REMINDER: Keep your stuff close

HopperFan

"It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."
Being at Disney doesn’t make your stuff safe!!!

Here now, very crowded and people are leaving stuff unattended.

Family next to me talking to management -
2 strollers were emptied of everything. Kids souvenirs, Minnie ears, magicBands - everything.

Leave nothing! you want to keep.

Last edited:
Oh no.......I always wondered how often items are taken from the parked strollers or even strollers taken :guilty:

Every trip we are here, multiple times we come across situations of stolen items from stroller or purses picked of wallets in lines. Odds are that it happens way more, I’m not that lucky.

Today at AK big police presence out front including an undercover being “prepared” I assume to test the security system from what they were doing. Or he was packing in a strange way.

Being Disney doesn’t make your stuff safe!!!

2 strollers were emptied of everything. Kids souvenirs, Minnie ears, magicBands - everything.

Aren't there cameras everywhere? They have to be able to track down the culprits, who should be arrested and banned for life from Disney properties.

It’s sad- but you need be diligent. When we went in August it was amazing at the security lines how some families looked as if they were moving into parks. Bringing so much stuff in. Then seeing strollers overloaded-

Right now there is a thread on the family forum - people were talking about using strollers to carry stuff around. If it’s of value take it with you!

Disney is just like any other place. Also it is your responsibility to keep valuables safe!

That's a shame and it's unfortunate this is the world we live in today.

I think many people don't even think about protecting everything they bring into the parks as they get caught up in being at Disney or they just believe their items will be safe.

I know I always carry a backpack and when I'm standing in line I take the backpack off my shoulders and hold it in front of me just to be on the safe side so nobody can try to unzip my bag. Shame it's gotta be like that but I rather be safe than sorry.

I have no doubt it happens. I guess luckily enough for us, we've never encountered this...either personally or saw someone talking to a CM about it.

We leave stuff in our stroller all the time, or our beach chairs at the water parks, but it's nothing of any value. If someone wants a few dollar store ponchos, sunscreen, or a peanut butter sandwich that badly, they can have it. The most "valuable" things we ever leave may be a small souvenir here or there.

Yeah, don't leave valuables...not just at WDW, but anywhere.

I have no doubt it happens. I guess luckily enough for us, we've never encountered this...either personally or saw someone talking to a CM about it.

We leave stuff in our stroller all the time, or our beach chairs at the water parks, but it's nothing of any value. If someone wants a few dollar store ponchos, sunscreen, or a peanut butter sandwich that badly, they can have it. The most "valuable" things we ever leave may be a small souvenir here or there.

Yeah, don't leave valuables...not just at WDW, but anywhere.

Same for us. We've been lucky so far. Although I do try to hide items in plastic store bags under our pile of clothes if we've purchased something. Other than that it's just an extra outfit for each kid, snacks and waters. The bottom basket dos fill up quickly though and we probably look like one of those crazy over packed families at security. But I promise we need it all for the just in case. It possible the mess under our stroller is so daunting that we are scaring off any would be thieves : )

eeesh. We are past the stroller stage but when we used them and had them parked, we often left bags (not purses) on them .. semi covered or hidden but in no way safe from theft. eesh. I suppose we were lucky because we never lost anything...

Aren't there cameras everywhere? They have to be able to track down the culprits, who should be arrested and banned for life from Disney properties.
This is VERY hard to do practically. The thief can easily say, "Oh, so sorry. We have almost identical things! I'm tired. I'm completely sure these were my things." You can't really argue with that unless someone's name or personally identifiable information is attached securely to the stolen property.

Being Disney doesn’t make your stuff safe!!!

I feel for them... but not everyone is honest. I wouldn't leave anything unattended that I wasn't ok with losing.

That's a shame and it's unfortunate this is the world we live in today.

I think many people don't even think about protecting everything they bring into the parks as they get caught up in being at Disney or they just believe their items will be safe.

I know I always carry a backpack and when I'm standing in line I take the backpack off my shoulders and hold it in front of me just to be on the safe side so nobody can try to unzip my bag. Shame it's gotta be like that but I rather be safe than sorry.
I also keep my backpack in front of me in line. I also don't put anything other than a water bottle, snacks and a map in the main compartment. All the important stuff is in the zipped pocket against my back.

nothing was taken (we only left bottled water, handi wipes, tissues), but first trip to WDW with my daughter, son in law and 3 year old grand daughter, we come off a ride and the look of pure panic on my SIL's face when the stroller was not where he left it! Having read here on the DIS that CMs move strollers all the time I knew what happened but he did not. look on his face was priceless, he was sure it had been stolen. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

eeesh. We are past the stroller stage but when we used them and had them parked, we often left bags (not purses) on them .. semi covered or hidden but in no way safe from theft. eesh. I suppose we were lucky because we never lost anything...

99% of the time it's ok so it's not really luck. Most people are good but a few of them suck and mess it up for everyone .

eeesh. We are past the stroller stage.

I kind of miss the stroller, there are 5 of us and we split the bottled water (8-10 bottles) up between the 3 bags/backpacks. was a lot easier when the water was in the bottom of the stroller. :-)

If they can't be clearly identified (hat/ hoodie/ scarf covering their face or if they're simply facing down for example), or if they've already left the park by the time it's been reported then there isn't much anyone can do with the cameras.

Since it hasn't happened to you, you don't know how you'll react, but for me and many others, once you have had something that was *yours* stolen, you realize that it's really really really rotten to have something of yours taken. Doesn't actually matter what the value is.

It possible the mess under our stroller is so daunting that we are scaring off any would be thieves : )

Nah. While it was 'land not 'world, we had a newly purchased pirate hat stolen from under an old ratty sweatshirt. Purposeful thieves and little unsupervised kids will go for anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter