Rekindling the Romance...Disney, Feb 2010 PTR

misskate

Mouseketeer
Hi All!

This is my first PTR. I just stumbled upon the DIS last week and I'm loving reading everyone's PTRs and TRs. (I plan on going "live" when I'm there!) Let me give you a little background on our trip.

Basic Rundown:
Arrive Feb 4, 2010. We're staying at Port Orleans French Quarter. We're only at the World for a long weekend. We check out on Monday, Feb 8. (I'm self employed, so I don't have TOO much leeway. No work? No Pay! Plus we have a daughter who will be 9 months when we go away. She'll be with my parents and 6 nights is plenty...haha!) This is my husband's first trip and something like my 12th or 13th. My brother was a CM for 5 years, so we got to go pretty often on nice CM discounts. I haven't been to WDW since I was 13 (I'm 24, almost 25 now!). So much has changed...I can't wait!

Let's meet our cast of characters:
I'm Kate. I'm 24, but I will be 25 when we hit the World. I've been a Disney lover my whole life. My parents honeymooned at WDW when Epcot was having their Grand Opening Celebration. Us and the Mouse go way back. :) All my birthday parties were themed to whichever Disney movie came out most recently. In Elementary school, I was most proud to have seen Beauty and the Beast 7 times in the movie theater. Gotta love a Fairy Dust Family!! We mostly stayed offsite when I was younger. We had a time share at Orange Lake for a long time. We camped once at Fort Wilderness and hit ASMu once. Loved them both. This is my first time at POFQ. I can't wait!!

Next is my DH, Dave. He's 25, but will be 26 when we arrive.
He has never been to the World. (He has 5 brothers and sisters, so big vacations just weren't possible growing up!) He is just learning to love to travel and I KNOW he will love WDW as much as I do. I see a future in the DVC for us! He's up for anything and is mostly excited to get away. (This will in fact be only his second time flying.)

selftimer-1.jpg

Us on our honeymoon in Pawley's Island, SC in March of 2007. We really haven't changed much since then!

This is Rory, the Queen of the Castle. She's 5 months old currently. She'll be 1 in May. She is getting lots of Disney paraphanelia for Christmas. In fact, Rory's big girl room is going to have a WDW theme. She won't be hitting the world until she is 3 or 4 at least, but we can't wait to take our first family trip to WDW!! (There probably won't be anymore characters in our cast, so we are planning already!)
roryfall1.jpg

I'm planning to blog about ADR's, day to day plans, discoveries, surprises for DH, etc. I'll also be posting insights into WDW from my students. (I'm a dance teacher.) They LOVE to give me advice and most sentences start like this "Miss Kate! When you are at Disney World, you HAVE to..."

I read everyone's PTR's and I realize...I'm not as overplanned as I thought. IN FACT. I'm rather underplanned. Here is my itinerary, as of right now. Lots of holes!

Thursday: Plane lands at 10:30. Either ME or Towncar service to POFQ. (Suggestions there?) Hopefully, we'll be able to check in to our room, if not, we'll stow our luggage with the Bell Desk. We're heading to AK on day one, because from what I hear, it doesn't require an entire day of touring. (Remember, we're hitting all the parks in 4 days!) We'll grab CS for lunch, either at POFQ or AK, then do AK all day. We need a TS restaurant for dinner. Any AK restaurants you recommend? I hear BOMA at AKL is fantastic. Thoughts?

Friday: Up early to (hopefully) be at MK for rope-drop. We're spending the WHOLE day at MK. No questions asked. I had planned on Crystal Palace for dinner, but it will be closed for rehab while I am there. Any other TS (NOT CRT!) you suggest at MK? Near MK? Easy to get to and from MK? We want to be back for Spectromagic and Wishes.

Saturday: Up early again to be at Epcot for rope drop. We'll be doing 2 TS meals this day, I think. We want to do Tutto Italia AND Coral Seas. I can't decide. We have the TS/CS dining plan, but I might upgrade. It's all so confusing! Ugh. haha We'll be hanging around Epcot for Illuminations.

Sunday: Rope drop at DHS We're doing Prime Time Cafe for lunch as our TS and then grabbing CS for dinner. We'll be at DHS as long as we want, then heading back to MK, I'm sure.

I have no idea what the final plans are. I need to get going on these plans!

Okay. My last post? Incredibly wrong.

Back story? My husband and I bonded instantly before we were dating over our love of one thing: the Pittsburgh Steelers. We are both STILLERS through and through. Our basement is painted in black and gold stripes. Rory had a jersey before she had a Christening gown. Ben, Troy and Willie are on a first name basis around this house. We are, admittedly, obsessed fans. (AND WORLD CHAMPIONS!)

Anyone remember the dates of my trip? Anyone? Anyone?

Sunday, February 7th.

aka...SUPERBOWL SUNDAY.

Now, I am not unrealistic. I understand there's only a 1 in 16 chance that the Steelers will be there again this year. No problem for me, if they aren't there, I'd be perfectly happy shopping, riding rides and eating! Not so much for my husband. Even though he approved our travel dates weeks ago, there's a problem now. We have next to no time at WDW it will fly by, but we are going to spend all Sunday evening at the ESPN Zone watching the game. (Well Dave is. I will probably be at DTD shoping and trying out WPE!)

So, needless to say, I've had to redo our entire itinerary. Here's what I've got so far...

Thursday, Feburary 4th:
Arrive, Check in, Grab snack
Animal Kingdome: CS late lunch
Hoop De Doo Review late dinner (9:30 seating, probably)

Friday, Feburary 5th:
Rope Drop at MK
CS Lunch: Casey’s, Cosmic Ray’s, Pecos Bill’s, etc.
Dinner at Tony’s

Saturday, February 6th:
Rope Drop at EPCOT
CS Lunch: World Showcase?
Dinner at O'Hana or Boma

Sunday, February 7th:
Rope Drop at DHS
TS Lunch at 50’s Prime Time Café
Head to Boardwalk and DTD, ESPN Zone for dinner

I can start making our ADRs on Oct 27th. Not sure when I'll know park hours. I will have to play around with days and dinners when I do know. Frustrating!

I just got off the phone with Disney! I upgraded us to the DxDDP. Upon making our plan for our ADR's and things, I realized we wanted to do 2 2 credit TS meals and 1 Character experience. By upgrading to DxDDP, we can eat all 3 meals at sit down restaurants should we chose, just one a day, 2 a day, whatever. We don't have to feel limited! And, I'm sure, in a few years we'll be back down with Rory and want to do more CS meals since she'll be eating off kids menus and wanting to RIDE RIDE RIDE.

Makes sense! :)

Here's our list of place we hope to eat:

BOMA for Breakfast
Hoop De Doo Revue
California Grille
The Plaze
Tony's
Coral Reef
50's Prime Time
Yak and Yeti

We're jamming it all in and planning on packing extra wide pants. :)

Suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!