Regarding Online ROOM reservations and extra payments

If when you make your original payment and it's for the entire room do they refund whatever is over the $200 or you're all set?

I was going to take advantage of the offer they have going on now and just wanted to double check.

Thanks!

I'm not sure I fully understand your question. Are you asking about the cancellation policy for 2011 reservations?

If you are, and you have a package booking for 2011:

*If you cancel 46 or more days prior to arrival, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid.

*If you cancel within 45 days of arrival, all monies paid, except for $200, will be refunded.

If you have a booking for 2010 dates of travel:

*If you cancel 46 or more days prior to arrival, you will receive a full refund of all monies paid.

*If you cancel between 8 and 45 days prior to arrival, all monies paid, except for $100, will be refunded.

*If you cancel within 7 days of arrival, all monies paid, except for $200, will be refunded.

The easiest way to figure out 45 days prior to arrival is to take a look at your balance due date. Your balance due date is 45 days prior to arrival.

If that doesn't answer your question, if you could clarify a bit for me, I'd be happy to try and help you further. :)

I always book our trip through AAA and make payments every month then when it is time for our trip it is payed

Hi all

I may be completely dumb but I don't understand one word of what you're going on about.

I've actually not looked into staying on site as we're planning on coming to WDW for 3 weeks next June which will be our first and only visit as we're so far away and it's so expensive to get there. Anyway, we decided on renting a private house for our stay but I've been thinking that it might be nice for the kids to have 2 or 3 days right at the beginning or right at the end of the trip just to give them that little bit extra Disney magic.

I don't know how to go about finding the cheapest way of doing this and don't really understand what you're all talking about as far as paying before you get there. I'd love to pay for as much as possible before we arrive.

Any thoughts would be gratefully appreciated.

thanks
Clueless!
Hello, I find that every time I book through the 407 W-Disney number, I have no problem paying off my stay before I arrive. It is nice to show up with one expense taken care of. Also, you can find rates as low as $69.00 a night at the Economy resorts. That would be All Star Movies, All Star Music, All Star Sports or Pop Century. Two standard beds, small table, TV, etc. 2-3 pools per resort and very nice especially for small children. My favorite is All Star Movies! I heard somewhere that they just refurbished Pop Century with new carpet, beds and TV's...good luck and have fun!

this is something really interesting and wonderful for me and my kids...thanks alot for this useful post and now i will for sure use the online reservation thing

I do room only and use online reservations. I always pay it off ahead of time. I send a payment by check to an address in Chicago. Sometimes I can pay it off in one payment sometimes I send several. If you want this address let me know. I don't have it handy right now but....:)

Disney resort provide really beautiful service of online reservations to the tourists. online reservation visitors have to pay extra money and they can get credit it back. really this is best facility for visitors to get luxurious services during their stay at resort. i like this idea very much for convenience of visitors.

I'm confused (which doesn't take much!)....so if I make a room only reservation I can't keep calling back the Disney Reservation Number and make payments? I was hoping to go after a AAA discount when they come out for 2012, and make monthly payments. I just started buying Disney Giftcards for the downpayment:)

I'm confused (which doesn't take much!)....so if I make a room only reservation I can't keep calling back the Disney Reservation Number and make payments? I was hoping to go after a AAA discount when they come out for 2012, and make monthly payments. I just started buying Disney Giftcards for the downpayment:)

For our trip in April 2009, we had a room only reservation and WERE able to make payments on it. Well, we made the down payment online equal to one night's stay, and then paid the rest of the amount either later that day or a few days later, so it technically was making payments. And if I remember correctly, I actually made the payments online and didn't have to call to make them.

For our trip in April 2009, we had a room only reservation and WERE able to make payments on it. Well, we made the down payment online equal to one night's stay, and then paid the rest of the amount either later that day or a few days later, so it technically was making payments. And if I remember correctly, I actually made the payments online and didn't have to call to make them.

Thank you for your quick response! It will be nice to have it paid off before we arrive. :thumbsup2

Just curious, why is this? Does anyone know the real reason? (That online reservations for rooms cannot be paid off in advance)

Just curious, why is this? Does anyone know the real reason? (That online reservations for rooms cannot be paid off in advance)

Not being able to pay off a room only reservation is no longer true! We had a room only reservation for a few weeks ago and I was able to pay it off before our trip. I simply called and paid it off. No problems, no cancellations/refunds. Everything was still in the system just as it should be when we got there (i.e. fully paid). So, if you want to pay off a room only reservation, just call the 1-800 number and tell the CM that you want to make a payment/pay off your reservation. They will take your credit card info and make the payment! Really easy.

Not being able to pay off a room only reservation is no longer true! We had a room only reservation for a few weeks ago and I was able to pay it off before our trip. I simply called and paid it off. No problems, no cancellations/refunds. Everything was still in the system just as it should be when we got there (i.e. fully paid). So, if you want to pay off a room only reservation, just call the 1-800 number and tell the CM that you want to make a payment/pay off your reservation. They will take your credit card info and make the payment! Really easy.

:thumbsup2

You definitely do have to call in, though. If you try to do it online, the option to make additional payments won't be there. :)

Well I wondered and I didn't want to doubt anyone but I thought for sure I had paid off our room in advance last year but to be truthful couldn't remember for sure? AP, so we always book online for room only. Now just waiting nervously:scared: for AP discount to come out in October?:rolleyes1:wizard:

I'm a bit confused on this. I booked a room-only reservation online directly through Disney. They only took my deposit, obviously. So I CAN'T make payments online? I was confused about this when I first booked it, so I called Disney and the rep told me that I could make payments online once the trip is a little closer (i.e.: 6 months out?) I don't know how accurate this is, but some of these posts are confusing me. Does this mean I'll have to call and make payments instead?

I'm a bit confused on this. I booked a room-only reservation online directly through Disney. They only took my deposit, obviously. So I CAN'T make payments online? I was confused about this when I first booked it, so I called Disney and the rep told me that I could make payments online once the trip is a little closer (i.e.: 6 months out?) I don't know how accurate this is, but some of these posts are confusing me. Does this mean I'll have to call and make payments instead?

It doesn't matter how you booked - online or on the phone. The online system will take the deposit payment ONLY.

You can make additional payments, but you have to call them in.

As with all things Disney this MAY change, or may have already. But that's been my experience. :)

I made a room only online, is it still true that i cannot call and make a additional payments?

Sorry for my question but I'm sooo lost!

I'd like to know if when reserving a room on the WDW web site, they only charge a deposit from my credit card, and we can later pay the rest in cash directly at the hotel.
I mean, once I have my reservation made using a credit card, can I pay in cash upon my arrival to the hotel, or they only accept credit cards?
Which is the amount the hotel will hold on my credit card until my arrival?

Thank you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!