Rental car drop off at WDW???

treloarf

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me where I can drop off a rental car somewhere within WDW. And if I can do that what rental company. We're staying onsite & won't need a car except we have to rent one in Jacksonville to drive down. Thanks!@

Scott,
Thanks, I forgot. Actually, I would like to forget the Swalphin exists at all. ;)

Thanks guys, I just called National - there's no drop off at Dolphin. How would I get from the Car Center to OKW?

We used it last march to return a toyota with a leak in a tire.
Maybe they closed it or mis-informed you?

Scott

I have dropped off my National rental car at the Dolphin several times. However, when we were there right after Thanksgiving, you could no longer drop off or pick up cars at the hotel. I have a reservation to pick-up a car at the Dolphin in April - so perhaps cars will be available there when business picks up again.

BTW -I've been very happy with my stays at the Dolphin, and will try the Swan for my next trip. :)

I would recommend dropping off your family and luggage at OKW before returning the car to the Car Care Center. I believe it is located near the TTC, so you could take a bus from there to OKW. I've also heard there's shuttle service between the Car Care Center and the resorts.

Originally posted by dan and scott
We used it last march to return a toyota with a leak in a tire.
Maybe they closed it or mis-informed you?

Scott

National still has a desk in the Dolphin Hotel, but they do NOT accept drop offs at this location. You are directed to the Car Care Center which is near the MK. You can have the paperwork done at the Dolphin to pick up a car, but then you wait for the shuttle to pick you up and take you to the Car Care Center. This was the situation this past December. I was told that due to construction/expansion plans, there isn't room anymore for National to have cars at this location. BTW, if you plan to drop a car off at the Car Care Center and are expecting a shuttle ride back to your hotel BE SURE you plan to drop the car off when the Car Care Center is open. It is NOT a 24 hour location and the shuttle only operates when the CCC is open.

FWIW, Dollar has a location at one of the DD Hotels on Hotel Plaza Blvd. I believe there are also other car rental agencies that have desks in those hotels as well. National is the only one on site.

I believe it is located near the TTC, so you could take a bus from there to OKW

The Car Care Center is quite a hike from the TTC and I don't think there is a safe walking path to get you to the area where the buses are. FWIW, from the TTC, you'd either have to take a bus to DD and transfer there to OKW or take the ferry/monorail to the MK to pick up the OKW bus. Your best option is to drop off your car when the CCC is open and then ask to take the shuttle back to your resort. If you have to drop off after the CCC is closed, I'd call a cab. Again, JMHO, but there isn't a safe walking path to the TTC and it's too far away, anyway. IIRC, the CCC is between the toll entrance plaza and the MK parking lot. You pass it when you drive out of the MK lot.

Thanks for the info, Carol. I knew the CCC was in the vicinity of the TTC, but didn't realize it was still quite a hike from there.

Does anybody know the hours of operation of the CCC? We are looking at renting a car for 1 day (already have ressies!) during our March trip. I think I put down a 9 a.m. p/u and drop-off. Are these business hours for the CCC? Thanks!!

This is copied from National's web site:

Orlando- Walt Disney Car Care Cntr.
ORLR02
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32832
US
Tel: (407)824-3470
Fax: (407)824-8230

Hours of operation:
Sun:08:00 AM-06:00 PM
Mon-Fri:07:00 AM-06:00 PM
Sat:08:00 AM-06:00 PM

Service(s) available:
CN-Counter
MG-Meet And Greet

Reserve at this location.
3-Step or
Emerald Club

Here's the link if you want to bookmark it to check as you get closer to your dates:

http://www.nationalcar.com/servlet/DocHandler/index.html?772170cb6187e2a9

Thanks Carol! BTW, what is Meet and Greet? We will need to get picked up from OKW and then brought back once we return the car. At least the hours are feasible! Thanks again.

34 days and counting.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter