Refillable shampoo/conditioner/body wash questions

jenhelgren

DIS Veteran
Have all DVC resorts now switched over to the refillable shampoo/conditioner/body wash in the shower? Is bar soap and lotion still individual? Is it possible to request the individual containers at the desk or is there an extra charge? I read a few articles about how unsanitary refillable containers are in hotels rooms and will def pack our own if needed but I feel like it should be included and is one of the perks we look forward to with Disney rooms!

Just back from Vero and they had the refillable containers in the showers.

Bar soap and lotion in individual containers were still provided.

I was at Boulder Ridge in a 2br a few weeks ago and they still had the individual shampoo/body wash/conditioner etc.

We will be staying at BRV in early May and I would love to still have the individual bottles available! Is the change a per resort decision then? So far I have seen OKW and VBR as refillable-can anyone add onto the list?

Yay! I was thinking that all the resorts had switched to the dispensers from what I was reading. It seems like the majority of DVC has not, and the resorts mentioned are the ones we usually stay at :)

We were told at the Condo Association meeting in December that all the DVC resorts will eventually have the soap, shampoo and conditioner dispensers. Apparently they’re being installed slowly and somewhat unpredictably.

Polynesian villas still had the single use containers this past week.

AKV - Kidani and old key west had the dispensers last week.

At Kidani, is bar soap, lotion, and dish soap at the sink still provided? We usually use the Palmolive as hand soap and the bar soap to shower with so I want to make sure that I pack appropriately!

i'm at OKW now, and they have the refillable bottles, but there is also the bar soaps for the counter sinks. I love them.

We have moved over to VGF and they have the small bottles.

Last edited:
At Kidani, is bar soap, lotion, and dish soap at the sink still provided? We usually use the Palmolive as hand soap and the bar soap to shower with so I want to make sure that I pack appropriately!
I know we had bar soap and dish soap in the kitchen. I don't remember if we had lotion. I'm pretty sure we did.

I don't ever remember getting lotion at the kitchen sink at any DVC resort and definitely not Kidani. I do know that lotion was not always given to us in the bathrooms with the exception of BLT and VGF. The rest of the DVC resorts have been hit or miss, so years ago I started carrying my own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter