refillable mugs once onboard ship- where/when?

imgoingtodisney

Goal! going on this cruise 37lbs less and I will e
thinking my boys may want a coke once they get onboard ship and Im off doing the Palos run - when do they start selling these? where do they go to buy them? Thank you

They cant get cokes at the buffet on deck10, right? Can they get the sticker & mug there? I thought I read it was $35 (7day) for the sticker and an additional $5 for the mug?

They'll be selling the mugs everywhere.

I opted just for the sticker. I found it very convenient to show my card and get my soda without the added hassle of carrying around my own mug.

On our January Magic cruise they didn't offer the stickers to put on your KTTW card, so that is a big improvement since then as it is kind of inconvenient to have to carry the mug with you when you want it refilled each time.

They were selling the mugs right outside the doors of Topsiders, plus at the bars. I bought mine at the ESPN Skybox when DH bought his beer mug. I thought it was worth the price, as I drank 4-6 Diet Cokes per day. Plus I enjoyed having the mug as a souvenir. Here at home whenever I use it I am reminded of our cruise.

If the mugs are different on our upcoming Wonder cruise, I'll probably buy another but hopefully they'll still have the stickers, then I can just pack the mug away to bring home.

They have mug/sticker stand right when you embark the ship. It typically has a long line of people waiting. Continue on your way aft and there will be another stand by the Promenade lounge. If this has a long line, continue on your way. We've found (twice now) that by the time you get to deck 9 aft by Beach Blanket Buffet (Topsiders on the Magic) there is a drink stand there with no line.

Our first time we thought we had to have the mugs AND the stickers. This last time dh just got a sticker and it was great not to have to haul around the mug all the time. I've weaned myself off of pop for the most part and I was happy with the free drink station on deck 9--the water there is VERY good. Wish they had lemon wedges there, but I made do. :)

Have fun!

I have a question regarding the mugs/sticker thing. If you get both the mug and sticker, do you HAVE to have the mug with you, or can you just get a drink in a regular glass by showing your KTTW card and sticker? This might sound silly, but I'd love to buy the mug and not use it on the cruise, just take it home as a souvenir. I think it'd be a pain to lug it around the ship. So ideally we'd have the sticker too, and be able to get soda without the mug. Has anyone done this before??

I am going on a 3 day....so the drink program is 15.00......am i also going to have to pay 5.00 for the mug. can i just buy the mug for 5.00 and bring my own cokes? I originally thought it was 15.00 for the mug with unlimited drinks.....is this not the case?

Also, The 9.99 beer mug........are the refills free? what a deal! I bet that's not the case.

You can buy the sticker or the mug or both. If you only buy the mug it does NOT entitle you to free drinks....you'll still need to show your KTTW card with the sticker on it to have them fill up the mug. If you buy the sticker only they will give you the drink in a plastic cup. Or you can buy both, pack your mug to go home and then just use the sticker.

The 9.99 beer mug gets you extra beer everytime. I want to say you get 20 oz for the price of 16 with each refill....but I'm not a beer drinker so that's only from a vague memory of seeing a sign. No, it does not get you unlimited beer on your cruise. :yo-yo:

On our last cruise dh got the sticker only. Did NOT buy the mug and got refills whenever he wanted served in plastic cups.

HTH.

Originally posted by ohiominnie
You can buy the sticker or the mug or both. If you only buy the mug it does NOT entitle you to free drinks....you'll still need to show your KTTW card with the sticker on it to have them fill up the mug. If you buy the sticker only they will give you the drink in a plastic cup. Or you can buy both, pack your mug to go home and then just use the sticker.

On our last cruise dh got the sticker only. Did NOT buy the mug and got refills whenever he wanted served in plastic cups.

HTH.

Thanks for the info! :wave2:

Are the AAA mugs the same as the refillable mugs onboard ship? How do AAA members get their sticker on their card? Is it put on when they pickup their mug?

AAA mugs have a different design. Otherwise, they work the same way I believe. When we did it, there were no stickers, so I can't swear to the sticker part.

As to where you pick them up, the AAA mugs are only available at the Promenade Lounge. The for sale mugs are available at all locations that they sell drinks (including all pool bars).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter