Registering for kid's race?

Bucky1306

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!
I apologize if this has been asked&answered, but was unable to find a definitive answer so I thought I'd turn to the experts! :worship:
My husband and I have run the WDW Marathon and this year we are (hopefully!!) signing up for the Dopey. My question is, I also would like to register my son for the 100-meter dash. Does this require a separate registration process through active.com or will I be able to register him when I register either my husband or myself (I know our adult registrations have to be done one-at-a-time)? If it has to be done separately, a follow-up question on prioritizing? From my understanding, the challenges seem to fill up first, is that correct? So I should register my husband for Dopey, myself for Dopey, then my son for the 100-meter dash?
Any advice or help about this would be SO appreciated. :grouphug:
Thank you!!

You have to register your son separated but you can register him under your account. Definitely do both dopeys first then the 100m dash.

From the runDisney website:
runDisney Kids Races Age Groups

• 12 months and under - Diaper Dash for crawlers
  • 1-3 years old - 100m dash
  • 4-6 years old - 200m dash
  • 7-8 years old - 400m dash
  • One Mile Run - Open to all children 13 years old & under

Thank you!! We have a marathon here called the Flying Pig every year..my (just turned) 6 year old has been doing the kid's events for the past 2 years. I haven't seen anyone post about kids running at Disney before..this would be great for us!!

Have fun on your runs!!! :)

Flying Pig is supposed to be a blast! (But those hills!) I haven't seen much about the Kids Runs either, but I'm so excited :) Though there is a chance I'll miss the rest of my runs because I died from the cuteness of it all:rotfl2:

Flying Pig is supposed to be a blast! (But those hills!) I haven't seen much about the Kids Runs either, but I'm so excited :) Though there is a chance I'll miss the rest of my runs because I died from the cuteness of it all:rotfl2:
I don't do the full marathon..my sister does. Last year she only did the half--because she was 22 weeks pregnant lol. She still had better time than I could ever hope to have!

Please post a report after your time there!!! I would love to read it!

Speaking of registering for the Kids Runs, has anyone registered a yet to be born kid before? My son is due in June, and we want to do the diaper dash. Does anyone know how registration works for this, especially considering we haven't settled on a name yet?

Speaking of registering for the Kids Runs, has anyone registered a yet to be born kid before? My son is due in June, and we want to do the diaper dash. Does anyone know how registration works for this, especially considering we haven't settled on a name yet?
Last year I registered my son in April, but he wasn't born until August. I guessed on his gender and went with the name we were considering when I registered (both ended up being accurate), but did have to input a fake birthdate (I think I put the day before I registered as his date of birth which placed him in the appropriate age group). I probably could have waited to register him but was nervous it would fill up. I think the diaper dash will likely still be available in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter