Refillable mugs=no drinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplashM12

Earning My Ears
Hi, all!
If you use your refillable mugs at your resort quick service place, can you replace the drink that comes with your meal (on dining plan) with something else since you already have a drink in your refillable mug?
If yes, like what?

Thanks!

This worked for us at POP Century & AoA in Oct 2016 & SSR May 2016, as well as Contempo Cafe & Boardwalk Bakery when visiting for lunch. We have done it numerous places around the parks for a few years now. For lunch, we often used 4 credits for the eight of us by getting 4 large sandwiches to split and 8 side items. For breakfast at SSR, we would get a Bounty Platter and sub a side of biscuits & gravy (pretty large for a side) for the drink to make 2 breakfasts with one credit. At AoA, we'd get a big cup of yogurt & berries instead of the drink. Usually anything that is marked with a snack credit will be OK. The only two places we were not allowed to do this was the CS in Mexico & BoG.

This worked for us at POP Century & AoA in Oct 2016 & SSR May 2016, as well as Contempo Cafe & Boardwalk Bakery when visiting for lunch. We have done it numerous places around the parks for a few years now. For lunch, we often used 4 credits for the eight of us by getting 4 large sandwiches to split and 8 side items. For breakfast at SSR, we would get a Bounty Platter and sub a side of biscuits & gravy (pretty large for a side) for the drink to make 2 breakfasts with one credit. At AoA, we'd get a big cup of yogurt & berries instead of the drink. Usually anything that is marked with a snack credit will be OK. The only two places we were not allowed to do this was the CS in Mexico & BoG.

2017 DDP brochure no longer has the *drinks may be substituted for a snack item written on them, so it is now very inconsistent in practice around the parks. Most people have reported being able to at least get a bottled drink at their resorts to save for later and use their mug with their meal. Some have been able to get some kind of snack instead of the bottled drink at their resort. Outside of the resorts, it never hurts to ask if you can do the exchange, but count it as pixie dust if you're able to do so now.

we just grabbed a bottle of something and drank it later - liek at the parks or in the evening when our mugs were empty

2017 DDP brochure no longer has the *drinks may be substituted for a snack item written on them, so it is now very inconsistent in practice around the parks. Most people have reported being able to at least get a bottled drink at their resorts to save for later and use their mug with their meal. Some have been able to get some kind of snack instead of the bottled drink at their resort. Outside of the resorts, it never hurts to ask if you can do the exchange, but count it as pixie dust if you're able to do so now.

Good to know. This will help with our QSDP usage plans. Oh forgot to mention in my last post that we also could not do this at WPE & EoS.

Hi, all!
If you use your refillable mugs at your resort quick service place, can you replace the drink that comes with your meal (on dining plan) with something else since you already have a drink in your refillable mug?
If yes, like what?

Thanks!

Thank you all for the replies. Good idea about saving a bottled drink for later if getting something in place of the drink doesn't work!

Apologies if this is a stupid question but is the brouchure for you is different to the eu one? The Irish 2017 QSDP PDF still says that you can at certain places?

https://www.disneyholidays.ie/walt-...e=Disney+Quick-Service+Dining+Plan+(2017).pdf

Sorry to bring up an old thread but when is searched for it, this was the only one that popped up. In regards to a resort at least, I can answer it definitively. We are at AoA right now and they allow you (and actually encourage you!) to grab a snack instead of a drink while on the dining plan. We checked with several cast members and they all told us the same thing. Excellent!

Appreciate you bringing this back because I never thought to get an extra drink to take back to the room. We are at Pop for 5 days free dining, and then moving over to Saratoga OOP. We are planning on eating at the food court once a day, so we should be able to stockpile a bunch of Diet Coke to use on the second half of the trip! With 2 snacks a day already I don't think I could handle any more food!

Appreciate you bringing this back because I never thought to get an extra drink to take back to the room. We are at Pop for 5 days free dining, and then moving over to Saratoga OOP. We are planning on eating at the food court once a day, so we should be able to stockpile a bunch of Diet Coke to use on the second half of the trip! With 2 snacks a day already I don't think I could handle any more food!
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe once the refillable mug is activated, it is good for 14 days. When you use it, it will actually tell you on the machine what date it expires. It should still work for the Saratoga portion of your vacation.

I know I can use it at Saratoga, problem is, I don't usually spend a lot of time on property. I was thinking I could stock up and take the bottles of soda into the park with me to save a few dollars.

We've never subbed for a snack, but we frequently get bottled drinks to save for later. The only place that I can remember insisting on fountain is WPE. Anywhere else we could get bottles or cans, and generally choice of, including those fancy illy drinks, which DS and I are very fond of.

I am at Pop Century right now. Pop won't let us swap out our drink for a snack. So we have been getting bottled drinks to take with us. Strangely enough, Art of Animation has been letting us all week swap the drink for a snack. Since AoA is a 5 minute walk from Pop, and has a larger selection of food choices, we have done most of our on resort meals at AoA.

I am at Pop Century right now. Pop won't let us swap out our drink for a snack. So we have been getting bottled drinks to take with us. Strangely enough, Art of Animation has been letting us all week swap the drink for a snack. Since AoA is a 5 minute walk from Pop, and has a larger selection of food choices, we have done most of our on resort meals at AoA.

That is so strange. Set a policy and stick with it, Disney! LOL.
Thanks for sharing!

That is so strange. Set a policy and stick with it, Disney! LOL.
Thanks for sharing!

That's the problem; there is NO policy. It is a courtesy that has been extended in the past. Your dining plan POLICY is one entrée and one drink. Period. Everyone needs to consider getting anything other than that a dose of pixie dust.

That's the problem; there is NO policy. It is a courtesy that has been extended in the past. Your dining plan POLICY is one entrée and one drink. Period. Everyone needs to consider getting anything other than that a dose of pixie dust.

We are at all star music now and found out that you can swap your drink for a snack/desert. You get your recept stamped when you go by the cashier with your entree. You then have 90 minutes from that moment to pick up a snack/desert. It is the policy for all 3 all star resorts
Both waterparks you can swap too

We are at all star music now and found out that you can swap your drink for a snack/desert. You get your recept stamped when you go by the cashier with your entree. You then have 90 minutes from that moment to pick up a snack/desert. It is the policy for all 3 all star resorts
Awe, nice to know you can at water parks...thanks!

Thanks for posting this. We're staying there soon. Someone posted in another thread recently that they were testing a different way to pick up the food and had also cut pasta from the menu. Do you know about any of that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!