Reflections On Animal Kingdom Lodge

KenHutch

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our 5th trip to WDW and we stayed at the Animal Kingdom Lodge from 6/3 to 6/13. I just wanted to thank everyone who recommended this resort. I always book standard rooms but they gave us to 2 nice ones. My girls and I in 4343 and Gwens maternal family in 4345. They were right above one of the people corrals. We only saw a few animals until the evening of a heavy raid and then we go to see a young giraffe and its mother play tag with each other for about 15 minutes and later some zebras playing in the rain. Rooms at that point became totally worth it. All of the staff were highly professional and friendly (even the poor guy who interrupted my daughters nap on a room check) and the food and service at Jiko's and The Mara were perfect. We ate twice at Boma and enjoyed it but during the dinner the waiter seems to have gotten flustered and overcharged the number of credits for the number of people eating which took almost an hour to correct. The upside is the girls has a perfect time, the downside on the last day we were there I was talking to girls about our 2021 trip. At that time they informed me that they did not think they could go back to moderates they were now deluxe girls. I informed them that was OK because of parking costs we were probably be staying at the Swan & Dolphin next time. These 2 are relentless however. Since we got back they informed me that you don't pay parking if you fly and they are now willing to fly and would really appreciate the Polynesian next time. SIgh I may have created monsters.

I think our girls are now deluxe'ers too. We stayed at AKL in March for just one night and while my husband and I enjoyed it and thought it was nice, our girls fell in love with our savanna view room. They asked if we could stay longer. AKL was our first deluxe and we will likely go back but not quite yet, we've got several other resorts on our short list for our next visit.

Glad you had a great stay - we, too, stayed at AKL this year and loved everything about it! :cloud9:

This happened to us also. We drove from NY to Disney many times and stayed off property or at moderates. We were able to by luck stay at the POLY CL with the three kids. OMG they drove us to the door of our room in a golf cart, food all day, bell hops helping here and there. When the Poly pool was closed for a filter issue CL called a boat and took us privately to the GF and back. They had a ground floor MK view it was amazing. While on our long ride home we stop at the Holiday inn and wake the kids up to go into the room and our DD says is the bell hop getting our luggage, well reality had set in and LITTLE PRINCESS get your bag no more bellhops here. Well YC CL, BC CL, AK CL we are all hooked and now they are in their 20s and they blame me. MOM we can't go to Disney with our friends and stay at the All Stars your ruined us. Now they know the price. Best memories we will ever have Family time no matter where we stay. Can't wait to some day take grandchildren.

I'm very much an off-site person (and so is my wife) and we're afraid that our kid will force us (once she's old enough to talk) to book a trip to stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. We're member's of our local zoo and we're there every weekend, and she can't get enough of the animals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter