Remy Truffle Menu?

JayhawkCruiser

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if Remy still offers their seasonal Truffle menu? I originally saw a post about this special offering a few years ago but haven’t noticed any Disney posts about it recently and since we’ll be on the Fantast this December when it might be in season I thought I’d ask here.

I'm fairly certain they have it whenever they are in season. It was offered on our Dream cruise last December. You can order a full menu with truffles in each dish, or just have them added to one of your selections (much less expensive that way, and it was a pretty generous portion).

I had it in February of this year. It was fantastic, worth every penny (and it was a lot of pennies!). My husband got one of the regular menus, and we split it.

I've had Remy once and it was the truffles. it really is the best meal ever. And the most food I've had at one time

what is this? it sounds amazing!
During truffle season, they are available as an add-on to menu items. They will have a special menu where each course is enhanced with truffles (quite expensive). Or you can choose to add truffles to an item on one of the regular (French or American) menus (still pricey but much less so). If you are interested in this, the chef will be happy to provide recommendations as to which items would pair best with the truffles.

During truffle season, they are available as an add-on to menu items. They will have a special menu where each course is enhanced with truffles (quite expensive). Or you can choose to add truffles to an item on one of the regular (French or American) menus (still pricey but much less so). If you are interested in this, the chef will be happy to provide recommendations as to which items would pair best with the truffles.

Okay so sounds like they do it a little different now then from what I saw in a DCL blog post a few years ago which made it sound like it was a separate dinner.
Now to our truffle menu, offered seasonal from November through February. I can think of no better way to celebrate truffle season than with the addition of this premium menu. Remy’s truffle collection includes white Alba and black Périgord truffles, and the rich flavors of this luxurious ingredient are infused throughout the six-course menu.

Exquisite dishes such as gnocchi potato served with a truffle puree and garnished with grated truffle, fresh Maine lobster coupled with lobster bisque and truffle-seasoned Parisian fried potatoes and seared Wagyu beef over truffle glazed baby vegetables are followed by a selection of refined cheeses and a sweet indulgence
.”

Or at least it seemed different since I don’t recall gnocchi or Maine lobster being on either the French or American menus the few times I’ve dinned at Remy the last 2 years.

I have had the truffle add on many times, the most recent in January of this year. Generally the black or the white truffles are in season, and you can add them to either the french or the american menu for dinner. As folks have said you can add them to the whole menu, or even just one course. We happened to do Remy brunch and dinner this last cruise, and I added truffles to one of the courses for brunch. If you are a truffle fan, I highly recommend trying them at Remy. They were delicious. YUM, YUM, YUM

Does anyone know if Remy still offers their seasonal Truffle menu? I originally saw a post about this special offering a few years ago but haven’t noticed any Disney posts about it recently and since we’ll be on the Fantast this December when it might be in season I thought I’d ask here.

DH and I were offered the special truffle menu on our Dream sailing, early January 2016. My only advice is to make sure you understand the extra $$ amount. When we were there they did quite a presentation with the special truffle cloche made to smell the truffle aroma (the cloche has an opening at the top). At that time each course was a $75 upgrade as I recall, or they had a slightly better pricing for the entire meal to be "truffle enhanced". As much as I love truffles, I found the amount of truffles to be a tad much on my course I chose. And our meal was very, very expensive. If you are a true truffle conossieur, you will probably be delighted. :cutie:

We've tried it twice: once last year and once a couple years before that. The first time was amazing with the special truffle menu that included caviar. The second time was a bit underwhelming with truffle added to one dish. The second time, the truffle flavor and aroma didn't come through despite a liberal amount of truffle shavings. Make sure the aroma is there when they present the truffles to you before cooking.

We've tried it twice: once last year and once a couple years before that. The first time was amazing with the special truffle menu that included caviar. The second time was a bit underwhelming with truffle added to one dish. The second time, the truffle flavor and aroma didn't come through despite a liberal amount of truffle shavings. Make sure the aroma is there when they present the truffles to you before cooking.

When we had it 2 years ago January, there was no caviar, and I was not overly impressed with the truffles and I do love the flavor truffles bring to a dish, if done well. Perhaps the truffles we had were more like your 2nd experience. What I do remember is that it was $75/course pp. Glad to say we have tried it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter