Rent double or bring single?

Wosmama6

Mouseketeer
We will do a split stay at UO and WDW in March, me, dh, ds6, dd18mo. We have 3 long park days and 3 short park days. DD will not be coming with us on two of the long park days (HS and UO). We are trying to decide double or single stroller. We weren't planning to bring one at all on the days DD stays behind, and the days she doesnt will be shorter park days anyway (6 hrs or less). But based on recent experiences I know DS will tire out and want to ride. Would you:
Bring a single every day and he can suck it up on the days DD is with us?
Bring a single for DD and tell DS to suck it up?
Rent a double and bring nothing on the days DD is not with us?
Rent a double and bring it every day?
We are staying at a monorail resort and have 2 MK half days, 2 HS half days (ds only), 1 full AK day, 1 full UO day (ds only), 1 half UO day and 1 full legoland day (ds only).

Rent a double every day. Purchases/coats go in the extra seat with leftover snacks, then kid falls asleep on it all as it makes a nice pillow.
The "storage" area is overstuffed with crumpled ponchos and rain gear for the stroller and that weirdly shaped $26.99 toy the kid HAD to have but doesn't fit anywhere.

Rent a double. I'd rather have it and not need it than end up with a tired, cranky kid who wants to be in one.

Will there be need for DD to have a stroller on the days she isn’t in the parks with you? I’d brjng a single for DD and maybe rent a single if you realky think DS will need it. Or you could play it by ear and rent in-park if/when he does.

Enjoy your vacation!

Will there be need for DD to have a stroller on the days she isn’t in the parks with you? I’d brjng a single for DD and maybe rent a single if you realky think DS will need it. Or you could play it by ear and rent in-park if/when he does.

Enjoy your vacation!
Good point. Would definitely be nice to have an umbrella for her when we are not in the parks.

I say rent a double and just be done with it... better to have room for both...and this way you are covered no matter what.... and that's one less thing to worry about...

You never know when plans are going to fall through and life can change in a instant... you might decided to take her with you, or maybe she will have to come along, child care arrangement can change quickly...

My friends DD and her family just came during Thanksgiving... and my friend was planning on watching her DGD she is I think she 18 or 19 months old... while her DD and SIL took the older 2 (they are 4 and 6) into the parks... my friend ended up getting the stomach flu, and was out of commission for 3 days... so they had to take her with them into the parks... she said that they got so many cute pictures of the of the family and 3 kids together... and she wasn't afraid of the characters at all.. her DD said it wasn't as hard as they thought it would be... and everything worked out great...

I say rent a double and just be done with it... better to have room for both...and this way you are covered no matter what.... and that's one less thing to worry about...

You never know when plans are going to fall through and life can change in a instant... you might decided to take her with you, or maybe she will have to come along, child care arrangement can change quickly...

My friends DD and her family just came during Thanksgiving... and my friend was planning on watching her DGD she is I think she 18 or 19 months old... while her DD and SIL took the older 2 (they are 4 and 6) into the parks... my friend ended up getting the stomach flu, and was out of commission for 3 days... so they had to take her with them into the parks... she said that they got so many cute pictures of the of the family and 3 kids together... and she wasn't afraid of the characters at all.. her DD said it wasn't as hard as they thought it would be... and everything worked out great...
We are excited for dd to hit the parks but were going to let her skip UO and HS and just do our mk and ak days. I think she will love it

So my kids are almost 6 and almost 2 (both March babies), and we DL local. The ONLY place we have ever used our Citi Mini GT Double is at DL. Our upcoming trip to WDW in July, we are going to rent the same stroller (don't want to deal with damaging ours and the rentals come with a raincover which is a lifesaver for the sudden downpours that happen in summer). We are also bringing our small collapsable stroller for the airport and for the times when we will only be in the parks for a few hours. Definitely get the double. WDW is massive.

I would personally do a single with a baby carrier but honestly a double isn’t that much bigger if you don’t like baby wearing.

I would personally do a single with a baby carrier but honestly a double isn’t that much bigger if you don’t like baby wearing.
She broke my back (literally) when she was born so we have never used a carrier. It just healed and I'm trying to get back to being able to walk more than a half mile at a time! Otherwise that would def be the way to go

We once rented a double and brought a single. A single stroller in a breeze to fly with, as well as store in the corner of your hotel room. We took the double with us for the long days and the single for the shorter park times. We were glad we had both options available to us, especially as some occasions are just much easier with the single.

The decision would also depend on how well your older kiddo handles physical stress and long days.

In March when parks are crowded, it is often nice to be able to have your 6 year old sit in the stroller and know where he is. spring break time can be crazy, and people don't necessarily pay attention to littles in front of them. When DD was 6 she never rode in a stroller anywhere but at WDW she was just more comfortable out of people's way in a stroller, plus she wasn't crabby from being tired later in the day.

In March when parks are crowded, it is often nice to be able to have your 6 year old sit in the stroller and know where he is. spring break time can be crazy, and people don't necessarily pay attention to littles in front of them. When DD was 6 she never rode in a stroller anywhere but at WDW she was just more comfortable out of people's way in a stroller, plus she wasn't crabby from being tired later in the day.
I'm hoping we are arriving before most of the crowds as we are there the first week. We ended up renting a double and will bring our single umbrella for DD on quick jaunts across the resort, airport, to dinner as well

Bring the single. Let dd walk and ds ride at some point. I'm sure your dd will want to walk and then ds can take advantage and just hop in for a little break.

We rented a double from baby wheels and are bringing a single umbrella for the airport and such!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!