>> Refillable Mug FAQ <<

And are the Coke Freestyle machines still off at the resorts due to COVID concerns, or are those back up and running? Thx.

And are the Coke Freestyle machines still off at the resorts due to COVID concerns, or are those back up and running? Thx.
The Freestyle machines at the Yacht Club are on but the beverages are dispensed by a cast member. Guests can't access them.

So the ones they show on the maps throughout the resort that are self-serve are off then, correct?
I think it depends on where you are. The self serve dispensers at the Beach Club and Boardwalk Bakery were on, but a cast member had to dispense the beverages for you. Hurricane Hanna's at the Beach Club and Geyser Point counter service beverage dispensers were closed off. The self service drink dispensers at the food court in the Land were also closed. The food court at Caribbean Beach resort would only let people who had mobile ordered into the food court. You couldn't walk into the food court there unless you had a mobile order.

anyone know about old key west? I am arriving Saturday and would love to buy one to get my coffee and an occasional soda

I think it depends on where you are. The self serve dispensers at the Beach Club and Boardwalk Bakery were on, but a cast member had to dispense the beverages for you. Hurricane Hanna's at the Beach Club and Geyser Point counter service beverage dispensers were closed off. The self service drink dispensers at the food court in the Land were also closed. The food court at Caribbean Beach resort would only let people who had mobile ordered into the food court. You couldn't walk into the food court there unless you had a mobile order.
We were there the end of September and had no trouble going to get just refills for the mugs.

Staying at the boardwalk next month. Is it not worthwhile to buy a mug this time since the self serve is closed? If I did buy a mug and I have to give to a CM do they rinse out our mug before refill? So confused!!

Staying at the boardwalk next month. Is it not worthwhile to buy a mug this time since the self serve is closed? If I did buy a mug and I have to give to a CM do they rinse out our mug before refill? So confused!!
The cm's will fill a disposable cup and then you can pour it in your mug if you wish to

You have to either show them the mug or show them the receipt that shows that you paid for a mug in order for them to dispense the beverage for you. They will fill a new paper cup for every beverage, including water. :)

Based on my experiences this week, this is the policy at the following 4 resorts:

Beach Club: can show mug, receipt or photo of mug.

Yacht club: can show mug or receipt

Boardwalk: MUST show mug

AKL-Kidani: MUST show mug

Wish I had thought to see if just showing the receipt worked - was annoying getting the mug from the room to get the drink. They were never scanned, just had to show it.

I wish some of the people at the other resorts would chime in with their experiences. I'd love to know whether I need to haul my mug with me when visiting the monorail resorts.

I am bummed. I called the Swan to ask questions & they said they didnt have the refillable mugs. Anyone know anything different?

We are staying at OKW and purchased the refillable mug today. We ate dinner at Olivias and then went to get a Diet Coke at Good Foods To Go. We showed them our receipt showing we had purchased the mug. They said we needed the mug but would give us a drink this one time. When we were at Riveria back in Sept they specifically told us we could use either our mug or receipt to get a drink. I wish the resorts would get on the same page. It’s frustrating getting different answers at the different resorts. Also, we move to Coronado Springs tomorrow. And I’m not sure if we will be able to get refills anywhere there with our mugs since they aren’t selling them.

Does anyone know what the mug situation is at GF? Can we just show the receipt or do we need to show the mug? Showing the receipt would be convenient to stop in and get a drink on the way back from a park, so we don't have to go back to the room.

We are staying at OKW and purchased the refillable mug today. We ate dinner at Olivias and then went to get a Diet Coke at Good Foods To Go. We showed them our receipt showing we had purchased the mug. They said we needed the mug but would give us a drink this one time. When we were at Riveria back in Sept they specifically told us we could use either our mug or receipt to get a drink. I wish the resorts would get on the same page. It’s frustrating getting different answers at the different resorts. Also, we move to Coronado Springs tomorrow. And I’m not sure if we will be able to get refills anywhere there with our mugs since they aren’t selling them.
OKW has been around a lot longer than Riviera and those CMs are a lot more knowledgeable. You should need both the receipt and the mug so they can scan the mug.

going in January. Are the designs still the same as this past summer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!