a standard 16 oz Yeti tumbler. Obviously, the Yeti held 16 oz. (it was shown for physical size comparison); the standard refillable mug held 14.5 oz.; and the Skyliner mug held 17 oz. They were filled as full as they could be and still be able to put the lid on.
Just confirming the skyliner and Star Wars metal mugs are the same size, right?

I mean, it would make sense for them to be standardized, but stranger things have happened...

We like to have breakfast at the resort before hitting the parks. The refillable cups are great for getting our drinks at that time (rather than paying for them daily), but then we’re stuck either taking them with us - which is not ideal for us - or walk it all the way back to our room, when we’d rather just go get on the bus. Does anyone have a clever solution to this that I’m not thinking of?
I bring my mug with me. At lunch we freq go to nearby resort for lunch or just a break and like refilling our mugs there too. I attach my mug with a carabiner to my crossbody strap. Then it’s also handy when I return to my resort to grab a drink on the way back to our room.
Its also handy to use in the parks to transfer drinks into.

Last edited:
Really surprised that there are not more people who have posted how much they hold or have any photos of them side by side. This is all I could find and even it took to much time to find.

Here are 2 different photos from @WDWRLD on Twitter that @bluezy just mentioned.

E136C456-2DAE-4B84-B029-9DFEC199E5E3.jpeg371F7467-F3BE-49D6-B0F1-872AB51AC27E.jpeg

He had the Yeti at 16 oz, the plactic one at 14.5 oz and the new at 17oz.

Credit for photos and text go to @WDWRLD on Twitter!

Sorry if I’ve violated any DISboard rules by posting these. Let me know if I have and I’ll remove them orr let me know if I need to post these, or attribute them differently?

Last edited:
He also did some tests with them and these were his findings.

E7311676-2BC5-460E-A1D9-0648AADB670F.jpeg
“Starting temperatures with 16 cubes of ice in each and 5 minutes. Plastic Refillable 34.4, Metal Refillable 35.0 and Yeti 36.3 degrees.”

BDC1DD4B-55FF-4C95-8E92-0A59BDF6EF36.jpeg

”So the results are in and the Disney refillable Skyliner mug preforms just as good as a Yeti! We started with 16 cubes of ice in each and checked temps every hour. At 14 hours each mug was at 34.5 degrees and still had ice!”

Credit for photos and text go to @WDWRLD on Twitter!

I am just wondering about the coffee for the refill mugs. Is it just bog standard coffee, or do they have iced coffee and a coffee vending? Wondering if it is even worth filling it with coffee if it is just a cheap coffee.

I am just wondering about the coffee for the refill mugs. Is it just bog standard coffee, or do they have iced coffee and a coffee vending? Wondering if it is even worth filling it with coffee if it is just a cheap coffee.
It is the standard coffee from a huge brewing machine.

Last edited:
Can anyone confirm the current mug options/colors? I think there are red and black Mickey, pink and green Toy Story, stainless Skyliner (if near Skyliner resort) and stainless Star Wars. Anything I’m missing?

I couldn’t see if anyone had answered this yet - will a Tervis handle fit the new stainless mugs? TIA

Does anyone know the dimensions of the new stainless mugs? Perhaps if we have the measurements on it, or know how many oz it is we can figure out if the handles could fit on the mugs. I've seen other handles as well as the Tervis ones that could be an option. I've also seen tumbler carriers/holders that might work, although I definitely prefer a handle over a strap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!