Refunds and changes to reservation

charlesredmore

Earning My Ears
So, I can't call Disney at the moment but I thought someone here may know. My vacation is paid in full for September. However, it looks like that card data was stolen since there were some unauthorized purchases with it. So, I cancelled that card and the bank is sending me a new one. I have heard that Disney will only deposit refunds to the original card. So, if a discount, like free dining, is added or if I have to cancel for some reason will I not receive a refund since that card is cancelled? That seems crazy if it's true.

Earlier I was typing with one finger because I was eating a sloppy sandwich..........

Disney will refund the money to the original card number.
The card issuer will receive the funds, see that that card was cancelled, and a replacement was issued.
They will then move the funds to your replacement card account.
This has happened to us several times over the years.
It is sad to say.........it happens all the time.

Earlier I was typing with one finger because I was eating a sloppy sandwich..........

Disney will refund the money to the original card number.
The card issuer will receive the funds, see that that card was cancelled, and a replacement was issued.
They will then move the funds to your replacement card account.
This has happened to us several times over the years.
It is sad to say.........it happens all the time.

Yeah, it has happened to me twice in the last few months with two different cards. I guess I need to start getting gas at different locations. Well it is good to know that it will work out. I just remember on the dis-unplugged that they were saying if you pay with gift cards to keep the gift card because any refunds would have to be put back on the gift card. So, I was a little concerned. Thanks again. :)

Another option could be a credit on your reservation. My reservation was paid off and a discount came out and they are putting a credit on my account for me to use while there.

Another option could be a credit on your reservation. My reservation was paid off and a discount came out and they are putting a credit on my account for me to use while there.
That's a good idea. I didn't know that was an option. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter