Refurbished rooms at POP Century, and ECV's.

Rista1313

Mouseketeer
Has anyone stayed at a refurbished room at POP Century, with an ECV yet? I'm wondering if they are able to fit in the room with the murphy bed down?

Thanks!

I believe there is someone around here who has reservations coming up fairly soon; hopefully they will get a redone room, and post some info (and maybe pix too!) and let us know how it went! :)

Still here. It fits perfectly fine. There’s a plug between the dresser and the.. coffee/fridge thing (I’ve no idea what it’s actually called) and room to do a 3-Point turn to back it in. I should mention that we’re also not using the second bed. I hope the photo worked!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 92

It should fit with the bed down as well, would just be harder to turn around in the room.

Still here. It fits perfectly fine. There’s a plug between the dresser and the.. coffee/fridge thing (I’ve no idea what it’s actually called) and room to do a 3-Point turn to back it in. I should mention that we’re also not using the second bed. I hope the photo worked!
Thanks for the pic! I have another question if you don’t mind. We are planning an upcoming trip to Pop and will have 2 ECVs and will be utilizing the 2nd bed at night. If we have the bed up, can we park and fit 2 ECVs in the room and then lower the bed for the evening alright do you think?

I don’t see why not.. there is also an area on the other side of the dresser that you may be able to maneuver into. I can’t say for sure, as we had our suitcase open there so I never tried (and we left yesterday so I can’t snap a picture). If need be you could possibly put one in the spot we talked about earlier and then back the second in right by the window.

Glad you could get an ECV in the room! How did you like the new rooms? From your photo it looks white and bland (and cheap fake wood) and a lot like a dorm room, not a Disney resort room. Is there more color someplace? I'm surprised the walls are pure white, no colorful trim even.

We stayed in one in October. It was beautiful. I HATE the cheap fake wood look and was actually hoping for a non-refurbed room. Disney actually took what in the description was to me a downgrade in the aesthetics of the room and made it look great. In November I stayed in an older room in the 50s. I had never stayed over there before. I LOVE the location and the theming of the 50s, especially Lady and Tramp, and I was satisfied with the room, but I look forward to when all of Pop is upgraded. I just hope the price doesn't go up too much.

Glad you could get an ECV in the room! How did you like the new rooms? From your photo it looks white and bland (and cheap fake wood) and a lot like a dorm room, not a Disney resort room. Is there more color someplace? I'm surprised the walls are pure white, no colorful trim even.

It was a bit bland, compared to the old rooms. I do prefer the cleaner look in general (and no carpeting is easier on the allergies), but was disappointed that they didn’t do more with the decor. Simple furniture I could see - it’s so much easier to update the look with new bedding or paintings. The theming seems to have been lost in the refurbished rooms. There’s a print of Mickey in 4 colors in a frame above the one bed, we never opened the Murphy to see what may be inside there. We were building 7 (80s) in a standard pool view. The sliding door into the sink area was nice, as was the door into the actual bathroom. I told my husband that we needed to get one of the shower heads, we really liked those :earboy2:.

Attachments

• 0884F376-5BF0-4CFC-AB2F-CEBDAF1A64AE.jpeg
    0884F376-5BF0-4CFC-AB2F-CEBDAF1A64AE.jpeg
    41.7 KB · Views: 30
noibn, thanks for the info - even if it makes me feel sad about my favorite resort ;) Sounds like they've gone white and bland, which is a shame. Glad that the uncarpeted flooring is better on allergies though!

noibn, thanks for the info - even if it makes me feel sad about my favorite resort ;) Sounds like they've gone white and bland, which is a shame. Glad that the uncarpeted flooring is better on allergies though!

And no carpeting helps with preventing bed bugs!

It was a bit bland, compared to the old rooms. I do prefer the cleaner look in general (and no carpeting is easier on the allergies), but was disappointed that they didn’t do more with the decor. Simple furniture I could see - it’s so much easier to update the look with new bedding or paintings. The theming seems to have been lost in the refurbished rooms. There’s a print of Mickey in 4 colors in a frame above the one bed, we never opened the Murphy to see what may be inside there. We were building 7 (80s) in a standard pool view. The sliding door into the sink area was nice, as was the door into the actual bathroom. I told my husband that we needed to get one of the shower heads, we really liked those :earboy2:.

One last question? Were you on an upper floor or 1st floor? Just wondering how the elevators are if we get a higher floor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!