RENDEZVOUS AT THE FORT - The Fort Wilderness DISMeet Trip Report October 2020

Puppet%20Corn_zpsqjqwfx37.gif

So a little work on it this morning. I think I got a bad puzzle tho. Only had one bag of pieces, seems like I am missing some. DW says I am not, but not so sure.....

122954497_3666392883382334_7884377243155179297_o.jpg

Ok, It's been a week since the trip and things are getting back normal (well 2020 normal anyway) and I have one question....

Why has this 1 week lasted longer than the 2 weeks I was at the Fort?:confused3
I think that's the difference between "Disney Time" 🤩 (or Vacay Time) and "Domestic Bliss Lifestyle" Time 😩.

And to add injury to insult, don't forget to set your clocks back an hour this Saturday so you can experience your Domestic Bliss Lifestyle for an hour longer this week.

One last thought on the Rendezvous at the Fort: The Fort Wilderness DISMeet. We've reached the 30k views milestone.

We reached 30,000+ views on our Trip Report thread and I thoroughly enjoyed meeting (some again) each of the 14 campsites involved in our DISMeet, seeing TheRustyScupper again in fine form with DW by his side, and meeting new names and faces that I will hopefully see again some time. The 30k count tells me that there were many people following along at home wherever they may be to hear about the comradery and fellowship that was taking place.

I'm sure not the oldest guy on the DIS Camping board but I am happy with the way the DISMeet turned out. I've seen a lot on the DIS Camping Board over the last 20+ years and I am bursting with pride at how it turned out. It was gratifying to see this group come together with not only each other but also for Give Kids The World and also the Cast Member Kitchen that was helping the WDW employees who required assistance at this time of being released from furlough.

My last night in 1100 when everyone except Arc had left for home (and he wasn't feeling well) I sat outside watching football as I often do. I'm an outside guy - I've slept on the ground hundreds of nights in my life and although the ground is not as SOFT as it once was, I admit I still love the outdoors. And I like to look up and admire the night sky.

20201017_212946.jpg

This was the last night of the DISMeet at the Fort for me. Looking over towards the Wilderness Lodge and Transportation & Ticket Center with their always-on lights. I've seen this view doing training runs on Wilderness Way to WL at 4am back during my Marathon days. There is a light at the end of the tunnel like there is a dawn coming in this picture.

Thank you so much. See you in June at Pigeon Forge.

Ed

PS - and I am going to hang in this thread long enough to see PaHunter FINISH his puzzle (with maybe a little help from his DW :rolleyes1 )

Last edited:
Well my final Disney purchase is done.

122995963_3669588676396088_8720158867501953403_o.jpg

1000 piece puzzle that DW and I put together. Now to preserve it and then find a way to mount and hang it. Would have been easier if it was square, but what fun would that be.

oops, managed to forget to hit post reply again last night. We finished last night and as I am reading Ed's post I am like I am done, what....my bad, operator error. Maybe I am getting older....

oops, managed to forget to hit post reply again last night. We finished last night and as I am reading Ed's post I am like I am done, what....

Uh huh, PaHunter. ::yes:: I got your post beat by 9-10 minutes. I bet you were snapping in the last few pieces as I typed my post just above.

my bad, operator error. Maybe I am getting older....

Join the club, my brother. Here is our future:

giphy.gif

tiggerdad may laugh at us but he will be here soon. < Do they even HAVE escalators in MS? >

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Well my final Disney purchase is done.

View attachment 535159

1000 piece puzzle that DW and I put together. Now to preserve it and then find a way to mount and hang it. Would have been easier if it was square, but what fun would that be.

Good timing. I've been sittin' here for so long and had JUST run out of popcorn.

OMG%20Popcorn_zpsmekvlnip.gif

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter