Renaissance vs. all the other 'Official' Sea World Hotels

Amysita

Mouseketeer
How come Renaissance is, in several cases almost twice as much money than the other 'official' hotels??? Am I missing something that makes them worth so much more extra money? The only reason they're even on my radar is they appear to be an easy walking distance should I miss a shuttle to or from & didn't want to wait for the next one to come along. But, for just that, it isn't worth the extra money...but if there are perks I'm just missing with all my reading...that make it worth it, I might reconsider.

Also, along the same lines, since I will be relying on the free shuttles, how often do they run? If I miss a shuttle, how long (on average) before the next one comes along? If it makes a difference on the answer, I plan to go the last week of the 'off' season, the week before Memorial weekend.

Renaissance is a Marriott brand that generally includes amenities favored by certain travelers who are willing to pay more for them, such as on-site fine dining, valet, bellhops, etc. There are no extra perks associated with SeaWorld, other than location.

I’ve never used the free shuttles from any of the official partner hotels. Hopefully, someone can answer those questions for you.

Renaissance is a four star hotel with a stunning atrium lobby with great little seating areas, aquariums, heated towels at the pool, cushy loungers, a water area for kids, and all else that is typical of a four star hotel (business services and restaurants). It is stunning and lovely and a step above the other perfectly nice places. The Hilton Garden Inn SeaWorld is very close by and a good choice for a less expensive option. I've stayed and both and was really happy with both experiences. I'm not sure about things now, but back when I stayed there the Renaissance charged for both parking and internet too, while those sorts of thing are included at the Hilton Garden Inn.

On my next stay (not walking distance), but it's a quick uber ride, I am staying at the Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld (it's been recently remodeled and includes a free breakfast and has the kitchenette.

On my next stay (not walking distance), but it's a quick uber ride, I am staying at the Marriott Residence Inn SeaWorld (it's been recently remodeled and includes a free breakfast and has the kitchenette.

Depending on your health, and understanding that each person and each family has different opinions on what is "walking distance", it is not a bad walk from the Residence Inn over to SeaWorld. It is about 1.1 miles and it is sidewalk all the way. You can use crosswalks and cross lights at all the major intersections. Definitely tougher if you have a large group with small kids that require strollers and lots of bags, or if you plan on being in the park all day and are wiped out when leaving at the end of the day.

Thank-you Floir...the Residence being 1.1 miles puts the whole map into better perspective. While 1.1 miles at the end of an exhausting day may be a bit much...it looks like the Hilton Garden is about half way in between...so should be around a half mile walk, which sounds much more reasonable. A LOT more reasonable than spending an extra $600 to stay at Renaissance just to get 1/3 of a mile closer. I can take that $600 and do a couple of tours, dine w/ shamu AND some photo packages...it will go a long way to have special experiences @ the parks, which is what I would rather spend my money on.

The Renaissance really is a great hotel - supposedly only 4* but better than a lot of 5* hotels I've stayed at. On our last trip to Orlando, we actually preferred the hotel to the poly and HRH at Universal. Lovely big comfortable rooms, great staff, loved the atrium, and so convenient for SeaWorld if you are doing a few days there (we did multiple days at SW, DC and Aquatica). The waterpark area is also very good for younger kids (my son was 9, and really loved it, although older kids maybe not as much).

Not sure I would pay a lot extra to stay there though. Up to $50 a night extra is all I would pay, but no more than that.

We absolutely love the Renaissance and have stayed there on most of our trips. It is so convenient to be able to walk back and forth from the park to the hotel. We have also stayed at the Residence Inn on one trip and it was fine. We drove and parked on that trip, but Uber would be a great way to get back and forth. I do not think you can go wrong with either one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!