Rehitching ceremony at Garden Grille?

northwds

Mouseketeer
Our friends as celebrating their 25th anniversary with a trip to Disney. (Best part is they want us to go with them.....) My friends husband was interested in the rehitching offered at the Garden Grille as a surprise for his wife. Something she would NEVER think he would do.......she would be really surprised. He is very shy.

So, has anyone experienced this event? What happens? Isn't this a character buffet meal? Do the characters interact with the couple? Do you get something to show for the event? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Want to book a PS if it sounds good.

Only 21 days to go!!!

we have done the re-hitchin' ceremony twice. the waitperson is the preacher and does the ceremony. some people have been lucky enough to have some of the characters as "attendants" but we never have. the preacher asks the standard questions: do you take this man; do you take this woman....then you get to kiss!!! and they count to 100...you know like this: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100!! there is a cute certificate signed by mickey and minnie that you get. hope this helps! happy anniversary to your friends. BTW, when you all call dining and request this don't be surprised the CM does not know what you are referring to. just make sure it is noted on the reservations and when you check in for the meal be sure to mention it again. and yes this is a character meal.:tongue:

We did this also. I did it as a surprise for DH & the CM at check-in was very good about acknowledging it w/o tipping off DH. We also did not have the characters as attendants but I think it was because our waiter almost "forgot" about it. After getting the "hairy eye" from everyone else at the table - and the fact that we wouldn't leave - you could see the "light go on!" ;) We had so much character interaction that evening! Much more than on our other trip. Chip & Dale also paid a lot more attention to DH & I (instead of just the kids) so I'm pretty sure they knew about it.

The meal is "family style" not buffet. It is still all-you-care-to-eat just not serve yourself.

I have a scanned image of the certificate we got. If you would like to see it, PM me with your email address & I'll send it.

Oh - they also brought us a cake. We couldn't quite figure out what to do with the leftovers, though, as we were staying at AKL. All in all, it was nice but we'd have rather had the strawberry shortcake they were serving that night. (Sometimes people are given the option of both, but we weren't.)

I hope you all have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter