Refillable Popcorn Buckets

on allears it lists the marketplace at DS as a place to buy a refillable bucket, but then lists same day refills there at 1.39...has this changed? It must be different if you're saying I can get it once there and reuse in the parks. Question...is this for length of stay, or is it reusable on more than one trip?

Refills are $1.50 and are good for the length of your stay. Could you use it for more than one trip? Sure, but the buckets change occasionally and it would be at the CM's discretion whether they fill it for you or not.

How big are the buckets? I have 3 kids plus DH and I will probably dig in. Wondering if one bucket is enough (even given the cheap refills) or if I should just start out with 2 or 3. Seems like a great investment even if I buy more than one.

I just measured my popcorn bucket. It holds 8 cups of water. When I got a popcorn refill, I dumped it into a gallon size ziploc bag, which was about half full. Yes, I bought several refills of popcorn then put it in a ziploc bag and took it back to the room to eat later (hey, there was a hurricane coming and I didn't know how long I'd be stuck in the room).

I just measured my popcorn bucket. It holds 8 cups of water. When I got a popcorn refill, I dumped it into a gallon size ziploc bag, which was about half full. Yes, I bought several refills of popcorn then put it in a ziploc bag and took it back to the room to eat later (hey, there was a hurricane coming and I didn't know how long I'd be stuck in the room).
We put it in the bag for the ice machine. We also had some for the Hurricane.

Is there anywhere that has a master list of all of the popcorn carts where you can refill along with the flavors offered there?

Is there anywhere that has a master list of all of the popcorn carts where you can refill along with the flavors offered there?

I'm not aware of a list, but I can tell you that you can only find flavored popcorn at two locations:

Epcot right outside of Journey to Imagination has sour cream & onion, cheddar and buffalo
Magic Kingdom outside of Pecos Bill has maple flavored popcorn

Canada at Epcot has one flavor too. Maple I think.
It is maple for sure-I wanted regular and they gave it took me in a box for $1.50 instead of filling the bucket b/c they had maple in the popcorn machine

I'm not aware of a list, but I can tell you that you can only find flavored popcorn at two locations:

Epcot right outside of Journey to Imagination has sour cream & onion, cheddar and buffalo
Magic Kingdom outside of Pecos Bill has maple flavored popcorn
The cheddar was so disappointing it seemed so stale and not very cheesy

on allears it lists the marketplace at DS as a place to buy a refillable bucket, but then lists same day refills there at 1.39...has this changed? It must be different if you're saying I can get it once there and reuse in the parks. Question...is this for length of stay, or is it reusable on more than one trip?
FYI I brought an old bucket with me and planned to get the mickey pumpkin one as a souvenir but then just refill my old one(the pumpkin one is awkward to carry around and didn't want it to be stolen from our stroller if we left it unattended)-no one said anything to me about it all week except the young woman working the cart by the imagination pavilion. She made a big deal about them only having Halloween buckets now and she'd do me a favor this one time by allowing me to refill a non Halloween bucket-then I got the terrible cheddar popcorn we wound up throwing away anyway lol
So watch out there if you try to use a non holiday bucket-she said they are filling the Halloween ones now and will be switching to Christmas ones next month

FYI I brought an old bucket with me and planned to get the mickey pumpkin one as a souvenir but then just refill my old one(the pumpkin one is awkward to carry around and didn't want it to be stolen from our stroller if we left it unattended)-no one said anything to me about it all week except the young woman working the cart by the imagination pavilion. She made a big deal about them only having Halloween buckets now and she'd do me a favor this one time by allowing me to refill a non Halloween bucket-then I got the terrible cheddar popcorn we wound up throwing away anyway lol
So watch out there if you try to use a non holiday bucket-she said they are filling the Halloween ones now and will be switching to Christmas ones next month
Something like this happened to us at MK. Had an old bucket from Epcot and she said they weren't allowed to fill them anymore but would do it for me this one time. We didn't try again after that. Third trip we used this bucket on so I didn't feel it owed me anything!

OMG that would totally be my "go to snack" to bring to the room as well!

Unless the buckets are the really old ones that are taller and skinnier than the current version, I’m surprised people are being given a hard time refilling them. I bought the standard four park bucket about two months ago. I asked if I would be able to fill it for the duration of my annual pass and the cm said it wouldn’t be a problem.

Unless the buckets are the really old ones that are taller and skinnier than the current version, I’m surprised people are being given a hard time refilling them. I bought the standard four park bucket about two months ago. I asked if I would be able to fill it for the duration of my annual pass and the cm said it wouldn’t be a problem.
Nope my "old" bucket was from a trip 6 months ago-apparently/supposedly all 4 parks had switched over to the Halloween themed bucket in the past few weeks (think it has Huey, Dewey, and Louie trick or treating on it) and the special pumpkin one. According to this cast member non Halloween buckets were no longer supposed to filled as it is only supposed to be valid for the current length of stay.

But that's the thing...annual pass holders don't have a length of stay. I'm certainly not buying a new bucket every 2-3 months when they change designs. Who needs that many buckets? Guess it may be interesting trying to get it filled next time. I'm so glad they finally started doing refills; it's much better for the environment and customer friendly. But putting a time limit on how long you can refill the bucket isn't consumer friendly. At Busch Gardens, the local zoo, and Universal it doesn't matter how old your bucket is. We used our Busch Gardens bucket until it broke ten years later.

But that's the thing...annual pass holders don't have a length of stay. I'm certainly not buying a new bucket every 2-3 months when they change designs. Who needs that many buckets? Guess it may be interesting trying to get it filled next time. I'm so glad they finally started doing refills; it's much better for the environment and customer friendly. But putting a time limit on how long you can refill the bucket isn't consumer friendly. At Busch Gardens, the local zoo, and Universal it doesn't matter how old your bucket is. We used our Busch Gardens bucket until it broke ten years later.

I'm an AP have been using the same bucket for a year, but with that being said they occasionally change the design so I know I take a chance everytime I bring it.

I agree that nobody needs a bunch of buckets and am also an AP (just not local)-I only was interested in the mickey pumpkin one because it was a cute Halloween decoration. I don't think Disney is doing it to be environmentally friendly but rather to upsell the average guest. Instead of the typicallh family Spending $4-8 (1-2 boxes of popcorn) on a week long vacation perhaps they spend $15 buying the $10 bucket and a few refills. An AP who goes frequently or takes multiple week long trips per year isn't really the target and they want to get that $10 bucket "investment" more than once a year (or every couple years).
I'm an AP have been using the same bucket for a year, but with that being said they occasionally change the design so I know I take a chance everytime I bring it.
I suspect they may go back to the old designs after Christmas unless they decide to totally redesign them.

Last edited:
I was told on my August trip (after I bought another bucket even though I had one in the room and had just not brought it) that the bucket for an AP holder expires at the time of your AP expiration. That is your "length of stay." Which makes sense, but the problem is it definitely seems to be dependent on the opinion of each CM. For my next trip in a couple weeks I don't know whether or not to bring the bucket! It is a little frustrating.

Those older buckets were better. You could fit more popcorn in the older style buckets.

When I got one of the newer ones I was like "what is this little thing?"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!