Regular Dinning Plan: what can you get in place of?

myjourney

DIS Veteran
We are going to use the dinning plan for the first time as I have 2 small grandchildren and it will save us money. My questions are:
  1. If a TS or QS is left what can it be exchanged for in snack credits?
  2. What can we get at Goofy's candy shop in DS with snack credits?
  3. What happens if there is a technical glitch, do they charge it to the room or?
  4. Can the kids get milk in their free mug?
  5. Any tips that I should know about using DP?

1. Yes, you can exchange each for (typically) 3 snack credits. Generally suboptimal use of a TS credit, but better than not using it at all.
  2. Generally, any single-serving item. The customized "make your own" treats are sadly no longer available as snack credit items.
  3. I can't imagine a case where there'd be a glitch in the DDP system that wouldn't affect room charging as well; can't help you on this one, never had any experience with it.
  4. Nope. Coffee, tea, hot cocoa (from packets), and fountain beverages.
  5. Lots, that's what this sub-forum is for! Browse around and ask questions, otherwise it's hard to know where to start.

Thanks for the reply
I am guessing the carmel apples are not snack credit?
Does the QS exchange for 3 snack credits as well?
I was thinking of taking a picture of each receipt instead of keeping all the paper copies? Any better ways of keeping track?

I would try to keep up with your credits. We were overcharged at a QS lunch once and had to wait to get it verified since I lost the receipt and didn't catch it right as it happened.

Thanks for the reply
I am guessing the carmel apples are not snack credit?
Does the QS exchange for 3 snack credits as well?
I was thinking of taking a picture of each receipt instead of keeping all the paper copies? Any better ways of keeping track?

Caramel apples were a snack credit, but only the simple ones- not the ones with ears or anything fancy.

Taking a picture of the receipt should suffice add long as you can read the whole thing.

I second checking each receipt carefully. We once had 3 adult TS and 1 child TS meals deducted instead of 4 QS meals! The cashier didn't know how to fix it and had to call a manager, who had to call technical support.

They eventually got it back. Sought of. They put 4 adult TS meals back because they couldn't figure out how to add the child meal back.

Once they got that sorted, they then got really confused and refunded 4 QS credits instead of charging the meals they were supposed to.

We told the manager, and he looked at the receipt, laughed, and said, "keep it for the problems we made. "

Worked out as we had a cash QS we had planned for departure day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter