Reflections: A Disney Lakeside Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the new horse barn, next to the lodge, is operational.

Oh it's operational all right.

The old Tri-Circle-D Ranch was already torn down months ago.

I don't know if the horses went to a third (off-property) barn temporarily in-between.

I am hopeful the new resort doesn't spoil the vibe of the Fort (my favorite resort).

As you said, hertamaniac, it might be "in-between" WL and FW in terms of feel and theme.

Bama Ed

Oh it's operational all right.

The old Tri-Circle-D Ranch was already torn down months ago.

I don't know if the horses went to a third (off-property) barn temporarily in-between.

I am hopeful the new resort doesn't spoil the vibe of the Fort (my favorite resort).

As you said, hertamaniac, it might be "in-between" WL and FW in terms of feel and theme.

Bama Ed

I am in such admiration of FW, that I honestly am not sure any other resort will be appealing. I have to give Reflections a chance, although the leash is rather short. It's an old story....I have stayed in 5 diamond hotels during my career, but FW is where my head feels home. The culture permeates family values.

I am in such admiration of FW, that I honestly am not sure any other resort will be appealing. I have to give Reflections a chance, although the leash is rather short. It's an old story....I have stayed in 5 diamond hotels during my career, but FW is where my head feels home. The culture permeates family values.
I agree with this so much. There is just something about the Fort that really is magical. My best memories from Disney are at FW, both as a child and as a Dad. We’ve never been interested in DVC until they announced Reflections and now we will take a closer look.

I agree with this so much. There is just something about the Fort that really is magical. My best memories from Disney are at FW, both as a child and as a Dad. We’ve never been interested in DVC until they announced Reflections and now we will take a closer look.

Yep....

Separately, we are getting slammed by the weather today and wonder if FW got hit. Tornadoes were viewed from ORMC about 20 minutes ago, but has not been confirmed as to be touching the ground. FW with all those trees is so susceptible to these strong storms.

Not sad, if true, except that means they likely won't reopen the bike trail in the interim if it's only an "on-hold" situation.

virtually no chance it will be canceled, at least for the DVC portion. A billion dollars in profits is not something that Disney is going to give up. Obliviously there is some level of delay, the question is just how long, I think much will depend on how fast existing new resort points sell.

I could see the cash side going away or being converted to more DVC

I too think it’ll still happen at some point, it was just the easiest cost cutter on Disney property right now. Many of the things that are being built are already too far underway to just completely cancel. We might not see everything we were told to be given from the EPCOT project, but other than Mary Poppins and probably the Festival Building, we’ll see the project come to fruition in one form or another.

I really liked the concept of Reflections. The name probably should have been discussed more, and it wouldnt have been difficult to change it before opening, but to me, it looked like it was going to be a beautiful resort

virtually no chance it will be canceled, at least for the DVC portion. A billion dollars in profits is not something that Disney is going to give up. Obliviously there is some level of delay, the question is just how long, I think much will depend on how fast existing new resort points sell.

I could see the cash side going away or being converted to more DVC
They aren’t going to just build the DVC portion.

This project at the very least is on hold.

They aren’t going to just build the DVC portion.

This project at the very least is on hold.
stranger things have happened, it has been a while since Disney has built a cash and DVC resort simultaneously

stranger things have happened, it has been a while since Disney has built a cash and DVC resort simultaneously
And it had been a while since disney built an all DVC resort until Riviera. Most of their DVC is add on to existing resorts.

I too think it’ll still happen at some point, it was just the easiest cost cutter on Disney property right now. Many of the things that are being built are already too far underway to just completely cancel. We might not see everything we were told to be given from the EPCOT project, but other than Mary Poppins and probably the Festival Building, we’ll see the project come to fruition in one form or another.

I really liked the concept of Reflections. The name probably should have been discussed more, and it wouldnt have been difficult to change it before opening, but to me, it looked like it was going to be a beautiful resort

We'll have to see what happens. They haven't been able to sell any Riviera since the start of the lockdown and some reports that it's been a little slow before the lockdown, so a pause makes a great deal of sense.

I was really interested in it too and was really looking forward to the points charts and the Princess and the Frog restaurant. Hopefully when things start to settle down sometime next year they have a better idea of what they want to do and get an idea about when they think Riviera is going to sell out.

And it had been a while since disney built an all DVC resort until Riviera. Most of their DVC is add on to existing resorts.

There's always the potential for Grand Floridian 2, Poly 2, Contemporary Tower 2, or Yacht Club. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought that when they shut down all of the resorts.

It really sucks. It looked like a great resort in a prime location and they already moved the poor horses.

Yes they ran out of deluxes to add on to unless you count YC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter