Regarding the "Best Smells" segment this week

ChrisFL

Disney/Universal Fan and MALE
I knew there are, um, smellitzers or artificial smells on Main St. USA for the bakery or ice cream shop...and I'm fine with it.

The thing that has always bothered me is that I'm SURE there is also one near Mama Melrose's at DHS (near Muppets). I've been in that area and near that little Christmas Store way before the restaurant opened in the morning and smelled the same amazing italian food I do at other times. The smell is the same every time I've passed by there if I get a strong enough scent of it.

Has anyone else noticed the same thing in that area?

Sorry, @ChrisFL - didn't want to think you were being ignored. I have personally not smelled it. But that's to the best of my recollection, which stinks. I also don't remember a lot of smells other people wax poetic about - the Poly and Grand Floridian lobbies, Pirates, etc. And it's been, sadly, almost 6 years since I've been to WDW, but I promise to sniff hard and think of you when/if I get back to Studios, and that area! :)

Never smelled that, but I was surprised that they didn't mention the smells in FOP! My favorite is the cave scene. It's the best smell ever!

Sorry, @ChrisFL - didn't want to think you were being ignored. I have personally not smelled it. But that's to the best of my recollection, which stinks. I also don't remember a lot of smells other people wax poetic about - the Poly and Grand Floridian lobbies, Pirates, etc. And it's been, sadly, almost 6 years since I've been to WDW, but I promise to sniff hard and think of you when/if I get back to Studios, and that area! :)

Thanks SorcererHeidi :)

It may be possible with all of the changes in that area, it may no longer be happening...but I'm hoping I finally have some closure to this major question :p :p :p

I was really surprised nobody mentioned the popcorn smell right when you enter magic kingdom. Or did they? I can't remember.

WE have eaten at Mama Melrose's several times, and I do remember that great smell. So, you are not crazy! :) I love the smells of WDW, even if they are piped in. That's part of the experience for me.

Maybe it’s my nose jobs or just Not noticing, but I never smell much of anything at Disney

i love the smells in FOP, whatever that floral kind of smell is. I wish they sold candles in the gift shop of it.
between that and the lobby at AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter