Refillable Mugs: Colors for Family of 5

LeeAnn

DIS Veteran
What's the current design of this year's Refillable Mugs? Is it the same as last year?

What are the colors? There's usually only four and we are a family of five. Don't want to repeat a color.

Happy that they put back the handle but the whit handle doesn't help to distinguish the mug owner w/o the lids. Hoping there's more colors and the colors back on the handle.

Also, if I pre-check-in on-line, would I be able to to pick up the mugs at another resort? Stopping another resort for breakfast then heading out for the day. Won't be at my resort till late. Was wondering if I can pick up the mugs then or if I need to wait till the next morn at my resort.

Thx.

What's the current design of this year's Refillable Mugs? Is it the same as last year?

What are the colors? There's usually only four and we are a family of five. Don't want to repeat a color.

Happy that they put back the handle but the whit handle doesn't help to distinguish the mug owner w/o the lids. Hoping there's more colors and the colors back on the handle.

Also, if I pre-check-in on-line, would I be able to to pick up the mugs at another resort? Stopping another resort for breakfast then heading out for the day. Won't be at my resort till late. Was wondering if I can pick up the mugs then or if I need to wait till the next morn at my resort.

Thx.
I'm not sure what colors are available but you could get two of the same color and then swap out the lids so that you would have unique lid/handle color combinations for each person.

The mugs are good at any resort refill station regardless of where you are staying. So, if you have an early ADR at Chef Mickey's, for instance, you could pick up your mugs at CR and then continue to use them at AoA (or CSR, or wherever you are staying).

Pretty sure there are never more than 4 colors, and from experience they often don't have all 4 of them available any given day.

I would figure out something to take with you to loop on the handles to identify OR a big fat sharpie to write initials on the lids.

You could order something like below or go to the craft store and make your own.

https://etsy.me/2Ltxtzq via @Etsy

We are a family of 6 and what we typically do is write names on our mugs with a sharpie.
I will say this, the sharpie will come off after a few washes/rinses so keep in mind that you may have to touch up.

I would recommend dishwasher safe labels. I think that is what we will be using this time!

When we were there three weeks ago, there were four colors available - pink, red, green, purple. This was at the two resorts we stayed at - POR and YC. I also saw the same colors at FQ and BC.

When we were there three weeks ago, there were four colors available - pink, red, green, purple. This was at the two resorts we stayed at - POR and YC. I also saw the same colors at FQ and BC.

Wonder if they are in some kind of change over ... because pink, red and purple are very similar colors and not having blue is o_O.

You can also tie a ribbon or something around the mug handles. I used to go to Disney every year with my HS cheer squad, and of course there are 20 girls with a limited option. I'd always bring a colored ribbon to tie on the handle so I knew which one was mine.

Thanks. I do miss the color handles. Think I will bring the old lids to change things up.

Has the design change. Hoping for a new one. Have many mugs and DH want me to throw them out. If different, have an excuse to hold on to them. :-D

Another suggestion to distinguish the mugs amongst a family would be a multple color pack of keychain carabineers. I find them handy anyway, and would double as a way to personalize everyone's mugs.

They are great to clip the mugs to a bag or belt loop so you don’t have to carry them around the resort.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter