Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Great pics! Interesting about the construction worker shortage. We are experiencing the same in Ontario right now - big push by our gov't to try to get High School grads to enter trades colleges instead of University.

You are right - the scale seems very large. We have not bought into DVC (yet), but this resort may just end up being why we finally take the plunge...

Not to diverge into a tangent discussion, but I am HUGE supporter of classical trades (electrical/plumbing/construction); this is coming from someone who spent his career in a professional environment reporting to C-level executives.

The debt bubble for college graduates is definitely real; my brother is an economical analysts for Fox/CNBC and presented his show at the U.S. White House in D.C. that spoke about this very issue.

I am very eager to see the horses at Fort Wilderness at the new stables.

We learned on this past trip (as a local within an hour or so drive to WDW) that DVC might become a reality given the right resort/benefit/cost.

Not to diverge into a tangent discussion, but I am HUGE supporter of classical trades (electrical/plumbing/construction); this is coming from someone who spent his career in a professional environment reporting to C-level executives.

The debt bubble for college graduates is definitely real; my brother is an economical analysts for Fox/CNBC and presented his show at the U.S. White House in D.C. that spoke about this very issue.

I am very eager to see the horses at Fort Wilderness at the new stables.

We learned on this past trip (as a local within an hour or so drive to WDW) that DVC might become a reality given the right resort/benefit/cost.
100% agree with you on the trades! Not sure of the situation in Florida, but right now we have such a shortage here that the wages are actually higher in a trades career than in more "professional" careers. Out of trade school, an electrician's salary is on par with a University grad with a business degree.

Hopefully the trades in Florida are compensated well - or perhaps compensation should be increasing if Orlando / Disney is having trouble finding enough workers for their projects ?

I don't believe they are even close to releasing the points chart. But, this is the resort we are targeting.
Why are you targeting Reflections? I'm pretty curious as this is the first time I've seen someone say this. I know this may sound snarky but I really want to know.

Why are you targeting Reflections? I'm pretty curious as this is the first time I've seen someone say this. I know this may sound snarky but I really want to know.
I don't believe they are even close to releasing the points chart. But, this is the resort we are targeting.

I could be wrong, but I think they were making a joke asking how many points it would be to stay at the new stables, not reflections

No, not snarky at all. Since I've been living in Orlando area for over 15 years and have been to WDW many, many times (fact, not trying to be boastful), this resort seems to fit the theming between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness based on my visits. The serenity of this area of property is what is most appeals to us.

What captured me is the concept art with the massive windows looking out to the lake. The Pocohontas art figure is stunning. I can only hope the concept art will be representative of the final product. Plus, the proximity to a reprise to Fort Wilderness is "just around the corner". I hope that helps.

I could be wrong, but I think they were making a joke asking how many points it would be to stay at the new stables, not reflections

Wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood a non-verbal statement. :)

But, maybe there is a mucking stall rate? I've got plenty of experience doing that!

No, not snarky at all. Since I've been living in Orlando area for over 15 years and have been to WDW many, many times (fact, not trying to be boastful), this resort seems to fit the theming between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness based on my visits. The serenity of this area of property is what is most appeals to us.

What captured me is the concept art with the massive windows looking out to the lake. The Pocohontas art figure is stunning. I can only hope the concept art will be representative of the final product. Plus, the proximity to a reprise to Fort Wilderness is "just around the corner". I hope that helps.
That all makes sense. I had always just looked at it as Wilderness Lodge II and not really thought much past that.

Yeah.... just trying to throw a little comedy in here. I’ll refrain myself from now on.

Sorry Paul. You got me...well played sir! Keep doing and doing, please.

I admit, you're insights on DVC (and more recently on Dis Unplugged) are appreciated, sincerely.

This is one that we're really looking forward to if they don't dumb it down from the concept art. It will depend on a number of things including size/layout of studios (hoping for either the large murphy bed or the small one for the 5th guest) and the point chart. We like BRV but don't like the expiry so we had thought CCV would be a sure thing for us. The 4 person studios with pullout couches changed our minds. This is a different style but within that same area and I actually prefer this to either BRV or CCV (depending on the final design of course).

That all makes sense. I had always just looked at it as Wilderness Lodge II and not really thought much past that.

To some, Wilderness Lodge is so rustic and not "Disneyeque". To us (and many of the locals I know), it is a pseudo escape to another region. I wish I could make others understand that most locals that I know want the ancillary benefits of staying onsite without a Mouse Ear image around every bend; it's that simple. That being said, we applaud Disney for the economic impact and savior it offers to some guests.

For us, Fort Wilderness gives us the most simple of accommodations (just rented a trailer to be drop-shipped onsite there this past March). But, we are not campers at heart. We want a hybrid between Wilderness Lodge and Fort Wilderness; Reflections meets our wishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!