Refunds from My Cruise Photos/Shutters

Shea&Van

&Waves
Hi there,

Has anyone had trouble getting refunds from My Cruise Photos/Shutters? We cruised at the end of March/early April.

I pre-paid for cruise photos (over $200 for our cruise). When we visited Shutters shortly after boarding, the rep there told us that our family was eligible for a promotion. My sister and her family were also cruising with us and we were planning many photos together, especially with our children together for grandparents and such. The gal told us we could buy one photo CD at full price and any addition would be 50% off.

We were totally jazzed. She then told us I had to cancel my pre-paid order and then re-purchase my CD. She wrote down everything and said she'd take care of it and our refund should post within two billing cycles. The cost of our "new" CD was posted to our on-board account, which we settled up the last night of our cruise.

It's been more than two months since we have gotten home and two billing cycles have passed. Still no refund...I sent a note to their website to inqure but haven't gotten a response yet.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had such a lengthy delay in getting their refund and if so, how was the situation resolved.

Thanks so much!

I would complain sounds to me she just wants commission on a sale by her so she doesn't get a benefit from a pre paid package. I think one month is maximum.

She shouldn't have told you to cancel what you had and repurchase. I pre-purchased a photo cd for the WBPC at the discounted price online prior to sailing. When we got onboard I went with my MiL to Shutters, showed them my confirmation, and told the gal I spoke with that I understood my MiL (in another stateroom) could now purchase a photo cd as well at 50% off the shipboard price. Yep. My cd was ordered/credited (via my prepayment). My MiL ordered her cd at the 50% off. Done and done. That girl made you lose your discount, it sounds like.

Is there a phone number you can call mycruisephotos?

Yes, from their website:

If you do need to speak to someone we are also available by phone but please be aware that phone calls can take 15-20 minutes of your time while we work with you on the issue.

Office hours:

Monday to Friday
9am - 4pm EST USA

Screen_Shot_2014-12-03_at_8.24.06_AM.png

She shouldn't have told you to cancel what you had and repurchase. I pre-purchased a photo cd for the WBPC at the discounted price online prior to sailing. When we got onboard I went with my MiL to Shutters, showed them my confirmation, and told the gal I spoke with that I understood my MiL (in another stateroom) could now purchase a photo cd as well at 50% off the shipboard price. Yep. My cd was ordered/credited (via my prepayment). My MiL ordered her cd at the 50% off. Done and done. That girl made you lose your discount, it sounds like.

Agree.

Well, I've sent four e-mails and called six times and I'm still getting the run-around from the staff. A rep there says the first refund was never properly completed so they are going to attempt to re-issue my refund again. I was told I have to wait an additional two billing statements to see if that refund "took." Says the funds are being reissued from the company's headquarters in Grand Cayman. When asked if there was a manager/supervisor I could talk to, they said this was standard procedure when refunds have to be reissued. I've been waiting 79 LONG days.

It all sounds so fishy to me. I'm really at a loss of what to do next. I did send a note to DCL but knowing it's an outside vendor, there's little they can do to assist me.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks for reading!

I was told I have to wait an additional two billing statements to see if that refund "took." Says the funds are being reissued from the company's headquarters in Grand Cayman. When asked if there was a manager/supervisor I could talk to, they said this was standard procedure when refunds have to be reissued.

This is probably completely out of the vendor's control. Refunds to credit cards *may* appear as sooner, but it all depends on how your particular bank/credit card company processes such transactions. It's not due to delay on the vendor's end, but rather on the credit card end. You could try contacting your credit card company to see if there is a pending refund transaction, I don't know how easily that shows before it officially posts.

I agree...it's very frustrating for you that the refund wasn't process properly the first time, or even that you apparently were given bad advice onboard resulting in the refund anyway. So sorry you are dealing with this.

I hope you otherwise enjoyed your cruise!

Thank you lanejudy! We had a fabulous time on our cruise and have already booked two more!! I'm reluctant to pre-pay for photos now.

The refund should be posting back to my debit card, but it's definitely been exhausting! Here's hoping this black cloud will leave me soon!

If it were me, I would be contacting my credit card company...they can process the refund for the "wrongful transaction for services not rendered" in less than a week...that is why I will always use an AMEX for purchases like that and not a bank card. They are SOOOOO good about helping with stuff like that.

Call your Credit Card company now! Most only give 3 months to dispute any charges. Let them know now so they can put in their records your complaint.

I had trouble with a computer and I trusted the computer company and didn't know about the 3 months with your Credit Card. Thankfully, Best Buy came through and took the computer back and I put the $ towards a new one. I learned a lot on that experience with a computer that was already defective out of the box. It took months of frustration sending it back and forth to the computer company.

Hi there,

Has anyone had trouble getting refunds from My Cruise Photos/Shutters? We cruised at the end of March/early April.

I pre-paid for cruise photos (over $200 for our cruise). When we visited Shutters shortly after boarding, the rep there told us that our family was eligible for a promotion. My sister and her family were also cruising with us and we were planning many photos together, especially with our children together for grandparents and such. The gal told us we could buy one photo CD at full price and any addition would be 50% off.

We were totally jazzed. She then told us I had to cancel my pre-paid order and then re-purchase my CD. She wrote down everything and said she'd take care of it and our refund should post within two billing cycles. The cost of our "new" CD was posted to our on-board account, which we settled up the last night of our cruise.

It's been more than two months since we have gotten home and two billing cycles have passed. Still no refund...I sent a note to their website to inqure but haven't gotten a response yet.

Just wanted to see if anyone else had such a lengthy delay in getting their refund and if so, how was the situation resolved.

Thanks so much!
I work with a LOT of chargebacks on credit cards where I work and have dealt with many banks as well on refunds. My understanding is that a refund that is issued on a bank debit/credit card that is linked to a checking/savings account usually has to be refunded within 2-3 business days. A regular credit card, not associated with a checking/savings account, has 2-3 billing cycles. What you can do is contact your bank, see if there are any pending refunds, if there is not then file a dispute for the charge. Let them know that you have tried to work with them and they have yet to see your refund. Hope this helps, and GOOD LUCK!

Just wanted to post an update here...

Many, many thanks to everyone for all of their advice!

I contacted my bank to file a dispute for my debit card. Within 48 hours, my refund from the vendor posted. I did recieve a thoughtful reply from DCL, which "noted" my issue. Hopefully, this will not happen to other cruisers.

Just be aware if you do cancel a pre-paid package on board that you follow-up after you disembark to enusre you were refunded your money. I suspect many people would have just chalked it off and moved on, but for $200+, I fought the good fight and prevailed!

Thanks again to all of you for your advice and support. I am victorious!!!

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter