Rental car deals

wfbnancy

Mouseketeer
We have traveled to WDW often and have gotten alot of help off these boards on rental codes to ask for to get a good deal on car rentals etc. We are making our first trip to DL and wonder if Ca has any similar deals with codes etc. that Fl. does. We will be flying into San Diego and out of LAX. Thanks!

We just returned from LAX and used National EA. We reserved a Full size and ended up with a
Premium Buick Lesabre. With discounts from the Disney Club it came out to $121 for 1 week. There was a great selection of vehicles to choose from.

We need a minivan which it says we have to use counter service for. Did you make your reservation on the internet through National or 800 #? We are also DVC members as well as Disney Club, AAA, and AARP is there any benefits from them with cars? Also how many miles is it from San Diego to LA?

There were 2-3 Minivans along with SUV's and numerous Premium, Fullsize, and Midsize
cars. We used the DC discount along with the DC coupon. The base price was $166 before the discounts were subtracted, 20% and 26.63 . I;m not sure off the distance between
SD and LA. They will provide you with a map when you exit the rental lot. When we left Disney we drove up the coast from Newport Beach to Santa Monica and it took a few hours. We tried to see Venice Beach but it was to crowded on a Sunday afternoon.

What is the DVC coupon that you mentioned in your last post? Did I get one and miss it-I hope not!

1 free day rental for a 3 or more day stay. It was in the Last months coupons.
You can also print it out from the DC website. the code starts with 10004*** you can
fill in the Blanks.

Thanks, I will keep watching. I was amazed by using the DisneyClub code it was almost $100 less. If I add the coupon that will be great.

Nancy- I'm have similar questions about rentals in CA, since my main experience is WDW and National. We are renting out of SF, but not at the airport, so no EA. We are returning at John Wayne airport, from DL. Because we are not returning to the same location, the on-line ressie wouldn't take the one free day DC coupon. From about one month of scanning the net, it seems like CA has good prices & less state fees, but you can't score the occassional "big bargain" that hard work can get you at WDW.

Distance between LA and San Diego is about 100 miles. 2-3 hours drive, depending where you leave from and when you leave. Maybe a little less ;).

<font color=navy>Re... distance from San Diego ~ Disneyland is south of Los Angeles, and the drive from San Diego (on a "good" traffic day) is more like 1-1/2 hours. I live about 20 minutes beyond DL, and it takes us about 1-3/4 (on a "great" driving day) to 2 hours to get to San Diego, normally.

Question on National EA.. Say I reserve a full size car and then when I get to EA there is a Mini Van. Can we take the van for the same price as our reservation?

Yes, you only pay for what you reserve, usually a full size. if there is a mini-van, Suv, Caddy, Premium or anytning else at the EA you may take whatever is on the isle when you arrive. We had reservations for a full-size last week and ended up with a Buick Lesabre. we had our choice of about 30 cars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter