Remaining 2008 trips

anitapita

Earning My Ears
Has anyone checked the rates on the remaining 2008 trips - London, Australia, and Backstage Magic? Just wondering how the prices are...

haven't checked, but wondering the same thing. Do we know if they generally do a close-out sale?

We are booked on a less exp. ABD for 09 with an eye toward adding a second trip later in the year if discounts are offered (and of course, if bonus is earned, etc ;) )

Has anyone checked the rates on the remaining 2008 trips - London, Australia, and Backstage Magic? Just wondering how the prices are...

This is interesting...are the prices dropped at a certain point? I figured they would just cancel the trip if there were not enough people, or go with what they had if they met their quota for the number in the tour. I think I would be a bit upset if I knew I paid a certain amount but someone got a discount...although it's a risk to wait I guess too. Is this like they do with cruises - last minute bookings are cheaper? I never really thought about waiting on an ABD tour - I was so concerned about getting the Early Booking Discount! I also did not expect the economy to be so horrible...:confused3

We booked Southwest Splendors for June 16.

We would love to add a fall Ireland trip. That was one this year that they started offering the airline credit on.

However, we are also planning to do Galapagos in 2010, so that was another reason to go less costly in 09. So it would have to be a pretty good discount to add a fall trip too. Still, I can dream!

I have never heard of them dropping prices at the end of the season. They do typically run sales on the trips that don't sell out in the spring (March/April), with discounts roughly equivalent to early booking--but I have never seen last minute discounts on tours. These discounts usually only cover 3-4 destinations though.

If you see any kind of sale like this--make sure to let the rest of us know!!!!

Turtlemom

I was sorry to hear (from our guide) that they stopped giving discounts out for future Adventures. It would have been a good selling point to use with my husband to possibly book a second trip while we were still in the afterglow from the the first one, but I guess Disney has decided it wasn't worth there while. Maybe they are getting enough newbies that they aren't as concerned about repeat business.:confused3

Beansf,
Your guide told you no discount for repeat ABD trips???? We went on Southwest Splendors this August and we got a $100 per person "loyalty discount" when we booked Quest for the West this upcoming august. Its not a lot, but every bit helps. . . .
Did they stop with the loyalty discount? That would be a shame.

We also booked through Costco--which puts you straight through to ABD, but you get a Costco gift card upon your return of up to $500, depending on the cost of your trip. This also helps a little bit. . . .

Turtlemom :confused3

Beansf,
Your guide told you no discount for repeat ABD trips???? We went on Southwest Splendors this August and we got a $100 per person "loyalty discount" when we booked Quest for the West this upcoming august. Its not a lot, but every bit helps. . . .
Did they stop with the loyalty discount? That would be a shame.

We also booked through Costco--which puts you straight through to ABD, but you get a Costco gift card upon your return of up to $500, depending on the cost of your trip. This also helps a little bit. . . .

Turtlemom :confused3

Yes, our guide said they discontinued the loyalty discount, although he disagreed with their decision and would have liked to see us get it. Oh well, I guess $200 wouldn't make that much difference to us on most of these trips anyway.

No way - we booked in August, and got the loyalty discount for our trip next August. I wonder if they have made a change since then...

I have a feeling that what was dropped was, when I was on my ABD in May, there was an offer of a percentage (like 10%) off if I booked another ABD within 10 days. Since the 2009 dates weren't out yet, that would mean booking another 2008 trip. While I would have *loved* that, ain't going to happen.

I was hoping to get that offer again next year, as I'm not traveling until September, and the 2010 dates should be out by then...

Sayhello

We just got back from Peru a week ago, and in our welcome bag there was a small card which offered us $100 off per person on our next ABD trip, but we had to book by Nov. 30/08....well, just booked Southwest Splendours for July next year, and was able to use both the coupon and the Early Booking Discount...woo-hoo!

My TA said that they were still offering loyalty discounts, but they have time limits on them. I don't know if they are tied to when you return from your trip or not, however.

We just got back from Peru a week ago, and in our welcome bag there was a small card which offered us $100 off per person on our next ABD trip, but we had to book by Nov. 30/08....well, just booked Southwest Splendours for July next year, and was able to use both the coupon and the Early Booking Discount...woo-hoo!

Wow, there wasn't anything in our welcome bag that offered a discount and we just got back a week ago, too.

Wow, there wasn't anything in our welcome bag that offered a discount and we just got back a week ago, too.

It was in the little mesh pouch on the end. The code is VIP09...I'm sure you would be able to use it also....it just has to be booked by Nov. 30/08

I didn't have a card with a loyalty discount either, but I just asked the ABD agent about it since I had heard about it on the DIS boards.--She verified that we had just returned from Southwest Splendors in August and applied it to our upcoming Quest for the West trip next August, no questions asked.

Hopefully, they will do the same for you--regardless of whether you have the special code or not. Once you have done an ABD, you are "in the system", so they should be able to look up your information. I wasn't aware of a time limit.

Good luck!

Turtlemom

Sounds a bit similar to DCL on board booking. You get 10% off plus 200 bucks on board credits as long as you book on the ship... Thanks to that I booked my Baltic Cruise for 2010.... The 10% off helps A LOT...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter