• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Refrigerators or Coolers?

strasfamily

DIS Veteran
So sorry - yet another question....

Are there refrigerators or just coolers in the stateroom? If it is just a cooler, can you get your own ice or do you have to rely on the cabin steward to bring it?

They are just supposedly just coolers, but everything in there stayed very cool. I kept my insulin in there with no problem. Your room steward will bring you ice, or you can go down to the drink station.

Although they are labeled "Beverage Cooler" and many people refer to them as coolers, they are in fact mini refrigerators.

A cooler does not lower the temperature of an item without the aid of ice. The "Beverage Coolers" in the staterooms do.

A cooler does not use electricity. The "Beverage Coolers" in the staterooms do.

A cooler does not have a fan unit. The "Beverage Coolers in the staterooms do.

I think a lot of the confusion on this topic comes from the label on the units and from the fact that the units are not designed to be full-fledged refrigerators. They take some time to cool things down once you place something inside and they cannot cool stuff to the extent that the refrigerator in your home probably can.

Many people also state that you need to place ice inside of the unit or that the units will keep something cold but not "make" something cold. These statements are incorrect. On each cruise we've placed a 12 pack of Coca-Cola (and ONLY the cans of Coke- i.e. NO ICE) in the "Beverage Cooler" and they have always been chilled by the next day.

Thanks threecircles....I thought I was crazy when I read this thread or had a better room than others as we have always used the coolers and have had cold drinks or stored sandwiches in it or milk for future use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter