Reflections

IF Disney was to think big with Reflections, and IF Disney wanted make it a stand alone signature property, and IF Disney was willing to invest in a significant amount of dough into Reflections and other properties around the US, I think @StormyCA, in a different post from, on a different thread, had a can't miss opportunity of creating a timeshare campground that included other locations outside Disney. Like a DVC, but separate. Campgrounds at Reflections, Grand Canyon, The Smokies, Williamsburg, Adirondacks. Real signature locations.

A lot of IFs, and a lot of money. But there are a lot of RV's, and not enough sites. A $200,000 Diesel pusher with no place to go? A timeshare type of place that guarantees a place to go every year, and at a fraction of the cost of the motorhome, would be an investment. Maybe something with the flexibility of DVC, with points to be used any time of year. Quite frankly, you would get a Deed, and be able to sell it when you are done with it.

I'm not sure IF cash flow is there yet. I am not sure there is any consideration for putting that much risk into something that might seem brand new to them. Other companies have seen the signs and are building new sites....

It would be a good step into expanding their business into areas outside the footprint of a theme park.

I obviously have too much time on my hands today. Just dreaming.

And the name Reflections has got to go. I am not going to an assisted living anything, hotel or campground. ( in case someone at Disney is listening )

IF Disney was to think big with Reflections, and IF Disney wanted make it a stand alone signature property, and IF Disney was willing to invest in a significant amount of dough into Reflections and other properties around the US, I think @StormyCA, in a different post from, on a different thread, had a can't miss opportunity of creating a timeshare campground that included other locations outside Disney. Like a DVC, but separate. Campgrounds at Reflections, Grand Canyon, The Smokies, Williamsburg, Adirondacks. Real signature locations.

A lot of IFs, and a lot of money. But there are a lot of RV's, and not enough sites. A $200,000 Diesel pusher with no place to go? A timeshare type of place that guarantees a place to go every year, and at a fraction of the cost of the motorhome, would be an investment. Maybe something with the flexibility of DVC, with points to be used any time of year. Quite frankly, you would get a Deed, and be able to sell it when you are done with it.

I'm not sure IF cash flow is there yet. I am not sure there is any consideration for putting that much risk into something that might seem brand new to them. Other companies have seen the signs and are building new sites....

It would be a good step into expanding their business into areas outside the footprint of a theme park.

I obviously have too much time on my hands today. Just dreaming.

And the name Reflections has got to go. I am not going to an assisted living anything, hotel or campground. ( in case someone at Disney is listening )

That Stormy is one smart cookie!! 😉😆

Even my nDH (nonDisney Husband) says he'd go for a Disney-camp DVC. Now if we can just get the Board of Directors on board!

I’ll call it Fireside River Creek Camp... across from neighbor Copper Creek Cabins.... deluxe campgrounds with some type of membership advantage at 1 year bookings ...

Does anybody know how Disney controls alligator 🐊 on property , etc.?
I guess there is a Hunting Season between Aug 15 and Nov 1.
Once I saw 2 guys bagging something early dawn from my balcony watching BLT... might have been baby alligator cause it sure squirmed . This was long time ago before they changed the beach front resort properties...

Last edited:
Does anybody know how Disney controls alligator 🐊 on property , etc.?
I guess there is a Hunting Season between Aug 15 and Nov 1.
Once I saw 2 guys bagging something early dawn from my balcony watching BLT... might have been baby alligator cause it sure squirmed . This was long time ago before they changed the beach front resort properties...
Disney removes alligators at 3' according to one of the boat captains. They supposedly also have a "robust" alligator control program.
My guess is they remove them at 5' most likely. Also, alligators aren't relocated in Florida, they are euthanized. Disney can have alligators removed at any time without regard to hunting season.

Disney removes alligators at 3' according to one of the boat captains. They supposedly also have a "robust" alligator control program.
My guess is they remove them at 5' most likely. Also, alligators aren't relocated in Florida, they are euthanized. Disney can have alligators removed at any time without regard to hunting season.

Ready supply of Gator Bites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter