Relocating a portion of the Tomorrowland Speedway track for the New Tron Ride?

Polybound

Mouseketeer
Not sure if or when it will actually be built, but to allow for the expected massive crowds whenever it does open, I was wondering if they were going to have to relocate a portion of the Tomorrowland Speedway track to widen and expand the existing sidewalk on the East side of the track and next to Space Mountain. I know it wont be done, but some sort bridge over the Railroad track would seem to make since as well.

Last edited:
Depends on how the queue is built.

It could be designed (like many) where the entrance to the queue is located in a more "open"
area, and the actual "lines" snake through a longer path that can be located in a less wide area.

Depends on how the queue is built.

It could be designed (like many) where the entrance to the queue is located in a more "open"
area, and the actual "lines" snake through a longer path that can be located in a less wide area.

I'm sure they don't want crowds to bottleneck in front of Space Mountain and a wide bridge over the railroad track seems to make since. However, seeing an 1840's vintage train go by while in tommorwland heading to Tron, seems to detract from the ambiance and defeat Walt's plan.

The speedway is supposed to remain relatively the same other than a possible update to the attraction itself.

didn't they also bring over tokyo disneyland's grand circuit cars in preparation for the refurb? i wonder what they're being used for... a double-capacity speedway would be nice

I believe that the actual Tron attraction load/unload will be elevated and the queue will be as well. In Shanghai this is all about 30' above ground and lots of stuff under it.

I believe that the actual Tron attraction load/unload will be elevated and the queue will be as well. In Shanghai this is all about 30' above ground and lots of stuff under it.

That's what I'm assuming as well, and the concept art has that appearance as well, but can't base stuff off concept art too much but imagine it'd be the same.
Though I wouldn't mind a reworking of the Speedway track, and hopefully a retheme. Find the path to be pretty basic and boring. especially compared to the other Autopia attractions.

Considering they probably will need to shut down the Speedway (and the railroad) while Tron is being built, I would think they would take the time to update/retheme that monstrosity (size-wise) of an attraction. At least make them more modern looking cars and electric based at least.

Considering they probably will need to shut down the Speedway (and the railroad) while Tron is being built, I would think they would take the time to update/retheme that monstrosity (size-wise) of an attraction. At least make them more modern looking cars and electric based at least.
that is my assumption as well, at the point they get heavy into building Tron, it will probably shut down the speedway and hopefully they take that time to update what needs to be done there as well.

Mmmm...watching the tron ride with exhaust fumes.
Plus second hand smoke ;)

I know there is next to no chance, but it would be cool if the people mover was able to take advantage of the new ride in some way.
I would think they'll elevate the entrance, and somehow create a tunnel for the speedway. You must also get across the railroad tracks. Maybe you get a new combined exit with Space mountain with a co-themed gift shop.
The problem I see is that space mountain exit and queue go under the tracks. I don't see them being able to manage that at this point with Tron.

Mmmm...watching the tron ride with exhaust fumes.
I think the go karts at the speedway are no worse than what you breathe sitting in traffic. Personally it’s never bothered me nearly as much as walking by a smoking area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!