Rent Disney Double or Outside Company @ Contemporary

DCMickeyBound

Earning My Ears
With the new rules in place, does it make sense for us to rent a Disney stroller? We have a 2.5 and 4.5 year old that can walk the distance from the Contemporary to MK and to the stroller pickup and on Monorail/Busses. They are also fine walking and staying with us in the airport.
We rented from an outside provider last time, but kids were younger and picking up at bell hop was a breeze.
I care more about best logistics than price and am not a fan of dealing with folding up strollers on the busses. Are the Disney strollers crummy? Why don’t I see people talking about renting them on the boards?

The strollers you rent from Disney are the hard plastic seats, with no basket storage. They are not comfortable, nor do they recline. They must stay in the park in which you rent them from. You can "park hop", keep your receipt and show at the next park. You only have to pay once a day to rent one.

I know you say the kids are fine with walking distances, but an average guest at Disney can and will walk 8-10 miles per day. Most adults would appreciate a stroller at the end of the day.

I would suggest you do order a stroller from an outside vendor. Dealing with trying to fold strollers for buses, everyone with kids has been there. Take your time, and don't worry about those behind you. The buses will wait, and so will the guests. Those without kids don't know and those that have kids will understand.

Remember, you could\would be carrying "sleepy\tired" kids when you yourself could be equally exhausted!

I will also add, a friend of mine went last year and didn't get their outside vendor stroller until the 2nd day and she specifically said that the canopy (hahahah!) on the disney strollers was unbelievably tiny and basically did nothing to shade her kids and that comparatively they were awful, and her kids complained about how hard/hot the plastic seat was. Also consider: let's say you don't get a stroller first thing in the morning (which either way, is a line you will have to stand and wait in) and around lunchtime your kids are crabby and you decide to get a stroller. You'll have to walk back to the front of whichever park to get to the rental counter. Say your 2.5 year old falls asleep in their disney stroller at the end of the night. Now you are carrying your toddler all the way to the resort or whichever transportation you have to take after dropping your stroller off when you exit the park.

Logistically, scooterbug is within a couple of dollars of pretty much everyone else if you're flying in and they are the disney-approved vendor for leaving with bell services (if you're flying in and won't have a car.) There is at least one vendor in MCO if you're flying in. If you're driving or renting a car and don't mind making a detour, there are several other options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter