Renaissance Hotel Hollywood

HeatherinNC

Mouseketeer
We booked 2 nights here for the LA part of our trip. The reviews on Trip Advisor are very good, but I'd like some opinions from you guys. Is it family friendly?? Just like to hear anything you have to say!

Thanks!

It is a lovely and well run hotel and is part of the Marriot chain. It is clean and interesting to look at. I think it is geared more towards young couples and business travellers, but a family would be fine there as well.

Thanks for the great info. We're staying here as well in August after we leave Disneyland. The hotel sounds fantastic! I can't wait!!

This is one of my favourite hotels for many reasons. You can not beat the location, and if you get a suite on one of the higher floors the view is amazing.

The lifts are incredibly fast, and the staff are friendly. The pool and foyer are also nice.

If you happen to have a function the ball room is very spacious.

My only downside to the hotel is the breakfast. Its expensive for what you get. But no worries there are cafes very close by.

A few years ago I was there and Billy Ray Cyrus was checking in/out, in front of us and his credit card declined.

I stayed there last year for 2 weeks...it was incredible! The location cannot be beat (you're right next to the Kodak theatre and the shops at hollywood and vineland). Try to sneak into the pool at the Hollywood Roosevelt. TONS of parties are held there, and I snuck into one last year and met and talked to a bunch of stars (Scarlett Johannsen, Summer and Seth from the OC, Lindsay Lohan bumped into my shoulder). They all thought I was so cute! :teeth:

We just returned from two nights there. I would agree that it is more geared toward business travelers as there was a huge convention during our stay and all we saw was people with name badges on for various companies but it didn't interfere with our stay at all. It just made for a crowded elevator at times! The hotel itself was comfortable, spacious and immaculate. The beds and pillows were the best although only doubles. There are no balconies but we had a huge window overlooking Franklin St, the hills and of course the famous sign. We didn't use the pool but did get a look at it on the 5th floor with views of the city/mall/sign.

We had a room on the 18th floor with a view of the Hollywood sign. It was awesome. My daughter is a Hollywood fanatic and she loved every minute of it. Except maybe walking down to Vine to see the stars on the sidewalk. It got pretty seedy and rundown the further we got from Highland. The mall there has great restaurants and snack shops. We went to see Cars at the El Capitan across the street. They have a little extra show plus the theatre is very nice. As was mentioned the Kodak theatre is attached and there are tours of it. Also you can see movies at Mann's and the forecourt with all the footprints is practically connected to the mall by an escalator. The corner block has a Wax museum, a Guinness museum and a Ripley's. Everything was soooo close.

Thank you so much for posting about your stay. I am the Hollywood fanatic in our family. I requested a view of the sign, I really, really hope we get it! I'll keep in mind your advice about the seedier areas. I am determined to see Marilyn Monroe's star on the Walk of Fame, do you remember seeing it and if so, was it in one of the seedier areas?
Again, thanks for posting and if you have any pics and can post them, I'd LOVE to see them!

You're very welcome! Just remember to tell them about the view you want again when you check in. They had us in a different room on the 15th floor and I said I really really really wanted to be able to see the sign from our room so he changed us and said it was the best room in the house! Not sure if that was true exactly but it was pretty awesome! You can also see the sign from lots of places in the mall. Right next to California Pizza Kitchen on the 2nd floor is a little jut out area where you can take good pics.

I do remember seeing MM's star but not exatly where. You can go to hollywoodchamber.net and put in whoever you want to find and it will tell you their star's location. My husband really wanted to see Jimmy Stewart's star but we didn't find out until after that it was down Vine. Even though we had walked down to Vine we didn't actually walk both sides of the street itself! If you go west toward LaBrea you will see where the stars begin with a little statue of sorts (it looked like a phone booth to me!). There were The Beatles, Elvis and some other biggie that I can't remember at the moment.

Believe it or not I haven't even developed my pics yet and unfortunately I'm not very technologically advanced enough to know how to post them but if I ever figure it out I'll let you know!

Thanks so much for telling me to request the view again when we get there. I know there are no guarantees but I never would have thought to ask them at check in, hopefully it will work!

I'd LOVE to see the Beatles star too. That would be almost as incredible to me as MM's!

I don't know how to post pics either, and right now we are "in between" camera's. But I guarantee we will have one before the trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter